[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst Animal Collective album.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: folder.jpg (13KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
13KB, 280x280px
Worst Animal Collective album.
>>
File: 1467237304405.jpg (2MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1467237304405.jpg
2MB, 1500x1500px
one and only correct answer incoming
>>
'no'
>>
sung tongs imo
>>
>>72852277
Hollinndagain is miles worse. Two memorable and good songs. That is all.

>>72852294
ayyyyyyyyy lmao
>>
>>72852252
But that's not Painting With
>inb4 contrarians try to defend genuinely bad music
>>
>>72852252

"The pleb filter's operating at full efficiency, Captain."
>>
>hollinndagain
>dasne manatee
>animal crack box
>painting with

all trash
>>
>>72852315
Painting With isn't bad though.

>>72852317
This must be why Animal Collective never did anything with Hollinndagain again, right? Because it was their best work? Even if they were doing anything with any of these tracks again it was taking them from Hollinndagain and improving on them?
>>
>>72852337
sick burn
>>
>>72852252
>all of them
>>
>>72852252
hollinndagain shouldn't be considered an album in the studio sense, it's a pastiche of different live performances
>>
>>72852664
It's considered an album, even by them though. You could say the same for Campfire Songs. It was a one take recording of songs with ambient field recordings added in afterward.
>>
>>72852337
Holl is a tour album they made for mainly for friends and family, the reissue hasn't been in print for years and years. when you're trying to put it's existence in context you're just making yourself more of a dumb ass.
>>
>>72852697
Campfire Songs was a side project
>>
>>72852697
live album*

campfire songs had a single concept underlying the recordings

there's no concept to hollinndagain beyond "these were performed on tour at various points throughout 2001"
>>
>>72852252
>>72852294
Wow, completely disagree
>>
i only find sung tongs and painting with to be obstructive and flawed albums

>>72852829
wow overstated opinions
>>
>>72852252
MPP
>>
>>72852252
I couldn't choose a worst one. I like all of their albums to an extent. But I've seen a few people disliking Hollinndagain lately, whats the deal with that
>>
>>72852888
gtfo troll
>>
>>72852881
obstructive of what and in what ways
>>
>>72852902
Forest Gospel and Pride and Fight are the only good songs? That's the deal with that.
>>
what if Panda states that Sung Tongs isn't a real AnCo album but Avey disagrees?

what then? divide by zero?
>>
>>72852945
Are you the same guy I talked to about this like 2 days ago? Explain to me how There's an Arrow, Lablakely Dress, Tell it to the Mountain, or Pumpkin gets a Snakebite are bad
>>
*quietly sneaks danse manatee to safety while nobody is looking*
>>
>>72852979
shut up you retard
>>
>>72853026
the fuck is your problem
>>
>>72852999
They're extremely easily forgettable? There aren't really any redeeming qualities to them as songs? And again, they all seemed like bare bones structures of songs that were improivsed over rather than songs. Hollinndagain to me just seems like they were trying to find their sound through messing with the concepts of Danse Manatee and Here Comes the Indian. I think both concepts and ideas of those separate albums were messed with on Hollinndagain. They even took some of the songs from Hollinndagain and revamped them for Danse.
>>
>>72853026
oh, i see you don't understand irony. lack of contextual awareness is a sign of autism i'm afraid, enjoy your sperg self
>>
>>72853080
if you find Hollindagain 4get able then you have severe A.D.D and autism
>>
>>72853080
There's only one song from Hollinndagain (which was just live renditions of DM material that didn't make the album) that is also on Danse, which is Lablakely Dress, and the Hollinndagain version is easily way better. And those 4 tracks definitely aren't forgettable. There's an Arrow is the most melodic and traditionally harmonious song on the album as well as those clacky percussion synths at the beginning and that high pitch screeching one that fades in halfway through the song. How could you forget that? How could you forget any of these tracks which have such great attention to detail and are filled with such rich, albeit abrasive, texture?

Also, Animal Collective have said in interviews that they never straight up improvise on stage, these are all fully prewritten songs
>>
File: NkkIVfI.jpg (27KB, 423x317px) Image search: [Google]
NkkIVfI.jpg
27KB, 423x317px
>>72852252
not bad at all, actually great
>>72852277
not bad either
>>72852315
not as bad as people say it is, there's plenty of good songs on that and The Painters
>>
>>72852881
>sung tongs
literally their 2nd best wtf
>>
>>72852252
it's such a memorable experience of an album, perhaps their most ambitious and unique release
worst: danse manatee (there's still not a single bad anco release, this one just missed the mark and is easily the more forgettable of the releases)
>>
How do you pronounce it? Is it "holland again" or "hollin dagan"?
>>
>>72854318
"hollinndagain"
>>
>>72852294
>>72852881
explain why you guys dont like sung tongs
>>
>>72853259
Clearly their focus with Hollinndagain was experimenting with texture and extreme frequencies, very much like Danse Manatee. As you said. However, I just personally think Hollinndagain missed the mark, not Danse Manatee.

As others have said, there isn't really a "terrible" AnCo album but Hollinndagain is my absolute least favorite. I even gave it a listen the other night with fresh ears all the way through, and...it just didn't do it for me.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.