[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mourning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: 233324.jpg (30KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
233324.jpg
30KB, 316x316px
Hey, guys... Today my dad died and I've been listening to this all afternoon. Can you suggest some good songs and albuns about grief? I think that music can help me through this painful work of mourning that I'm beggining...
>>
bump for help
>>
>>72799514
I'm truly sorry, anon. Have you checked out A crow looked at me? People say it's top tier mourning, but don't know if you will dig it.
We don't have each other by Aaron West is an album that deals with a divorce and death of a father.
I can't think of music good for this, but I hope you're okay, anon. My best of wishes.
>>
>>72799514
give us details.

specifics.
>>
File: Nothing - Tired of Tomorrow.jpg (113KB, 309x319px) Image search: [Google]
Nothing - Tired of Tomorrow.jpg
113KB, 309x319px
>>72799514
>>
>>72799514
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZm1pzgSfLk

this seems quite fitting. if not only for the story arc.
>>
>>72800811

He had a cardiac arrest and he was dealing with this problem for 20 years (he had a bypass since 2006/7). I've been dealing with this grief for the last 15 years, expecting that at any moment he could die. So, I've been doing this work of mourning for a long long time. I feel a bit umb, really. Tomorrow I'm going to the funeral with my mother, sister and brother.

As I live in a small village, I supose it's going to be pretty hard, with all the locals trying to give us condolences. Tonight, I just wanna grief privately, listening to some good music where I can reflect upon.

Thank you all for your help.
>>
Sorry for your loss, anon. This album contains a wide range of emotions, some of them may help you

https://rhythmplex.bandcamp.com/album/ensemble
>>
>>72800799
A crow is so personal, using it to mourn somebody else just wouldnt feel right
>>
I unfortunately don't have anything to offer you OP, but I want you to know that I am truly sorry for your loss. Death is very difficult to deal with, especially when someone so close to you passes; I hope you can one day find closure and peace with his passing.
>>
Touche Amore's new album deals pretty heavily with loss of a parent - I definitely recommend. Also, A Crow Looked At Me by Mount Eerie for sure.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
>>
>>72799514
I am very sorry for your loss

when I lost my dad a year ago, I wasn't able to listen to any music for a while, but an album that I found particularly helpful was blackstar by david bowie

oh I'll be free, just like that bluebird

again, I wish you the best anon
>>
>>72799514
Listen " He woke me up again " and all that album of Sufjan Stevens
This song always makes me remember my father and that one day I will not be able to see him. Sorry for your loss
>>
>>72800972
>bypass
>confirmed amerifat

lol

i recommend "Eat It" by Al Yankovic
>>
>>72800799
>>72800850
>>72800852
>>72801199
>>72801451
>>72801380
>>72801664
>>72802502

Thank you all for these great suggestions, guys! I see that most of you really like ACLAM. For me, it was really difficult to enter the atmosphere... Probably because I'm searching for more dark songs, I Don't know. It's a bit difficult to find redemption in the last few weeks.

>>72802537

Actually, I think that laughing is a great way to accomplish some redemption. Seriousness must be counterbalanced with some laughter. So thank you too, anon!
>>
>>72802718
If you're looking for darkish straight up depressing music you could always go for slowcore. Don't know if I reccomend it that much tho, seems more depressing than cathartic a lot of times, but whatever works for you anon.
Already said this, but I wish you the best, anon.
>>
File: hospice.jpg (1MB, 2400x2154px) Image search: [Google]
hospice.jpg
1MB, 2400x2154px
Hospice was always there for me in my depression
>>
John Frusciante - Untitled #8 . and all the niandra album
I do not know why but this song transports me to the darkest place of my void and I can smile.
>>
File: I Could Live In Hope.jpg (85KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
I Could Live In Hope.jpg
85KB, 700x700px
Tough stuff man.
>>
File: 1493931956102.png (367KB, 716x401px) Image search: [Google]
1493931956102.png
367KB, 716x401px
>>72802537
Rude

I hope your dads ceremony goes well op
>>
File: Timber_Timbre.Creep_On.jpg (52KB, 340x318px) Image search: [Google]
Timber_Timbre.Creep_On.jpg
52KB, 340x318px
Timber Timbre - Creep on Creeping on

A slow, moody, folky, bluesy album about romantic obsession. Not necessarily grieving music, but it helped me in some rough times.
>>
>>72799514
How's It Gonna End - Tom Waits
Light Leaves - WHY?
Goodbye, Dear Friend - Deer Tick
Your Deep Rest- The Hotelier
Come On Up to the House - Tom Waits
Ending (Ascent) - Brian Eno
In Dreams - Roy Orbison
Never Went to Church - The Streets
Keep Me In Your Heart - Warren Zevon
Let The Mystery Be - Iris Dement
Death Is Not The End - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
Avril 14th - Aphex Twin
>>
I'm sorry for your loss. When I was going through tough times, I would listen to The Beatles. They were my first favorite band, and it was like comfort food. Lots of love and luck to you, it sounds like you're in a lot of pain about losing him.
>>
>>72803972
This is not the appropiate thread to do so, but if it were another one I would've replied with the lyrics of your deep rest's chorus in all caps.
Seems like a nice list, anon.
>>
File: anathema.jpg (78KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
anathema.jpg
78KB, 600x601px
>>
>>72799514
Anistat commander by Xiu Xiu fits perfectly with your state of mind right now, seeing as how it's about a fathers death
>>
I hope you get better, OP. You have been really great so far in the thread.
>>
>>72804429
Bro that shit is so heavy. I used to not be able to listen to that song it made me so depressive.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.