[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Muse02.jpg (104KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Muse02.jpg
104KB, 1600x1067px
Why does /mu/ hate MUSE so much?
is literally anyone looking forward to their new single tomorrow?
>>
>>72838204
They're just a Reddiohead clone that /mu/ thinks is inferior while singing praises to Reddiohead at the same time
The irony is that the only real criticism most people here can come up with is that they're a "Reddit band"
>>
most of mutants are 17 yrs old white murican cucks that hate any guitar music or loud voices, they only stand guitar music with whiny emo fag vocals like Weezer or Mineral
>>
>>72838826
Matt Bellamy's singing isn't the definition of whiny fag vocals?
>>
>>72838852
if bellamy's is whiny (which very early and now very recently in muse's career it has been), then yorke is like a fuckin chihuahua barking
>>
/mu/ hates muse because they have the balls to be bombastic and loud and mad and poppy etc and because /mu/ is a bunch of captious, carping, contrarian, insecure pseudo-aesthete comic-book guy types
>>
>>72839241
a great many of whom dont seem to have good ears - especially when theyre searching for influence and unoriginality - and a great many of whom argue like high-schoolers
>>
>>72838227
Muse hasn't sounded like Radiohead for like 17 years, try again.
>>
muse makes tacky and lame rock for teenagers. i dont really hate them so much as its more of a lack of interest/care. they dont make music for me , etc.
>>
>>72839323
did they ever, though? and unlike most morons on this board, im not sure what the necessary significance of 'sounding like another artist' really is. i also dont know how similar any two sounds can really be. /mu/ should dispense with the categories and tiers etc.
>>
>>72839379
Some of Muse's early stuff is definitely reminiscent of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBHRiKZY2fk

for example. Plus the tenor "whiny" male voice with a lot of falsetto drew a lot of comparisons. Unfortunately, Muse has never really been able to escape that comparison, even when after Absolution the bands didn't sound anything like each other anymore.
>>
>>72839470
bit beginning at :53/:54 reminds me of muse but its still quite different. for one, colin is using a pick and no effects, thom doesn't do any vocal belting at :53/:54 nor does phillip go HAM with the cymbal, and both the conjunct/disjunct movements of and the effects on the guitar are quite different. this sure as shit doesnt sound like showbiz-era muse or any other era of muse
>>
>>72839570
but the whole song* is still quite different
>>
Has it leaked yet? I can't fucking wait no more
>>
>tfw matt is apparently fucked up on drugs, but it's somehow the kind of drugs that makes you write shitty music instead of good music
>>
>>72838204
I like muse.

But it's gotten harder to like them as I feel each new album feels more sell-offish and hyper political.
>>
Muse is Radiohead for edgy teens
>>
>>72839241

True. I've discovered truly artsy/beautiful albums on /mu/ but damn Muse really gets me going with all the cheese and the bombastic songs.
>>
>>72841166
>missing the point this badly
>being this retarded
>/mu/tant
makes sense
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.