[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hows your band going /mu/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 16

File: bandstuff.jpg (540KB, 900x598px) Image search: [Google]
bandstuff.jpg
540KB, 900x598px
Hows your band going /mu/?
>>
The drummer is ruining everything
>>
File: 1482730802841.jpg (106KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1482730802841.jpg
106KB, 601x601px
>be me, living in third world shithole Mexico
>everyone pretends to take music and band-making seriously but no one shows up to rehearsals
>on top of that everyone wants to play metal only and I want to form a shoegaze group

Fuck me /mu/
>>
If me, a drum programme, an octave pedal and a looper pedal count as a band, then bad.
>>
>>72742083
ayy bby i can fly you to london and you can be my qt shoegayz gf, must have blue eyes.
>>
We're doing ok, but still looking to get stuff of the ground. We're going to try and record some stuff thus summer. I'm working on learning some King Crimson songs and currently writing a solo album that I can put out towards the end of the year.
>>
File: 6cf.png (361KB, 858x725px) Image search: [Google]
6cf.png
361KB, 858x725px
>>72742116
>when people think you're a girl because you like shoegaze
>>
>>72742083
Just compromise and play black gays lmao
>>
Drummer quit just as we were planning on recording shit. Then everyone else lost interest. Now I make shitty music in Abelton.
>>
>>72742076
>>72742232
Why is it always the drummer that shits the bed?
>>
>>72742257
Drummers are usually loyal, its usually the bassists who cause everything to go to shit if they leave
>>
>>72742018
Slowly coming together. Uni winter break is in a couple weeks so that should mean we get more stuff done.
>>
>>72742018
we got played on FM radio last night in Canada (we're a US band). First radio play, pretty exciting even if it doesn't actually mean much.
>>
>>72742083
mexican too
>start band with buddy and two faggots we found on facebook group
>me and buddy want to make grungy punk shit
>other two retards are obsessed with lo fi metal and wanna force it upon us
>They refuse to rehearse the music we write
>Drummer tried to beat my friend up when he mentioned Dinosaur Jr
>The two metal fags keep showing up drunk and breaking shit from my house
I wanna fucking behead them
>>
>>72742257
Drummers are fucking annoying, i could record all their parts with my expensive drum machine if i wanted
>>
It's going great, now I just need to find a violinist, drummer, and third guitarist pianist and bassist if I plan on playing live/recording without having to play half the shit myself.
So it's never gonna happen :_:
>>
>drummer quits after first rehearsal because we weren't mathy enough
>>
File: f50.jpg (184KB, 794x794px) Image search: [Google]
f50.jpg
184KB, 794x794px
>>72742355
I feel you bro, querer hacer música en México es lo pinches peor, al menos ahorita logré hacer mi grupo pero el pendejo del guitarrista cancela muchos ensayos por mamadas y se la pasa posteando un buen de fechas de conciertos en fb que ni siquiera cumplimos porque de plano no tenemos nada terminado
>>
>>72742257
because guitarists are everyone you can replace a bassist with a bad guitarist. normally at least one of the guitarists can sing. drummers are the hardest to replace.
>>
>Friend and I are super into all the same types of music and have super similar ideas for what we want to do
>Figure out people we can recruit, both super excited about the project
>He says he wants to play bass since he's never done it before
>Alright yeah sure
>Dude doesn't want to practice/jam because he's "self conscious" even though I told him I totally don't care that he's not that good yet
Fuck
I think I'm just going to start a solo project and bring the songs to the band whenever we get off the ground. I really just want to play some shows but until then I don't want to just be doing nothing
>>
we broke up 4 months ago after i fucked the other singer's girl
>>
>>72742746
Is your band Taking Back Sunday?
>>
>>72742719
Get him really high, then make him play
>>
We did two gigs and broke up because our singer had to quit and our guitarist isn't dependable at all but hopefully I'm going to be starting something else soon
>>
How do you guys go about even starting a band? I've played guitar and piano for a long time and have a strong grasp on music and songwriting, but I'm completely autistic and have no clue about how to meet other people. Do people literally just go on craigslist posting "drummers pls" and hope not to get raped? Can anyone describe to me their specific situation?
>>
>Buy guitar because im gonna start band with friends
>We all get along really well and have good chemistry
>Drummer gets a girlfriend
>She starts showing up to rehearsals
>Drummer says shes a good singer
>Bassists is the singer but he decides to give her a chance
>Turns out she's ok and now drummer wants her to be main singer
>She keeps saying that the lyrics bassist writes are shit
>Bassist gets assblasted by this
>He quits band because of all the shit she gives him
>I had to switch to bass now
>Singer and drummer want to totally change the style of the band now
Fuck me this is going to end badly
>>
File: 1492105067793.gif (3MB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
1492105067793.gif
3MB, 360x203px
>band
>>
>>72742921
Are you in college or anything? I got my start playing with people at my college here and there and I just kept getting more offers to play until I made enough connections to start something on my own
>>
alright. im the drummer. we dont practice nearly enough. but hopefully well have more time in the summer. we formed recently and have only had one gig, we covered jimi and zeppelin. we are trying to transition from straight jamming to actually writing songs.
its a blast though and our lead guitarist is a god
>>
>>72742921
I made a Craigslist post and met my current drummer, who introduced me to the person who is our singer/bassist/main songwriter.

