[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grizzly Bear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: grizzly-450x269.png (261KB, 450x269px) Image search: [Google]
grizzly-450x269.png
261KB, 450x269px
So my friend recently said, "Grizzly Bear has never put out a bad album, and Shields is perfect." I sorta like Grizzly bear, but I don't think they're that good. What does /mu/ think of them?
>>
whats up with the dyke bitch with a dude haircut
>>
>>72830439
Two Weeks is pretty fire
>>
I can listen endlessly to the opening of Sleeping Ute. There's also a great alternative version of Little Brother.

They're a solid band for sure
>>
>>72830439
Yellow House, Veckatimist, and Shields were all god-tier albums emblematic of the highs that indie could soar to in the late 2000's.

Sadly, that scene peaked around 2009-2010, and nearly a decade later there's been fuck all to replace it.

$100 says their new album will suck more dick than they do.
>>
One of the best indie rock bands of the 2000's. They were definitely better than the likes of say, Animal Collective.

One of my favorite artists. They do pop music really well but still have a complex twist in most of their songs.
>>
>>72830439
Boring, some ok singles.
>>
>>72831479
>They were definitely better than the likes of say, Animal Collective.
>They do pop music really well but still have a complex twist in most of their songs.

My thoughts as well, they're quite consistent and knew how to evolve over time as opposed to 99% of indie bands.
>>
probably my favorite of those "p4k darlings", though I might be forgetting some others

great band
>>
>>72831631
>>72831479
This is sort of interesting, as most people I know have preffered AnCo over GB. I personally like AnCo more, but I also like GB.
>>
>>72831753
This. They were probably one of the last truly great bands to come out of the Pitchfork hype machine
>>
One of my favourite bands, but the new album is gonna be shit. Hopefully we'll get some more Dan Rossen solo stuff.
>>
hot damn, is it 2009 in here?

grizzly bear are fine, and veckatimest was great. i think your friend was being hyperbolic.
>>
>>72832645
Perfect is a bit strong, but I think they're definitely a great band.
>>
>>72832598
It's hard for me to think of many bands that have broken out largely on p4k hype since then to be honest, yeah
>>
As many others have said, they're one of the few 2000s indie darling p4k-core bands that is actually genuinely excellent. Great songwriting as well as some truly GOAT musicianship and really subtle composition.

Shields is their best (come at me) and in my top 3 for 2012. Cautiously hyped for their new album, haven't even listened to the singles.
>>
>>72832604
>>72832918
Don't listen to the singles, you'll just be disappointed

But yeah, they were an incredible band in their day and nostalgia is the only reason why Shields isn't unanimously acknowledged as their magnum opus
>>
>>72833087
I prefer Veckatimest to Shields, but Shields is still a great album. I can't believe opinions about it tend to be negative.

I also think Mourning Sound and Three Rings are both very good songs, not sure where the disappointment is coming from, but hey.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.