[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/australia/ general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

I know you're all up.
>>
>>72810241
Honestly I'm kinda disappointed by a lot of the new Aussie releases this year. The Drones, The Avalanches, King Giz, and Camp Cope all released sick albums last year but there hasn't really been anything quite as good in 2k17.

Have I missed anything? Does anybody have any Aussie recs? I always like to have a few on my AOTY list at the end of every year.
>>
File: tumblr_og2fixjUW51r8009bo1_1280.jpg (1MB, 1280x1148px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_og2fixjUW51r8009bo1_1280.jpg
1MB, 1280x1148px
anybody listened to this?
>>
>>72810316
Nah, any good? Not always a fan of Aussie hip hop but I like surprises.
>>
>>72810336
I like it a lot
>>
>>72810343
Sweet, I'll give it a listen then. Did you like Koi Child?
>>
i wanna break into the underground aus scene but idk how. been gigging and playing with different bands for a few years. one of my band's song's was played on unearthed the other day apparently. that's as far as i've gotten ahaha.
>>
where you at and what stuff do you play senpai?
>>
>>72810394
What city are you in? Got a bandcamp link for your band or something?
>>
>>72810408
>>72810394
meant for this anon
>>
>>72810394
Be different (this is maybe the most important thing, especially if you're a band), support local scenes, be extra nice to everybody be you meet along the way.
>>
File: cover.jpg (165KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
165KB, 700x700px
from the top of my head this is the only australian band i listen to

where do i go from here?
>>
>>72810316
Yeah it's p good. I liked Brothers Hand Mirror a bit more. Ever catch them live? It's a treat
>>
>>72810241
strict face is garbo
>>
>>72810433
The OP chart.
>>
>>72810414
>>72810408
i'm a melb boy. i write for 2 bands atm and sing for one. play drums in another band though. thinking of starting somewhat of a collective of a few of my friend's bands (we like similar stuff and usually record / jam together anyway)

this is the band i sing in - it's a 9 piece folk/ noisey rock lofi band idek. we released an album yesterday
https://mouseatouille.bandcamp.com/album/fill-the-bathtubs-turn-off-the-lights-and-brace-for-the-new-millennium

i play guitar / drums / bass / whatever else for this band - more reverby lofi. softer.
https://soundcloud.com/owlinmytree

this is my friend's project that i am really in love with - lofi, sound collage aspects, really interesting production.
https://wilfred.bandcamp.com/album/i-want-to-die-the-outside-world-scares-me

mainly i really want to get the mouseatouille album out there or at the very least, get feedback on it. it's our first ever album. pic is of a mouse gig.
>>
>>72810450
Also listen to:
Jen Cloher
Jordan Rakei
Adam Page
The Cactus Channel
The Manikins
Camp Cope
The Bennies
>>
>>72810496
Even if I saw this pic with no context, I'd know that it was taken in Melbourne because of how everybody is dressed.
>>
>>72810541
ahaha mous here. agree but i have that 'if u can't beat em, join em' mentality ; )
>>
>>72810541
Yeah t-shirts and jeans. Outrageous! Maybe they should stop wearing colours and finally move up to normie Brisbane.
>>
>>72810562
I kid, I kid. I'm from Adelaide, it's our job to keep you humble. Liking the music though, the lo-fi sound is a good fit.
>>
>>72810448
Why is that, friend?
>>
>>72810581
ahaha adelaide is a lovely place : ) what's the music scene like over there? glad you like the music.
>>
>>72810609
The music scene is... fine? A lot of punk floating around the place, not all of it great desu. But if you want a bit of a taster of what it's like over here google 'Day of Clarity Adelaide' and check out the bands on their line-up. Pretty good sample of the bands hanging around here.
>>
>>72810637
ahaha true. i'll look into them : ) cheers
>>
>>72810496
intro and lizard in a suit are decent if you ask me
>>
>>72810721
thanks! glad you like it : )
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.