Might go without saying, but you have to screen your replies a little bit, don't go meeting up with everyone who replies. I definitely had to ghost a few people.

In your post, you should include your goals (whether you want to tour or not, record, play shows, or just meet up to have fun jamming?), your influences in general AND your influences for the particular project you want to start. For the love of god specify an age range you are looking for. You don't want to roll up to a drummer's house to find they are literally 54 years old.
>>
>>72742988
Lennon isn't the drummer
>>
>>72742018
>2017
>band
lmfao
>>
>>72742988
that's what you get when you let a thot in the band
>>
broke up about 4 months ago because the other cunt singer fucked my girl
>>
>>72743251
this tbqh desu F A M I L I A N O
>>
>>72742355
dude what the fuck? just fire them from the band like seriously.
>>
I'm the drummer in a funk jam band and our leader/guitarist/vocalist booked us for a cocktail hour at a yacht club. We're adding basic bitch Jazz standards to our repertoire but he can't play jazz or sing jazz so I'm worried.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (44KB, 323x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
44KB, 323x200px
Holy fucking shit I'm not the only one who has problems with shitty drummers

>when they try and put in a fill every single second and just make everything sound crowded
>>
File: Screenshot_110.png (133KB, 256x254px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_110.png
133KB, 256x254px
Working with a guy I've never met on an album. It's coming together really well but I'm fucking terrified about getting it finished cus I'm not 100% sure how to get it out there and off the ground. We've put a ton of effort in and paid a ton of money for some really genuinely cool artwork but fuck, what if we shove it out and try to market it and it just flops? How the fuck do you get people to listen to your shit?
>>
>>72744098
at worst, you have something cool to show your friends if it doesn't get off the ground. don't worry bout that shit mang
>>
There's no scene near me (at least not the genres I'm interested in) and none of my friends play an instrument. It makes me want to die because all I really want to do in life is make music. I need to move but I don't have any qualifications to find a good job.
>>
>>72742991
lmao
>>
>>72744119
I wish I had advice that's terrible.
>>
>>72744108
Definitely. It's just kind of frustrating, cus I've been working on my own music forever and I feel so stuck. This collab work sounds really good and I think it has a lot of potential but I dunno how to react if it doesn't do much.

I love doing music for myself, but it'd just be nice to get some people to listen to it and say "hey I genuinely like this".
>>
>>72742355
>la tumblra story that no one could be believe

hahahaha yeah behead them holmes
>>
>>72744119
Save lots of cash doing whatever you're doing just now and just make the leap.
>>
>>72744143
link me to something, i'll spread the word to a few people when it comes out. marketing music really is hard
>>
>>72744157
Right now I'm only making like 400 every two weeks, plus I'm really bad about wasting money on food and shit. I really need to find a better paying job. Shit, I made more when I delivered pizzas, I'm honestly considering going back to that because at least I had money every night.
>>
>>72744143
i sent my stuff to blogs and a couple guys liked it and wrote about it. it got some views but nothing much at all really, just kind of cool to get some respect and recognition from people who know their shit

it really is a bitch getting any money out of original music though, ive pretty much given up any hope of that and its purely for fun/hobby
>>
Anyone got any advice for me? I have found enough musicians for a band, and once summer comes we're gonna start meeting a lot. Genre is prog rock
>>
File: Screenshot_111.png (141KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_111.png
141KB, 256x256px
>>72744158

We've kept everything under wraps until we're closer to finishing, so all our social media shit so far is empty. Fed up being in or seeing bands that have a dead FB page and just post "New shit coming soon" every couple of months. So while we almost have a full album finished we don't have anything out yet. The plan is to get as close to the finishing line as possible before we start marketing it all, that way I hope it'll have a better chance of piquing people's interest, hopefully in the next 2 months we'll start putting shit out.

>>72744197
Yeah I know. Just have to really dedicate yourself to it I suppose. Write shit by yourself for a bit, then even if you find new people to work with you have some ideas.

