[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

4/10 MELON HEAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: Cover.jpg (54KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
54KB, 600x600px
So melon head gave it a 4/10 discuss.

>personalya 5/10
>>
>>72817375

It's shit.
I haven't even listened to it but it's shit.
>>
I loved it :(
>>
he said dad rock,his opinion doesnt matter
>>
>>72817375
Don't get his opinion on the dad rock part. His argument was literally that its dad rock. Some of the rock songs are really good.
>>
8/10
>>
>>72817375
>implying dad rock is not a good thing
6/10
>>
it was an ok if harsh review

>mfw anthony pronounced Niall like Niall Mackenzie instead of like Niall Horan

IRISH BTFO ETERNALLY
>>
File: 326shxygefjljelf.jpg (12KB, 230x300px) Image search: [Google]
326shxygefjljelf.jpg
12KB, 230x300px
>>72817375
It depends whether or not it was a tactically chosen rating but I doubt Fantano is that intelligent . . .
>>
>>72817375
3.5/5

Only Angel and Kiwi are trash of the highest order, like someone said "what does a good rock song sound like" and somehow came up with "modern hard rock trash" as an answer.

Carolina and Woman are better, but still middling. Sign of the Times is above average, as is Two Ghosts. Meet Me in the Hallway, Sweet Creature, Ever Since New York, and From the Dining Table are all really good tracks that actually approach musical and lyrical maturity, although they're both still not quite there.

A solid debut that shows potential, but still nothing special.
>>
First time I fully agree with him

"Sign of the times" set the bar pretty high and none of the other songs made up to it.
>>
From the Dining Table is such a good song, but i can understand why melon gave it a 4/10
The album obviously had more potential but i like the way Harry is leading, if gets more mature his and get inspiration somewhere to actually write good lyrics, maybe his next album gets a 9/10
>>
>>72819719
If he gets more mature and get inspiration somewhere*

>please Harry listen to some Elliott Smith
>>
>>72817375
7/10 for me but I agree that the lyrics need work
>>
Why is melon's rating such a big deal? He's a human being.
>>
Melonhead has always been more lenient with nu-metal than with hard rock.
>>
It's really mediocre. At least "bad" music can be amusing. Save yourself the bandwidth and skip this one. 4/10 was perfectly apt
>>
>>72817440
so keep loving it. turn that frown upside down ya fuck. don't let the melon control you.
>>
>>72817375
i like fantano but people take his shit too seriously god damn
>>
>>72822289
trooth
>>
I liked all the tracks except for the three singles and thought that Styles did a really fantastic job channeling the 70s rock tone.

I gave it a 7/10 in a thread the other day; I would maybe drop it to a 6.5 considering it's fairly forgettable.
>>
>>72819109
>like someone said "what does a good rock song sound like" and somehow came up with "modern hard rock trash" as an answer.

Only Angel sounds nothing like "modern hard rock", reevaluate your ears
>>
>>72819109
More like, 1.5 / 2
>>
>>72817375
I told you it was shit, from the very beginning
>>
>>72821049
It's just shills who are saying this is good.
>>
>>72817399
this guy is really cool fellas
>>
i'll never understand why this board cares so much for his opinions
>>
>>72823689
Because he literally started on /mu/
Newfag fuck off
>>
>>72824189
>Because he literally started on /mu/
and this is a necessary and sufficient merit?
>>
>>72824302
It means he's literally /ourguy/
you can dislike him all you want, but that doesn't change anything. or are you just jealous he was a NEET /mu/tard like us who now has 1 million subs and is the voice of music criticism on the internet?
>>
6/10 I didn't really like sign of the times but Carolina was good
>>
>>72822289
Thirded.
>>
>>72817375
Accurate

I'd maybe give it a 5 to be nice, as most of the tracks barely scrape my surface level of "good" but there were a couple I actually enjoyed, like (surprise!) the lead track and the one after it
>>
>>72817375
Have never liked One Direction, cheesy lyrics and i cant fucking stand the fan girling of boy bands. Just started listening to this, and i almost hate myself because i love it, will give it a number out of 10 once I've finished it but so far it's looking like a strong 7
>>
>>72822289
fourthed
>>
>>72819109
I pretty much agree with everything here. Only I'd give it a strong 6/10
>>
>>72824438
Ok Anthony calm down a bit
>>
>>72825790
UPDATE

Have listened to the entire album now in full and must say, 6/10 it goes alright. Lyrics do need some work though i can understand that.
>>
>>72817399
/mu/ in one person
>>
The music felt kinda dated in a lot of songs for me. Didn't sound "modern" enough.

To each his own.
>>
Even Sign of the Times feels generic as hell to me, I don't understand the praise for it.
>>
Lel, the rym rating dropped by .11 since the review came out.
>>
>Harry styles
What is this shit
we truly are tumblr now
>>
>>72817375
Wew

I gave the thing a 3/10 for being boring. It has some good musicianship but competence =/= quality.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.