[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is skrillex still relevant?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

>>
He hasn't been in like half a decade.
>>
dubstep had its peak from around 2012 to 2014 i guess.
Then he produced some albums for biber.
Then he quit being a dj and went back to his rock band for some raisan, maybe realized EDM is on the verge of death, maybe missed rock.
>>
if you feel the need to ask the question, you probably know the answer
>>
>>72771338
what rock band? link?
>>
File: from-first-to-last.png (367KB, 800x552px) Image search: [Google]
from-first-to-last.png
367KB, 800x552px
>>72771380
He was in a real shitty and generic (even by rock standards)post hardcore band called from first to last before he put on the mask and became skrilho

You know the type, the white teen boy who still has an emo cut in 2017 and wears jeans and all the band members look the same and they have the "scene" and all the bands are called noun the verb and they somehow function even though they get no airplay or cultural relevancy beyond maybe some girl in the midwest who buys their merch at hot topic
>>
>>72771436
also fuck, that dude in the back is wearing a burzum shirt, im loling
>>
>>72771452
Holy shit he is. Skrillex confirmed for white nationalist.
>>
>>72771436
>beyond maybe some girl in the midwest who buys their merch at hot topic

I think you shouldn't underestimate the size and financial backing of that target demographic
>>
File: srkilly.png (316KB, 640x324px) Image search: [Google]
srkilly.png
316KB, 640x324px
>>72771500
yeah, these post hardcore bands exists and keep existing and they are falling out of trees, and they get no radio airplay and people never talk about them, and even rock fans think they are garbage, and they survive somehow on teen girls who finger themselves too much
>>
>>72771546
Basically the kpop business model.
>>
>>72771302
Sadly, but his label has been pretty good as of late
>>
File: baba just.jpg (12KB, 487x432px) Image search: [Google]
baba just.jpg
12KB, 487x432px
reading the wiki page its sad what happened to post hardcore, went from big black and fugazi to pierce the veil and from first to last

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-hardcore

The most JUST music genre
>>
Make It Bun Dem was a banger desu
>>
>>72771651
At least Bear Vs Shark did some reunion shows.
>>
>>72771481
Or just pro-murder
>>
>>72771672
The remixes were garbage. Only two were good
>>
>>72771831
I honestly kind of believe him it was self defense. The church burnings not so much.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.