>>72744217
Not massively fussed about making money from it, obviously it would be nice. It'd just be really nice to be creating something that people enjoy.
>>
I need to practice drums so I can play my own drums instead of using programmed stuff.
>>
>>72742116
A person in mexico with blue eyes?
>>
>>72744119
You never know, there might be a heap of people in your area who feel the same way as you. Just gotta find 'em.
>>
>Be me
>In a noise punk band a la Sonic Youth or Dinosaur Jr.
>Generally play really loud a lot of the time, using broken drum sticks on strings to make fucked up sounds, using feedback, etc.
>Just got off of hiatus
>Start off rehearsal by warming up with a Nirvana song
>Amp's power supply suddenly shits the bed.
>Tfw the amp could handle 20 minute harsh noise feedback solos but shits the bed when we play a Nirvana song
>>
>>72744255
I would recommend you come up with some cool cover songs to jam. It helps give a little purpose and motivation and can help the creative juices. Plus, if you can make another band's song sound good when you're playing then you're on the right track.
>>
>>72744352
What song?
>>
>>72744372
Scentless Apprentice
>>
>>72744393
Nice, do you scream?
>>
>>72744440
I'm the drummer lol. Our singer screams occasionally but generally sings clean.
>>
>>72744461
Cool, good luck with your band.
>>
>>72744534
Thanks. Hopefully we'll be getting off hiatus again soon when our guitarist gets a new amp cab lol
>>
>>72742076
>mfw had a good drummer but we never properly got things going
Good drummers that fit are rare. Last one I had literally did nothing by speed metal.

I have a fucking vox amp.
>>
>>72742355
>The two metal fags keep showing up drunk and breaking shit from my house
haha. That's rad.
>>
we just released a debut EP

https://sbns.bandcamp.com/

pls shit on it
>>
i've basically just given up on trying to find people to play with and just started making solo music, really fulfilling but it's also really hard to make dynamic or improvisational music because you have no one else to play off of.
>>
>>72744675
Wow it's pretty nice
>>
Well I'm the only member, but considering we (I) started working on new music for the first time in like a year, we're (I'm) feeling pretty good right now.

I mean the song is probably pretty mediocre, but hey it's something right?
>>
I get too drunk and make everyone hate me but I own all the equipment
>>
>>72744825
That's the way
>>
we're getting good response from /mu/. luv ya guys
>>
>>72744825
This was me except I hated everyone else and wrote all the songs.
>>
>>72743519
im leaving the fucking band, id rather go back to making wacky rock with garageband
>>
I used to play in a sort of doom metal/funk improv thing when i first picked up bass
We're getting back together real soon hopefully with me and the guitarist switching roles
Its been like 3 years since we jammed together mu, we all have really different influences now and im kinda excited
>>
>>72742088
I mean it's pretty much glorified karaoke, but ween was two dudes on guitar and a drum machine for their first ten years of existence. Also, there are plenty of one man bands that exist.
>>
File: imgres.jpg (14KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
14KB, 219x230px
>be keys/synth player
>want to start a band again and jam with people
>no way of transporting my gear
>no keyboarded cases, and I live in Chicago and don't have a car
>mfw
>>
>>72742355
>Drummer tried to beat my friend up when he mentioned Dinosaur Jr
Why is this so funny holy shit
>>
It was going actually quite well but we all moved out of the country to different places. Still in the same country, but before we were in the same city and now we're all over the place.

part 1/2
>be me, 16 year old dude, just discovered he's got some deep autism
>decide to make a band with a friend
>dude has basically gone over /mu/core without even knowing /mu/
>really chill guy, actually
>we both have a relatively similar taste, shoegaze, gothic rock, post-punk, alternative rock...
>we both diverge on a few things as I tend to move towards bebop (big fan of Charlie Parker and Oscar Pettiford) and he drifts towards noise rock (huge fan of Sonic Youth and Swans)
>I play bass, he plays guitar, I can program a drum machine decently well
>start off playing The Cure, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry and Ride covers, he sings
>I nearly go on a date with a girl that looks like the girl in Flowers of Romance's cover
>he ends up getting the girl instead
>she's a close friend of ours, interested in the band
>she starts getting good taste from just hanging around with the two
>she starts picking up drums
>bass, guitar, drums
>band starts doing some more interesting stuff, the interplay of a jazz-inspired bass that's very much driving the melody, a droning guitar that's almost like shoegaze but harsher, and simple drums but that don't get anything wrong even in more difficult time signatures sounds rather great
>>
>>72746420

part 2/2

>consider getting a singer
>we try out singers over and over, none seem interested in the style we're going for
>decide to ditch a singer and call over a friend that can play violin instead to join the band
>she's kinda cute but she's dating another friend of ours
>we're all a bunch of weeaboos so integrating a violin to play the melody while I play a countermelody doesn't take as long as you'd think
>bass, guitar, drums, violin
>basically picture the style we described a while ago but add in a clean, rather poppy violin that's playing the melody on top as I move to the countermelody, and it's all of that with a heavy dose of The Cure on top
>we try to start writing some songs and remembering our improvisations because our sessions ultimately were straight up "yeah, let's do some improv on a standard chord progression at this time signature, [drummer], you start, improv starts at [bassist/guitarrist/violinist] and goes clockwise"
>we all try and write a few songs
>decide to record it about 6 months before we head out of the country
>book studio for a week two weeks in advance
>literally the week before we decide to do it the drummer gets into a car crash and breaks her leg and can't really do anything
>no time to record as she recovers about a week before we all have to go to the US, and it still isn't at max capacity
>take our instruments with us out of the country and swear we'll try to get together one summer to record it
>we still keep contact to this day

