[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Mountain Goats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

anyone else heard this? not sure i've ever hated an album more on first listen that i've then grown to begrudgingly like. still, i hate that i like it. i shouldn't like it. i know it's bad. help.
>>
>hijab on the cover
>>
>>72751456
islam is goth as hell
>>
>>72751376

I'm not going to lie, I really enjoyed it even on my first listen. I'm getting really sick of these gimmicky concept albums though. Darnielle needs to go back to his roots.
>>
>>72751484
>Darnielle needs to go back to his roots.
That's what he's doing. He wrote about his childhood watching pro wrestling on Beat the Champ, now he's writing about his adolescence in the goth scene on here. Maybe he'll start writing about doing speed again on the next one
>>
>>72751484
>>72751517
what tracks you like and dislike fellas? rain in soho is obvs the best track on the album, i also dig stench of the unburied and wear black. fuck andrew eldtrich is a boring as fuck song though.
>>
>>72751484
As much as I'm lukewarm on these gimmick albums, Darnielle has put out so much good music in his career I feel like anything else we get at this point is a cherry on top. I can't reasonably expect any artist to put out this much music and for it to all be as good as his older stuff.
>>
>>72751456
Where? I swear to god I'm on the verge of printing this out and crossing out faces until I find it
>>
>>72753462
Nevermind I found it
>>
Only heard the two singles that he put out. Where can I listen to it in full?
>>
>>72754009
it's on soulseek nibba
>>
>>72751484
>I'm getting really sick of these gimmicky concept albums though

John is, by nature, a storyteller though. He writes short stories in his lyrics. He's already made albums dealing with his personal life (The Sunset Tree, Beat the Champ) and I'm going to say that there's probably not a lot else to be said about his lived experiences. He's at his best when he comes up with a concept and just runs with it.
>>
Haven't heard it yet but I'm sure it's excellent. He, along with Nick Cave, are some of those few artists where I will love anything they do.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.