[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I into Paramore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: paramore.jpg (1MB, 2980x2072px) Image search: [Google]
paramore.jpg
1MB, 2980x2072px
How do I into Paramore?
>>
just channel your inner teenage girl
>>
Realize that while not an amazing singer she's head over heels better than most artists she gets lumped with. Know that they can adapt their sound as they age while continuing to make music in their own style.

Just listen to all of their albums. None of them are bad.
>>
>>72833379
watch the new fantano review
he'll help you into the new album
>>
>>72833494
She's not Adele tier singing wise but she's still good.
>>
>>72833379
They only have 5 albums.

Listen in order, appreciate how they improved quickly in the beginning, leading up to their then-opus Brand New Eyes being almost flawless. The band's drums, vocal melodies & singing, and catchy guitar were at a peak.

After that, the band fell apart to just Hayley & the bassist. A guy (childhood friend & best friend of the 2 ex-bandmembers) joined to help them make music again. While the following s/t was in a bit of a freefall, you can hear them grasping at a number of good strands

Bassist quits over legal shit, Hayley & new guy work for a bit until he asks Zac (old drummer) back into the group. They make After Laughter, which – while song ratings aren't as consistently-great as BNE – hits their highest highs, and is their most mature, open, and (most importatnly) comfy/friendly album yet.

Enjoy, OP!

>>72833494
>>72833658
As far as singing for a 'pop-punk' band as htey were labeled, I can't ever imagine having a more able singer do music like this
>>
They're decent and they kind of define the music for girls who were teenagers from 2005 to 2010 more or less, and it carries on with that audience and their shifting taste in music. Not spetacular by any means, but they're varied and Haley is a good singer.
>>
>>72833930
Growing up listening to them I always saw that they had a larger male audience than female.
>>
>>72833980
Fair enough, my experience tended to show otherwise.
>>
>>72834001
My experience was mostly limited to just my high school so I can see how it could be different. For some reason the girls favored Flyleaf here.
>>
you don't because they're shit holy fuck how bad of taste does this board have
>>
File: 1417771015854.gif (2MB, 335x237px) Image search: [Google]
1417771015854.gif
2MB, 335x237px
>>72834099
>I only listen to superior artists like Elizabeth Fraser.
>>
>>72834178
>Elizabeth Fraser
She is much more talented than your shitty waifu
>>
>>72834205
She is, but Paramore is infinitely more entertaining.
>>
>>72833494
Haley is a great singer !
>>
>>72833923
>After that, the band fell apart to just Hayley & the bassist. A guy (childhood friend & best friend of the 2 ex-bandmembers) joined to help them make music again. While the following s/t was in a bit of a freefall, you can hear them grasping at a number of good strands
Your info doesn't match wikipedia desu
>>
File: 1484856819732.jpg (97KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1484856819732.jpg
97KB, 640x640px
>>72833923
>A guy (childhood friend & best friend of the 2 ex-bandmembers) joined to help them make music again
Taylor (who's been carriyng Paramore since Farro's left) joined in mid 2007 ffs way before Brand New Eyes

>you can hear them grasping at a number of good strands
They won a grammy for "Ain't It Fun" which also is their most popular song on Spotify with almost 110 million plays. "Still Into You" is also massively popular with 91 million plays. S/T is by many considered their best album

>Hayley & new guy
He's been in Paramore since 2007
>>
>>72834506
>>72834526
Shit, yo. I thought up through BNE was the 4 w/ the 2 Farro brothers.

And damn son, I adore Ain't It Fun and Still Into You -- though those *are* two of it's best songs. I meant that they were trying out a number of different directions stylistically

Definitely disagreed with best, though. I hear most say BNE; the s/t is overlong and consequently has more filler than their leaner albums

>But also
Sorry guys, was just trying to help OP get a general sense of their arc! ;_; I really truly did think Taylor only came in around s/t times; really dunno how I never heard of him before that...must have been because I only saw the music videos during the AWKIF/Riot era?
>>
>>72834675
>Shit, yo. I thought up through BNE was the 4 w/ the 2 Farro brothers
It was
>Haley
>Farro Brothers
>Davis
>Taylor
Josh Farro was responsible for the songwriting on first three albums Taylor was second guitarrist. When Josh left Taylor took the role of lead songwriter. That's probably why s/t and AL are so very different from their first 3 albums.

Taylor also wrote the drum parts for S/T I think

He also supported Hayley when she wanted to quit the band after the Farro brother's left

Taylor is the hero Paramore needs but doesn't deserve
>>
>>72834848
*Taylor wasn't on the first 2 albums
>>
>>72833379
You forget to have standards.
>>
>>72834848
Haha, agreed. He's been their saving grace in so many ways. Thanks for clearing that up -- of *course* they added a second guitarist, duh!

And yeah, Josh's riffing absence is exactly the change obvious in the last two
>>
>>72833379
they're really not worth getting into. there is just too much superior music that's in the same vein. paramore is a mediocre punk-pop band with mediocre emo vocals that later got into some mediocre effects and production. ask a paramore fan to explain what is unique and necessary about the group within the genre that they exist. without bringing up hayley. they can't do it because it's a cult of personality around a pretty girl. i'm sure she's lovely but it's just not original or worthwhile music. they have never had a fresh, new idea in their entire discography. if you want decent to good punk-pop that is never terrible and has superior vocals to most pop, then this is your band. if you have any other expectations out of music then they won't be met
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.