[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mu/'s thought on Elliott Smith?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: ElliottSmithMain-970x545.jpg (188KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
ElliottSmithMain-970x545.jpg
188KB, 970x545px
/mu/'s thought on Elliott Smith?
>>
murdered, first 3 albums are god tier
>>
One of the best.
>>
>>72777512
I wish I had the balls to kill myself like he did

Never wrote a bad song
>>
>>72777512
Love him.

RIP in peace.
>>
>>72777777
>>
Is Elliott considered /mu/core or is he to mainstream for that?
>>
>>72777622
/mu/ core
>>
>>72777622
Pretty sure the album in the OP is on the essential /mu/core chart, isn't it?
>>
https://mega.nz/#!SIJkiYbA!b9Le_e-pzOVDK-PqpoccwpJBNG4s6m0usF21fjtcNDw

rarities for yall
>>
File: ElliottSmith3.jpg (141KB, 600x768px) Image search: [Google]
ElliottSmith3.jpg
141KB, 600x768px
Great artist with a very strong and enjoyable discography.
>>
Get for Elliott
>>
I'm gonna get really drunk and throw myself off a cliff in honor of him. And because I want to die

Never made a bad album, wrote Beatlesque songs with a folk punk edge, serious lyrical talent
>>
>>72777731
jumped the gun mate
>>
>>72777747
That was just practice. Now get for Elliott
>>
>>72777685
Thanks anon
>>
I wonder who got >72777777
>>
>>72777622
He was never really mainstream. His stint on Goodwill Hunting was the closest he ever got. His performance at the Oscars is hard to watch. You can tell he doesn't want to be there and sticks out like a sore thumb.
>>
>>72777840
Kpop faggots. Don't give them attention.
>>
>>72777840
k poop
>>
every album is amazing. my least favorite is figure 8. from a basement on the hill is probably my favorite tied with self titled
>>
>>72777969
>from a basement on the hill is probably my favorite
Fucking thank you! I feel like everyone rips on it but it has some of his most haunting lyrics ever. Have you listened to some of the songs that were left off of that record like Abused, Stickman, See You In Heaven? I wish he could have finished the damn album, it would have been his best.
>>
>>72777969
>>72778059
I love From A Basement, I thought everyone did.
>>
I like how they forgot to put his right hand through the ol black and white filter
>>
>>72778210
Wtf I hate Elliott Smith now
>>
>>72777512
Oh, Elliott. Are things really that bad?
>>
>>72778280
I wish nothing but torture on the numale cunt who wrote that review.
>>
>>72778280
I'm a former heroin addict and yeah, it gets pretty bad.
>>
>>72778305
IIRC the reviewer is the founder of Pitchfork, too
>tfw you realize Elliott Smith killed himself solely because of that one review
>>
>>72778380
Damn, that's brutal. It's not like Pitchfork was relevant back then, though.
>>
>>72777743
Why not try and make ur own album before you die, you dont have a better thing to do
>>
One of the few musicians that I really wish I could befriend. Love his sound, and lyrical talent is god-tier
>>
>>72777512
Never wrote a bad song.

One hell of songwriter, played all of the instruments on his albums and produced them, though he did get help with mixing in his later years.
>>
>>72778380
>tfw you realize Elliott Smith killed himself solely because of that one review
That's bullshit, he didn't read his reviews.
>>
Fucking brilliant. Poured his heart out into his music.
>>
>>72777512
the girlfriend or someone else did it, you can't stab yourself that many times from that angle
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.