[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

crack up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: cover.jpg (505KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
505KB, 2048x2048px
The first track is so fucking good

>I never knew you, you kneeew meeeee.
>Not like you knew meeEEeee

Kinda sucks that there isnt a better moment on this album.

Any other thoughts on this album before p4k gives it a 10.
>>
File: sadbot.jpg (101KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sadbot.jpg
101KB, 1440x1080px
Bloc Party - Signs
>>
Fleet Foxes are pretentious trash and take themselves way too seriously. Flooding the mix like they do is just distracting.
>>
where to the album
>>
>>72836027
>ADHD child can't focus
>>
>>72835927
At first I thought they were going to rate it really high but now I feel like it's going to get something like an 8.6
>>
>>72835927
Not better than Pure Comedy.
>>
>>72836134
holy shit, this
>>
File: d5c.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
d5c.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>72836134
>>
>>72835927
Abysmal songwriting on this LP unfortunately
>>
>>72835978
Y did u say this?
>>
>>72836134
I agree but they are totally different albums. But I think this is a far grander and ambitious than PC. Honestly, both of these are at the top of my AOTY list at them moment.
>>
>>72835927
i found OAO to be the climax of the album, it sort of concludes the introspective segment of the "crackup" like an acceptance of the state with the songs that follow being moving forward
>>
>>72836134

fuck off Fantano
>>
>>72836595
Fantano hasn't even heard Crack-Up.
>>
File: lou-beckons.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
lou-beckons.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
>>72836134
>Pure Comedy
This post is pure comedy.
>>
>>72836717
if you actually listened to the album you'd understand that's actually a compliment
>>
>>72836134
this desu
>>
>>72836671

he didn't like Fool's Errand

which is literally the best track on the album

so he can eat a cock
>>
>>72836949
fool's errand is the worst. it's not even bad it's just wholly forgettable in the middle of an album where every other song is a total knockout.
>>
>>72837084

it has the best chorus on the entire album I don't know how you could forget it
>>
>>72836949
bottom 3 desu, weak single not sure why he chose to promote that one
>>
did anybody else buy the VMP copy
i wonder when that will sell out because its been days and they still have it in stock
>>
>>72837128
>it has the best chorus on the entire album
what is kept woman?
>>
>>72837206

I don't even remember the chorus on Kept Woman
>>
>>72837230
I think you might have ADHD or something
>>
>>72836949
it's not that good. he's right, it does fall on its face.
>>
>>72837314
how many times have you listened to the album?
>>
>>72837392
3 but I hardly see how that's relevant
>>
>>72837422

I've listened to it like 20 times and BY FAR the chorus that stands out to me the most is Fool's Erramd
>>
Third of May is incredible.

>And as the sky would petal white, old innocent lies came to mind

>Aren't we made to be crowded together, like leeeeeeeaaaaaves?

>To be held within oneself is deathlike, oh I know
>>
File: dfw6.png (160KB, 343x315px) Image search: [Google]
dfw6.png
160KB, 343x315px
>>72836134
>>
ok im trying really hard to love this album but i cant. something about this fucking album causes me to subconsciously wonder if i even like what im listening to or if im just succumbing to everyone elses opinion.

i just miss the catchy melodies this album seems to ditch that and instead focus on scale and spatial sound but in the end they forgot about the music part of the music.

7/10
>>
>>72837621
its pretty much nice little moments interspersed with some textural instrumentation. Its good but i feel like they could have made a much more interesting and better record with these same ideas, doubling down on both the catchy melodies and texture stuff
>>
It's incredibly cohesive as a record is it's strong point. it creates a world where even if something doesn't make sense or feel good, it still feels right. I recognize that that could mean what >>72837621 is talking about is true and i'm not listening for the right reasons, but I find something new to love every time. Keep Time On Me is perfect and the closer is shatteringly good, and each other song is nestling into my brain further and further with each listen. I've been sort of out of it lately and haven't been enjoying new records; this one I can't stop replaying. That alone means it's something special to me.
>>
>>72837523
love DFW, is Father John Misty really as ironic as I've been told?
>>
>>72837156
There are 7 copies left
>>
>>72838935
He tries but ends up saying nothing.
>>
why don't people like this album? I thought it was fan fuckin tastic!

>>72835927
On Another Ocean is the best track btw
>>
>>72837621
>>72838797
This is pretty much how I feel too. I remember reading Robin say that he wanted to make an album that he was fully satisfied with. I can truly see Crack-Up as an intensely cathartic project for him but as a listener I feel a disconnect. Some may disagree with me on this but Crack-Up reminds me a lot of A Moon Shaped Pool. The overall tone, musical content, and especially the flow of the album seem to align them together. That being said, I think on A Moon Shaped Pool Radiohead did a really great job at melding genres and experimenting with textures while still maintaining the qualities that made an album like In Rainbows so great. Crack-Up just does not pull it off in the same way imo.
>>
>>72839353
Most threads have been fairly positive towards it, and the people who like it tend to be really fervent about it. I think it'll go on to be a pretty divisive record.
>>72838935
He's ironic in the way that DFW would have hated.
>>
>>72835927
I downloaded it two days ago, and by now I've probably broken my record of "most listens to a single album within forty eight hours".

It's not 10/10, maybe not even 9/10, and I don't think it's as good as their first two (but to be fair I've been listening to those albums for several years) but god damn this album is interesting, unique, and addicting. It's not what I expected, and yet still exactly what a new Fleet Foxes album should sound like - well worth the six year wait.

Whereas some tracks on Helplessness Blues attempted to reach an "epic" scale with mixed results, this album really nails that ambition - it has precisely the breathtaking grandeur that it aimed for. And because of this, its simpler moments really stand out - "Keep Time On Me" wouldn't have been very memorable on either of their previous albums, but in the context of Crack-Up it's fucking beautiful.

I'd like to show some love for Cassius, - and -Naiads, Cassadies; the sequence of those two tracks is an underappreciated highpoint. But to be honest, the first track they unveiled (Third of May) remains my favorite. That track is the perfect representation of Fleet Foxes.
>>
File: 1301091248001.jpg (46KB, 549x563px) Image search: [Google]
1301091248001.jpg
46KB, 549x563px
Kept Woman, Third of May, and I Should See Memphis are my favorites. Though desu, Kept Woman sounds like old school Fleetwood Mac. For example, listen to Woman of 1000 Years from the Future Games album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQYHFWGXeDk
>>
>>72840688
I 100% back everything this anon says. I cannot get enough of this album and I wish my friends were into this sort of stuff because I'm dying to share this with someone.
>>
>>72840894
God dammit man I'm almost in the same boat here, my only friend who likes Fleet Foxes doesn't go to concerts because he's stingy and poor, and now that he's dating this basic-ass Christfag bitch there's definitely no way he'll be down for their upcoming show in August. Never been to a show alone but I might do that for the first time because I gotta hear this shit live.
>>
>>72840955
Go anyways anon. Rolling solo to shows is actually pretty nice
>>
>>72840955
Honestly, I may be doing this too when they come to Arizona. Twice.
>>
>>72841144
Going to both shows too! Going alone to the Phoenix show
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.