[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Two-Headed Boy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: download (19).jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (19).jpg
9KB, 225x225px
Hello /mu/tants,this thread is about,how you can see,the song from Neutral Milk Hotel;Twp-Headed Boy.

In this thread i will give a pesonal interpretation of the two songs,but of course,you don't need to agree with me,i ust want share these thoughts that i'm having.

And anon,pls share your interpration too.

For me,the two songs,are about a boy that died,maybe in accident,and the consequences of this in his family.

I gonna know analyze the two songs verse by verse.

Cont.
>>
Two-Headed Boy Pt.1

First verse

>Two headed boy
All floating in glass
The sun it has passed
Now it's blacker than black
I can hear as you tap on your jar
I am listening to hear where you are
I am listening to hear where you are

"Two-Headed Boy" mean his state after the accident.

"All floating in glass" mean the boy after this accident,

"The sun it has passed now it's blacker than black" mean the climate in his family after the accident.

"I can hear as you tap your jar" can mean his father,or brother,feeling his presence after his death."I am listening to hear where you are" can mean this too.
>>
Verse 2

Two headed boy
Put on Sunday shoes
And dance round the room to accordion keys
With the needle that sings in your heart
Catching signals that sound in the dark
Catching signals that sound in the dark

This whole verse can be take it as memories of his father and brother of him.
>>
Hook

We will take off our clothes
And they'll be placing fingers through the notches in your spine
And when all is breaking
Everything that you could keep inside
Now your eyes ain't moving
Now they just lay there in their climb

"We will take off our clothes and they'Il be placing fingers through the notches in your spine" can mean the take it of him to the hospital and the doctors examinating him.

"And when all is breaking
Everything that you could keep inside" simply mean his broken bones.

"Now your eyes ain't moving,now they just lay there in their climb" can mean the moment of his death.
>>
Verse 3

Two headed boy
With pulleys and weights
Creating a radio played just for two
In the parlor with a moon across her face
And through the music he sweetly displays
Silver speakers that sparkle all day
Made for his lover who's floating and choking with her hands across her face

"In the parlor with a moon across her face' mean his mother.

"Made for his lover who's floating and chocking with her hands across her face" mean that he made the radio for his mother,and describe her state,in the moment of the accident or in the moment of his death,or in the two.
>>
I like this thread please continue
>>
Verse 4

Two headed boy
There is no reason to grieve
The world that you need is wrapped in gold silver sleeves
Left beneath Christmas trees in the snow
And I will take you and leave you alone
Watching spirals of white softly flow
Over your eyelids and all you did
Will wait until the point when you let go

"Two headed boy,there is no reason to grieve,the world that you need is wrapped in gold silver sleeves,left beneath Christmas trees in the snow'

This whole part of the verse can considered simply memories.But maybe "the world that you need is wrapped in gold silver sleeves"
can mean his vests when he goes to Heaven.

"I will take and leave you alone" can mean his father taking him to the cemetery.

"Over your eyelids and all you did,will wait until the point when you let go" can mean his parents keeping all the things that he has created.
>>
Two-Headed Pt.2

First Verse

Two headed boy
There is no reason to grieve
The world that you need is wrapped in gold silver sleeves
Left beneath Christmas trees in the snow

"Daddy,please hear this song that I sing,in your there's a spark that just screams for a lover to bring a child to your chest that could lay as you sleep" can mean his brother singing a song to his father,that clearly has been missing the other son.
>>
Verse 2

Blister please with those wings in your spine
Love to be with a brother of mine
How he'd love to find your tongue in his teeth
In a struggle to find secret songs that you keep wrapped in boxes so tight
Sounding only at night as you sleep

"Blister please with those wings in your spine,love'd to be with a brother of mine" can mean a order of the brother to that "blister",maybe to his brother be alive again.

How he'd love to find your tongue in his teeth,in a struggle to find secret songs that you keep wrapped in boxes so tight,sounding only at night as you sleep" can mean the moments of the dead brother with their father.
>>
Verse 4

Brother, see we are one in the same
And you left with your head filled with flames
And you watched as your brains fell out through your teeth
Push the pieces in place
Make your smile sweet to see
Don't you take this away
I'm still wanting my face on your cheek

"And you watched as your brains fell out through your teeth,push the pieces in place,don't you take this away,i'm still wanting my face on your cheek' this clearly is the feeling of miss of his brother.
>>
Hook

And when we break we'll wait for our miracle
God is a place where some holy spectacle lies
When we break we'll wait for our miracle
God is a place you will wait for the rest of your life

This verse has some anti-religious feeling on his,at least I feel that.

Is there not much to say about him,Jeff is pretty clear on that,and sarcastic.
>>
Two headed boy, she is all you could need
She will feed you tomatoes and radio wires
And retire to sheets safe and clean
But don't hate her when she gets up to leave

Maybe this verse can mean the nurse that take care of him,before his death,or evven a angel,idk.

So is that,what you guys think?
>>
Very good OP.
>>
Wow,this really really is a nice thread.
>>
Hey /mu/!Get in here!

Why nobody give attention to the good threads?
>>
Neat thread, op. Was ready for memes. Expectations subverted
>>
samefag
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.