[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you start working to fix your gf/bf's pleb taste, anons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 2541.jpg (89KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
2541.jpg
89KB, 750x500px
>have a gf somehow
>Listens to basically nothing but The Wombats and the three most popular Foo Fighters tracks
>Try to play VU/Lou Reed: "How can you listen to this when his voice sounds like that?"
>Try to play Silver Mt. Zion: Same response + "Why is it so long?"
>Not even going to try Godspeed You!
>>
Don't worry about it.
>>
don't start a foo fighter pleb off on lou reed and silver mt zion...
>>
There comes in time in your life when you just have to recognize your an elitist and that people won't like the same music as you. I mean do you really wanna convert your gf into Godspeed You! fan? Whether she just pretends to like it or not she will just say pleb stuff about the music anyway. What do you expect anon?
>>
>>72776026
>>72777090
Even I know I'm an elitist in a not-so-good way, but still, who on /mu/ doesn't like the idea of being able to sit and listen through their favorite albums with their SO who feels the same way about it that they do? Music taste isn't a massive deal for me, and ik I probably won't end up having her like much that I enjoy, like I'm not going to lose sleep over it, but a guy can dream, right?

>>72776053
Yeah, I know I should probably slowly ramp it up to that point. I just need to get the right progression figured out.
>>
>>72775987
You have to make sure to offer context before you make them listen to the band. Try and remember the bands you listened to first when you got into music. Compare your level of autism with your couple's to try and figure out what they would like.
>>
>>72775987
>having a gf/bf
>ever
Get the fuck out.
>>
>>72775987
*fix*
you sound possessive ffs.
>>
you don't. should have thought about that before you started dating her. even if she makes the effort to try and listen to some music of your taste, it will be just to please you.
>>
>>72777551
Calm down sir.
>>
>tfw no gf with shitty taste in music
>>
By slowly exposing her to more left-field shit that still had similiarities with the shit she was already listening to and not just going full retard and immediately trying to force her into listening to industrial or black metal or whatever.
She liked Oasis and The Smiths when I met her, so I suggested she check out the Happy Mondays and The Go-Betweens.
She got into those bands, so I suggested she check out The Jesus & Mary Chain and Siousie & The Banshees next and so on.
Now I can have pretty decent discussions about pop music with her and occasionally even drag her along to concerts of bands which I know she probably won't like, it's pretty nice.
>>
Ease them in. Get them deeper to Foo Fighters, move on to Coldplay or Muse or something and from there you can go to babby's first experimental band: Radiohead. Start playing OK Computer, and if she's cool with that, try out Kid A. If that works then you've got her, try anything and it should work. Sorry if it doesn't work and you realise you've had to listen to Muse, Coldplay and Foo Fighters.
>>
Find a new girlfriend? There are plenty of girls who like the music you do
>>
>>72777440
>>72778021
>>72778348
Good advice, cheers!

Yeah, I realize I was stupid not to start with gradual change to begin with.
>>
Idk about the rest of you guys but I'm really weird about my favorite albums like in a weird obsessive way. I don't want my friends, family, girlfriend, anyone I'm close to listening to the same stuff as me because it ruins it for me in a way. They either think I'm weird for the stuff I listen to or they try to get into it and then flaunt it like they are cool for listening to something different. It makes me a shittier person and I hate it. I wish I was a pleb sometimes
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.