[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You now remember Franz Ferdinand were a thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: alex-kapranos-11-05-12.jpg (27KB, 660x536px) Image search: [Google]
alex-kapranos-11-05-12.jpg
27KB, 660x536px
You now remember Franz Ferdinand were a thing
>>
Take me out is still a banger
>>
File: Broasis.jpg (62KB, 690x688px) Image search: [Google]
Broasis.jpg
62KB, 690x688px
Franz have always been pretty good though
Now, if you want some forgotten NMEcore, who here remembers Viva Brother?
>>
they have a really solid discography, i still listen to a lot of their stuff from time to time.
pretty great straightforward rock band, they do what they do and they go it good. nice b-sides too
FFS was a great collab album too, loads of fun
>>
File: demagogue.jpg (175KB, 800x724px) Image search: [Google]
demagogue.jpg
175KB, 800x724px
They're alright, but I wish they had stayed out of politics.
>>
ONE
SONG
>>
I still remember them, they were easily the best band out of the British indie rock wave
They release new album like every 4 years now
>>
>>72811371
JFC why

is this the new gay rights
>>
>>72811277

Always hated the video tho

>>72811463

> You now remember the Arctic Monkeys haven't released anything in 4 years
>>
>>72812264
they're releasing something this year aren't they?
>>
2000- 2009: nu metal, pop punk, emo, garage rock reival, really bad unhip stuff like nickleback, god smack, drowning pool, incubus, linken park, maroon5, coldplay, hoobastank. som britsh stuff like arctic monkeys, klaxons, franz fernaznind, the vines, gorrilaz,

2010-2012: indie hipster shit, lcd soundsytem, death cab for cutie, animal collective, vampire weekend, things wer very "quirky", posthardcore? metalcore?

2012-2017: poptamism ruins all music, world turns into a stagnant wasteland of niggers, pop sluts, and EDM. There is a lack of balance in the world and people are angry and tribalistic.
>>
>>72812308
I think they're in the studio at the minute, though it could be next year
Are Arctic Monkeys albums something that get discussed here when they're released or are they too normie for here?
>>
>>72812308
>>72812321

NME said no sooner than mid 2017..
>>
>>72812321
I don't think is anything too normie to be discussed these days. I've seen Linkin Park threads in the last few weeks.
>>
RUBY RUBY RUBY RUBY
>>
>>72812319
Nu-metal and post-grunge were both definitely on their way out/more or less dead by 2003 besides a few exceptions.

Death Cab's relevant albums were also before 2010, that was the point where they were getting into irrelevancy.
>>
they did a pretty cool cover of Grimes's Oblivion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsJ67kzU8G0
>>
File: 1438005873727.gif (309KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1438005873727.gif
309KB, 720x405px
all their albums are really solid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMfjROpKCnw
>>
People didn't seem to care for Right Thougths, Right Words, Right Action and I love that album.
>>
>>72813487

They didn't? Because it went top 10 in the US/UK + most are the reviews are pretty favorable
>>
File: folder.jpg (139KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
139KB, 630x630px
>>72813487
Too safe after they went all trippy synths experimentation on Tonight with great results (Lucid Dreams is my jam). Their collab album with Sparks was great though, great pop hooks and snarky songs.
>>
>>72813773
>>72813487
Franz are just generally bloody great, I rediscovered them when FFS came out and I don't think they have any bad albums. 'Stand on the Horizon' is an absolute belter
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.