[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on CHON?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 81I0hU5kq8L._SL1425_.jpg (496KB, 1425x1425px) Image search: [Google]
81I0hU5kq8L._SL1425_.jpg
496KB, 1425x1425px
Opinions on CHON?
>>
Essential every-song-sounds-the-same-core. Not bad at what they do.
>>
>>72780255
haha, nah dawg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aSX_hYpVXg

no FX just shredding
>>
>>72780191
solid musicians. newborn sun will never not be great
>>
>>72780255
This is pretty much the problem with any band that is math or math-ish. They usually don't have to worry about sounding interesting or pleasing, but they have huge problems with memorability.
>>
>>72780255
I agree with you, and there is a few good songs that i like.
Always felt that they just fuck around in guitars writing cool sounding 10-20 seconds riffs and passages, repeat them a few times, and then just mash them together to make a full song.
Their work always sounded really disconnected and pointless in a way.
>>
Love Chon, but I'm kind of worried that the new album is going to lack energy. Newborn Sun was what they did best, and I wish that they would make the music a little bit more aggressive again.
>>
>>72780454
their work is high octane and loaded with great riffs. It's not traditional verse chorus verse shit, is what you're saying, and that's what makes it good. Very beautiful passages and clean, excellent musicianship. A slightly below par drummer doesn't take much away from the creative rhythmicity of their music and the fantastic guitar pairing.

The only thing I'd take away from them is the ~3 or so songs where they include a vocalist. Stop doing that guise
>>
>>72780484
Have you heard their demo? I think that was them at their best, they could use a bit more metal in them and not worry about sounding so tidy.

gonna go see them in June hyped AF
>>
>>72780191
I like them. Their sound is different from most of their peers and they are, on the whole, good musicians.
>>
I like older chon a lot of it sounds the same
>>
File: 1491585596806.gif (1MB, 392x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491585596806.gif
1MB, 392x400px
>>72780191
VERY GOOD
>>
>>72780516
The bass player did vocals on those songs and left, one of the guitarists does the vocals live but is not very good. So I doubt there will be vocals on the new one unless they have a guest vocalist on a track.
>>
>>72780516
I enjoy it a lot too, but its just a bit aimless for me, there's hardly a theme, concept or any musical idea in general being explored.

Riff after riff, a lot of the timea the music just changes to something almost completelly unrelated to what i heard the passage before.

They are excellent musicians, i wish they had a better song structure and actually got somewhere with their music besides just making cool sounds.
>>
>>72780748
I get what you're saying. I think their riffs are almost always harmonically well positioned. It's fast stuff without feeling schismatic, and if anything, they might be holding back on what they can do in that respect.

All the songs are quick and they're not the type to dive into long riffs, which may be what you're looking for. It's just not that type of music
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.