[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kendrick Lamar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Is Kendrick pushing the "black people will rise, we wuz kangz & black people r victims" agenda?

Really like the To Pimp A Butterfly album, although Mortal Man for example had a long ass dialogue about black people rising etc

Kinda fucks the mood bc I really like Kendrick, but everytime I listen to his music, all I hear is "we wuz kangz"

or am I completely wrong and just misunderstand the lyrics?
>>
r'ing that kill white people lyric meme
>>
>>72805579
Read the last fucking verse of The Blacker the Berry you absolute retard

He is criticizing "woke" black people who don't recognize the harm they cause their own community

It's the opposite of the shit you're bitching about

Also there is nothing wrong with him talking about how black people have had it rough, because the fact is they have. It hasn't been as bad recently, but you're downright braindead if you argue that they had it good before the '80s and that they were doing well before the '00s
>>
>>72805579
Have you even listened to Blacker the Berry?
>>
File: 1493485770313.jpg (25KB, 584x584px) Image search: [Google]
1493485770313.jpg
25KB, 584x584px
>>72805579
>I really like Kendrick, but everytime I listen to his music, all I hear is "we wuz kangz"
so basically that's what you want to hear. are you retarded?
>>
It's funny how Zulu and Xhosa might go to war
Two tribal armies that want to build and destroy
Remind me of these Compton Crip gangs that live next door
Beefin' with Piru's, only death settle the score
So don't matter how much I say I like to preach with the Panthers
Or tell Georgia State "Marcus Garvey got all the answers"
Or try to celebrate February like it's my B-Day
Or eat watermelon, chicken, and Kool-Aid on weekdays
Or jump high enough to get Michael Jordan endorsements
Or watch BET cause urban support is important
So why did I weep when Trayvon Martin was in the street?
When gang banging make me kill a nigga blacker than me?
Hypocrite!
>>
>>72805635
>
Totally forgot about that song, even thought "hey looks like hes not one of those nigs after all"

im literally just a waste of space
>>
>>72805579
get the fuck off the board if you're this dense
>>
>>72805630
>>72805691
If you think the last line means he didn't mean anything he said in the first two verses, or that his militant black fans feel a lot of what he was saying in those two verses, then idunno man, it seems really obvious.
>>
He makes music for his people and not for your alt-right ass
>>
>>72806729
it seems like you lost your sentence halfway through

what's your point?
>>
>>72806803
Just because he criticized himself and the black community in his last line doesn't mean "black as the heart of a fuckin aryan" isn't racist and cringey as fuck.
>>
>>72806839
racist to aryans? i don't think they're a race

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryan

but i get what you're saying, that him criticizing himself doesn't absolve him of some of the crap earlier in the song
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.