[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help with getting into music.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: unnamed.jpg (16KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
16KB, 900x900px
For a while I hadn't been into music and didn't really understand why people liked it. Recently I listened to the album In the Aeroplane Over the Sea (I know, entry level pleb taste, please hear me out) it felt like a novel. I want to be able to connect with more music and develop my own taste. Please only give recommendations and don't show hostility or anonymity (I know, wrong website for that). I am new to music, please help
>>
>>72819963
Read the sticky
rym, discogs, and last.fm
>>
File: Girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>he wants to listen to music
>>
>>72819963
Nobody here actually likes music.
>>
nvm, waste of time whatever....
>>
don't mind the two retards above op, just google /mu/-sentials and go from there. obviously don't just listen to the music just because it's there (i.e listening to a certain genre you know you won't like), but find one you like and branch out from there
>>
I was in the same position. Go to the /mu/ essentials chart and start from there and then get a rate your music. Start to listen to at least one new album a day or something of the sorts and enjoy
>>
lmao cuck

new to music

you sound like a narc
>>
>>72820123
>>72820062

you two faggots seriously give this place a bad rep

op, I'm going to recommend albums I like since from the top of my head since you wanted recs

Beach House - Bloom
Animal Collective - Feels
Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear
Sufjan Stevens - Illinois
Alvvays - Alvvays
Kendrick Lamar - good kid, mad city
Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
Car Seat Headrest - Twin Fantasy
James Blake - James Blake
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
>>
>>72819963
try this if you want music with emotion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSi_FE52TAY
>>
>>72820309
Of that only Alvvays us alright purely for the'girl next door' vibes.

Fucking captcha, I don't know what third world gas stations or store fronts look likr
>>
>>72820168
Man if you can't take even the gentlest of teasing I don't know what's gonna be good for you.
Aeroplane isn't a bad place to start but by no means is it "normie" music. Look further into indie folk, I'd suggest:
Hop Along
The Glow part 2 and further Microphones songs
Ghost Mice, I GUESS

If you want to check out albums with storylines, we got you covered, keep a lyrics booklet handy:
The Protomen Acts 1 & 2 (ACT 3 NEVER)
Odyssey to the West
Flight of the Knife

Take time to think over the songs you listen to, they all offer something.
>>
I've listened to the Glow Pt. 2, didn't really click with me. There were some nice moments thought. I've heard one of the protomen songs
>>
>>72820461
MY HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART BEATS LOUDLY

Also Father of Death might be the best Protomen song, with The Hounds as a close second.
>>
File: B1o.jpg (2MB, 1920x3102px) Image search: [Google]
B1o.jpg
2MB, 1920x3102px
>>72819963

listen to at least 50% of the albums in pic related
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.