[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How important is knowing the lyrics to appreciating music? Do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 2016-06-28-image-7.jpg (243KB, 1024x617px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-28-image-7.jpg
243KB, 1024x617px
How important is knowing the lyrics to appreciating music? Do you pay attention to the lyrics on first listen or look up the lyrics when they aren't distinguishable? Or do you like music more when you just treat the vocals as an instrument?
>>
>>72812569
I usually just listen to album on my first listen and continue doing that till I feel like the album is worth paying attention to. Then I read the lyrics and try to understand them. It's a terrible method, but I'm use to it.
>>
>>72812569
What did the man responsible for this picture mean by using fucking She Loves You, of all things?
>>
>>72812837
He wanted to let you know that she loves you
>>
>>72812569
I don't listen to music that has lyrics.
>>
I usually don't pay much attention to the lyrics. If I like an album a lot I might look up the lyrics later and see what they're about, though.
>>
>>72812569
If the lyrics are bad I can not enjoy it. If the music is bad I can not enjoy it.
I don't prioritize one over the other. If I am not focused enough to understand the lyrics I am not focused enough to judge the music.
>>
>lyrics
>music
hmmmmmmmm
>>
>>72813572
same. If I wanted to listen to a meaningful text I'd listen to an audiobook. Personally I never listen to lyrics in a song
>>
>>72813695
Why don't you just listen to instrumental music then? You cannot not listen to lyrics that are spoken right into your ear.
>>
>>72813695
Lyrics are by and large pretty useless (rap excluded). It's more interesting to pay attention to the vocals and listen to how the singer is phrasing the melody etc
>>
>>72813427
please tell me more about this music. I also do not listen do lyricmusic except countr/western david alla coe
>>
>>72813766
>Lyrics are by and large pretty useless (rap excluded)
This just means that your favourite musicians are shitty lyricists and have nothing interesting to say.
>>
>>72813722
because the voice is a beautiful instrument, and I can very easily just not pay attention to what words are spoken
>>72813766
yes
>>
>>72812569
>How important is knowing the lyrics to appreciating music?
It is very important in appreciating songs, as it is half of the material, music being the other half.

If you ignore the lyrics, you are not listening to songs correctly.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.