[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So who made the better album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: Pepper Sounds.jpg (2MB, 2560x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Pepper Sounds.jpg
2MB, 2560x2560px
So who made the better album?
>>
>>72754254
me
/thread
>>
>>72754254
The Beach Boys
>>
The Beatles
>>
>>72754254
pet sounds: 1966. sgt pepper: 1967. different year, different musical context, different genres. switch sgt pepper with revolver and still the beatles made a better album
>>
OG smile is better then both
>>
pet sounds is better than any other record beatles have ever released period
t. beatles fan
>>
>>72754333
But why? You can't say something like that without having a reason.
>>
>>72754309
OG Smile is great. I understand that Brian wanted to finish it, but his version isn't as good as the original.
>>
SO HOIST UP THE JOHN B SAIL
>>
>>72754254
both masterpieces but pet sounds takes the edge for me personally, but it's all opinion.
>>
>>72754367
Off yourself, the planet doesn't need people with that shitty of an opinion around
>>
>>72754254
pet sounds is definitely better
>>
>>72754254
pet sounds > sgt. pepper, and it's not even really close

revolver > pet sounds, though
>>
>>72754254
>I like Sgt Pepper much better, but I wouldn't argue with someone who believes Pet Sounds is better. Like someone else said, both genuine masterpieces.
>>
>>72758660
no
>>
Sgt Pepper in Mono beats Pet Sounds in either Mono or Stereo any day of the week.
>>
>>72754254

One directly inspired the other, and Paul apparently can't even listen to God Only Knows without breaking into tears (actual true story)

Jesus it breaks my heart that Brian might have lost so much of his gift to years of mental illness and psychological manipulation by his fuckstick sociopath therapist
>>
>>72763086
His therapist is the reason he lost his mind? I thought drugs and the idea that he can never be as good as the Beatles made him lose his shit
>>
>>72759779
who are you quoting?
>>
>>72763124

Drugs definitely made him lose his shit, don't know whether Beatles jealousy played a role, but it seems unlikely since they were influencing and complementing one another well

Landy (his therapist) did practically nothing to aid in Brian's mental health though
>>
>>72754353
Somehow Brian had such autistic attention to detail that he overcame McCartney, Emerick and Martin together
>>
>>72763198
That sucks. Including the fact that his dad was an abusive asshole and how the other members didn't support him in the music direction he was going. The guy was practically a one man band. I don't blame him losing his shit.
>>
better vote, faggots

http://www.strawpoll.me/12960224
>>
>>72763260

>dad's physical abuse made him practically deaf in one ear

I wonder if through some odd twist of fate this is what gave him such incredible attention to detail in music, it was like he was hearing things no one else could

Apparently Bob Dylan was so enamored with Brian's "ear" that he said it should be donated to the Smithsonian
>>
>>72763250

>there's a universe where Brian continued with the Beach Boys without being interrupted by schizophrenia and continued to compete with Lennon and McCartney
>we're not in it

why fucking live at this point
>>
Only songs i give a shit about on Sgt Pepper is A Little Help From my Friends, When I'm 64, the ending version of the title track, and maybe Getting Better/Fixing a Hole.

I LOVE every song on Pet Sounds. Like i got fucked by my two best friends (both girls, silly) to songs off of Pet Sounds. i love it that much
>>
File: manymoods.jpg (136KB, 600x545px) Image search: [Google]
manymoods.jpg
136KB, 600x545px
A Challenger Appears
>>
>>72763389

which songs

and didn't they find it pretty weird
>>
>>72763517
Okay, we were listening to Pet Sounds in the background. It got to "I Just Wasn't Made For These Times" when we started messing around with each other and fucking. I may not remember what song we ended on, because fuck we had a itunes playlist, but the point is i love Pet Sounds.
>>
Pet Sounds > Sgt Peppers
Abbey Road > Sgt Peppers
Pet Sounds > Abbey Road
HW61 B&B > Pet Sounds
>>
>>72754261
yep
>>
File: Cover Photograph.jpg (2MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Cover Photograph.jpg
2MB, 1500x1500px
>>72754254
Revolver >> Pet Sounds => Sgt. Pepper
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.