[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tarkus is the best composition ever written

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Tarkus is the best composition ever written
>>
Probably bait, but it's legitimately a top-tier prog epic.
>>
>>72809240
Not bait at all

It is a perfect fusion of classical and rock. It's influence will echo throughout the musical world for eternity
>>
More like... Dad-rkus.

Lol.
>>
Fell asleep listening to it the first time. I need to give it another shot
>>
>>72809224
It's a good album but there's a reason it isn't heralded as the best prog album ever and it is obviously not due to obscurity. It's good, but not the best.
>>
>>72809224
Its the definition of prog wankery, it's this kind of shit that makes people think of prog as a fedora genre
>entry level classical is so sophisticated and patrician, lets add some shitty lyrics and bad solos
>>
Tarkus is the only good song on that album, the rest is fucking mediocre.

The song tarkus is pretty godlike if you're into that kind of prog tho
>>
>>72810719
Dude calm down : Birches crystal. The only way .infite space . A time and a place . There is more gold in this disc. No only tarkus is a good song
>>
>>72810534
Prog wankery? Tarkus? Really? I mean, ELP is guilty of being bombastic and ridiculous on purpose, but that song is one of the best they've ever made. As for other prog rock epics, I would recommend - Nine Feet Underground, Thick as a Brick, Supper's Ready, Poseidon's Creation, Facelift, Slightly All The Time.
>>
>>72810819
As far as disappointing and downright bad and uninspired prog goes - Egg. Weak songwriting and not a single memorable composition.
>>
>>72810819
Are you 16? that was exactly my taste back then, I think one of my first threads here was back in '09 or '10 asking for recs based on some of those albums
>>
>>72809224
The Only Way/Infinite Space combo is pretty fucking amazing.
>>
>>72810866
I'm not. I listened to metal almost exclusively at 16. But then again, I'm probably expecting too much from a person who uses the term "wankery" unironically.
>>
THE WEAVER
IN THE WEB
THAT HE MADE
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.