[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've loved music for a long time and have been playing piano

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: tfw.jpg (3KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
3KB, 183x275px
I've loved music for a long time and have been playing piano since I was 6. I could never get the coordination between my left and right hands down. I tried guitar but couldn't get fretting down, and my drumset is a piece of shit. I can write music, but I just can't play it very well. Should I just give up? Is it too late to get talented?
>>
>>72766353
Record each hand seperately for demos, then get someone in to play for you during gigs.
>>
try more instruments.

look into brass, woodwinds and maybe bass
>>
>>72766353
Did you take guitar lessons?
>>
>>72766368
this, don't worry anon
>>
if you can right songs, then have someone play for you! even though you might not be able to perform songs with two hands you can still come up with two handed melodies for someone to play. dont give up!
>>
>>72766397
for a bit, but it was hard because teacher was righty and i'm lefty
>>
>>72766416
That could actually make it easier because of the mirror image. How long is a bit?
>>
>>72766461
couple months
>>
>>72766492
Uh oh. Once a week I assume? Why didn't you find the mirror image helpful? Thats surprising although I don't remember if I've had any experience.
>>
>>72766568
i knew chord positioning and all that it just felt off every time i tried fretting
>>
>>72766724
You mean you knew the chords but it felt off when you played them? Or does fretting mean something else? Im not sure Ive heard that term before.
>>
>>72766770
yeah that
>>
>>72766790
What kind of guitar? Electric, acoustic or classical?
>>
>>72766802
acoustic
>>
>>72766353
It sounds like you're not practicing or trying hard enough. Especially if you've given up on guitar because you "couldn't get fretting down," whatever that means. Everyone sucks at instruments at first, you just have to keep at it and eventually you will get better. Fucking idiots can learn to play guitars decently, I'm sure you will have the ability to do so.
>>
>>72766904
Well that's actually by far the easiest to have the action too high which makes it harder to press the strings down. Did your teacher ever talk to you about that? You might be able to take it to a store and have it adjusted. I've always insisted that acoustic is the worst guitar for beginners.
>>
>>72766353
>Should I just give up? Is it too late to get talented?
Depends. How old are you? If you're over 25, yeah, it's too late.
>>
>>72766353
>what is a DAW
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.