[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"le good pop" circlejerk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: pop shit.jpg (362KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
pop shit.jpg
362KB, 1500x1500px
I am so fucking tired of this masturbatory annual event of acting like all pop is shit but "hey, it's not all bad. Have you heard After Laughter by Paramore? That's good pop."

what are your thoughts?

I want to die
>>
>>72747851
>Good pop
>Adele
Get out of here with that shit.
>>
File: -1989.nocrop.w529.h560.jpg (47KB, 529x529px) Image search: [Google]
-1989.nocrop.w529.h560.jpg
47KB, 529x529px
This is really fucking good though
>>
>>72747876
*breathes in*
*breathes out*
u wanna go kiddo?
>>
It's sad how uniform and safe poptimism is these days
Everybody worshipping EMOTION like it's both some holy anomaly and proof they have diverse taste outside of Mac Demarco or whatever, when it's been pushed on them by the same outlets and Kiss was better anyway
>>
>>72747873
okay, that one was a bit of a stretch. the same with the Ariana Grande one but still. I saw enough people masturbating over them.
>>
>>72747851
Thoughts are The 1975 did it as good as anyone could, and now they're going to move on while bands like Paramore and Haim are late to the wave :/

Their record was incredible (my AOTY in a year of incredible albums), JT's 20/20p1 was stellar w/ all those smooth bits but p2 sucked massively, and After Laughter is a solid & comfy record. Adele's was good but only the super-pretty "Million Years Ago" and the "Send My Love" hit were great

Charli's & Robyn's records sucked. Half of Ariana's was alright; have yet to care enough to listen to La Roux's full-length
+ EMOTION is a solid album but way overrated on this board. 1989 was the better version of it, and ArtAngels is better than both if we're being honest

But do you not like *any* pop, OP? Who/what do you like?
>>
>>72747873
19 was fantastic though.
>>
>>72747912
Kiss wasn't better. She didn't really have her own style then. It just felt like she was trying her hardest to make pop hits with that one while Emotion is more cohesive.
>>
>>72748028
They're basically neck and neck for me really
Hurt So Good is forever up there with Run Away With Me as GOAT Carly song though
>>
File: 2983475982354.png (97KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2983475982354.png
97KB, 300x300px
haven't listened to this since 2009 but I remember it being pretty good, no idea how it's aged
>>
>>72748066
Emotion has all of Carly's GOAT songs for me, although the first three songs on Kiss is a fuckin great stretch.

have you ever listened to her Tug of War album? fucking crazy the difference in sound from that album to everything else shes done. really glad she didn't stick wit that sound tho
>>
>>72748185
I like Bucket desu, and I get Beautiful stuck in my head occasionally, but never felt bothered to listen to the whole thing like the rest of her discog. Nice variety though
>>
Loving Tove Styrke's new song, Say My Name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2HzwODx9sE
>>
>>72747851
When is Robyn going to release a new album. I've been waiting for 7 years now. Aside from some eps she's released with Royksopp and others, she's only come up with one new song, Honey, that's in this clip. It sounds amazing despite being short. I really hope she makes a new album soon.
>>
>>72749717
Oops, here's the link for Honey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uurwcYkZMk
>>
>>72747851
poptimism is 110% cancer and has no place on this board
>>
>>72747876
Written by ~10 middle-aged men tho.
>>
Charli xcx is next prepare your anuses for her next album
>>
>>72748119
Produced by ~5 middle-aged men.
>>
>>72747851
Wait, why do you hate that trend? Are you a popfag or do you hate Pop overall?
>>
>>72749764
have you heard of the music industry
>>
>>72747851
>>72749725
what would be a simple difference in taste and opinion is now supposed to be some ideological thing because it's about pop? some people like pop who cares
>>
>>72750012
>>>/reddit/
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.