[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elliott Smith

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 141007-elliott-smith.jpg (257KB, 820x546px) Image search: [Google]
141007-elliott-smith.jpg
257KB, 820x546px
opinions on elliott smith?

I threw together a cartoon with a demo of his, if you're into him you should check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC6xv5ewMcg
>>
I think it's funny how obviously he was murdered. Kurt Cobain probably committed suicide and is constantly discussed as a murder. Elliott Smith couldn't have been more obviously offed and is universally accepted as a suicide.
>>
>>72790205

Yeah I mean

>According to Chiba, the two were arguing,[39] and she locked herself in the bathroom to take a shower.
>Chiba heard him scream and upon opening the door saw Smith standing with a knife in his chest. She pulled the knife out, after which he collapsed and she called 9-1-1.
>The coroner reported that no traces of illegal substances or alcohol were found in Smith's system at the time of his death
>There were no hesitation wounds, which are typical of suicide by self-infliction.
>However, the authorities do not seem to be investigating the case further.
>On July 30, 2004, Chiba filed a lawsuit against the Smith family for 15% of his earnings (over $1 million), claiming that she and Smith lived as "husband and wife", that the singer pledged to take care of her financially for the rest of her life, and that she worked as his manager and agent from around 2000 until his death.

That is some shit.
>>
>>72790205
he was pretty obviously murdered, it sucks. I think its nuts how criminally under appreciated he is. his discography is insane
>>
>>72790263

Adding to this, who the fuck even kills himself by stabbing his own heart, multiple fucking times, without hesitation?? It's fucking insane just to think about
>>
>>72790263
Also, he apparently stabbed himself twice. So he stuck the knife in fully, thought "that's not gonna do it - ow, though!", took it out, and stabbed a second time. How the fuck did anyone buy it?
>>
>>72790287
>>72790342
Snap - took me too long to phrase.
>>
I mean aside from his death - which is really fucked up - do you guys appreciate his musical ability? I feel like most people who are really into music are just astounded by both his insane sense of melody/technical guitar ability and his overtly introspective/self-aware lyrics.

and fuck was he great live https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aiZ0MHss2k
>>
>>72790342

>How the fuck did anyone buy it?
I'm guessing she paid someone a lot of money, which explains the part where she had to sue the family. Literally no other fucking reason that bitch shouldn't be in jail, all evidence points to her being guilty, including goddamn fingerprints on the murder weapon.
>>
>>72790377
Oh absolutely, he was superb.
>>
>>72790377

I like him a lot but I've never thought of him as an actual genius or anything like that. He's got some great tunes, but then you have artists like MarKoz who just runs circles around him in all areas but didn't die early enough to become legendary.
>>
>>72790436
can't say I've ever heard of MarKoz. if Elliott isn't a genius, then this guy must be spectacular. can you link me something of his?
>>
>>72790377
>great live
Ehh... Maybe he was when he was relatively sober but apparently his later shows were terrible because of his drug use.

I think the guy was a great pop songwriter with really great understanding of chords/melodies similar to a lot of 60s music but with really interesting and personal lyrics. Although I would be hesitant to say he ever reached the higher echelon of singer-songwriter albums like SKM's Benji but then again Smith was definitely more of a pop artist than folk
>>
>>72790608
He means Mark Kozalek of Sun Kil Moon and Red House Painters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvNAHBI1V4o
>>
>>72790608

Come on, man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTGAbcP90nQ

Just to clarify I'm not claiming he's a genius either, and I wouldn't want to turn this into a dumb competition because I love both. I was just using an example to make a point that a lot of the "genius" praise some artists get comes from them living the tortured genius lifestyle and tragedy.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.