We still don't know where we're going to meet, the drummer's in California, I'm in New Hampshire, the guitarrist's in Texas and the violinist's in Ohio

I still wanna get out and record the music; meanwhile I've yet to find another band around here. I think I'd like to tackle something simpler this time, maybe a straight up alt-rock band.
>>
Fairly certain our bassists wants to kill me and herself.

So overall, pretty good. Playing at a local music fest here in a few weeks because we're in a music program. Looking forward to that.
>>
>won 500 free CD prints for my music and free distribution to iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, etc

It's a sign I need to start a band. Or go solo for now, maybe w/ some input from my gf. I just never know where to begin.
>>
>>72744675
nice shit man, you should post it on a bandcamp thread
>>
Just booted the drummer because he literally went insane
Pulled a knife on the singer because he started going out with his ex tho
He could barely play drums anyway, I could probably be better than him with about a month of practice.
>>
>>72746434
with today's tech you can just record your parts and send them to be mixed later
>>
>>72746969
Well, we thought about that. Ultimately the guitarrist would be the one doing the mixing, he's studying acoustic engineering, but one thing we all were kinda anal about was that we wanted to record it together as a group and mix it together as a group, since what we felt was kind of the point of the band was that we all were just a bunch of high school kids jamming together with all these different influences colliding into one thing, and we wanted to keep that as a thing due to how it felt rather than try and record each bit individually.
>>
Pretty good for an emotive post-hardcore band, since I fired everyone and replaced my drummer, bassist, and rhythm guitarist with an Alesis HR16, a Roland JV1080, and a laptop with Audacity, respectively.
The EP comes out July 22nd.
>>
I don't know anyone I could start a band with
:/
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9NZF21_bGY

pretty good actually
>>
>>72747345
Id start a band with you, anon :3
>>
>>72747386
thanks anon, what instrument do you play!
>>
>>72747393
Guitar, bass, piano/synth, program drums, certified in 3 different DAWs, went to recording school, own my own studio and high end recording equipment. I get things done. What about you, anon :3
>>
>>72747450
oh, I play guitar and some drums. Geez anon, you really know your stuff
>>
I feel like my band is going really well. We've got like 3 gigs booked at the end of the month. Our guitarist has a shit ton of connections so we have a lot of advantages other bands don't have. We haven't even played a gig yet lol. Our keyboard player keeps fucking off for some reason though.
>>
>>72744675
Its really good anon.
Your band would be well received in the festival scene. See what you can do about getting on a side stage somewhere or hitting local venues if you play live shows.
>>
>>72747469
Its ok anon! you HATE rap, right? :3
>>
>>72742018
My band fell apart last week, thanks for asking.

>Vocalist is an insufferable self-centered drama queen
>Guitarist (me) is only barely capable of playing a song without fucking up at least twice
>Drummer is a pompous, arrogant asshole who thinks he's too good for this shitty project
>Bassist basically doesn't exist, inputs nothing
>Keyboardist has expressed disinterest in music entirely
>All of this culminates in some of the most lukewarm, tepid musak anyone's ever made
Where did it all go wrong? We used to be good friends :(
>>
>>72746500
>female bassist

Why is this meme so popular? Every band with female members either does the female bassist angle or the beauty and the beast angle with a beautiful vocalist in a fucking ballgown with a bunch of fat ugly hairy dudes in the band.
>>
>>72742344
What's the band called?
>>
>>72747500
yall niggas need marijuana and a communal BBQ
>>
>>72747487
I mean it can be alright, usually kinda boring though, if my buddies are bumpin in the car to it i'll bump with them, but I'm more into math rock, jazz, shoegaze, and punk
>>
>>72747487
Its not nice to catfish the underaged posters, anon.
>>
>>72747517
>usually kinda boring though
There you go, its ok to be open minded, anon :3

Ive been playing a lot of weird dissonant jazz, we can program a sampler, have you on guitar, me on bass and just jam :3

>>72747525
I would post my certificates, but I dont want to get doxed :3
>>
>>72747547
That would be pretty cool, I don't know man though. I feel like I still have a lot to learn. I've jammed with people before, but I always feel as though I don't really have a direction in which to go
>>
File: pepe121.jpg (7KB, 250x245px) Image search: [Google]
pepe121.jpg
7KB, 250x245px
>>72742018
This has happened to me way too many fucking times to count
>join a band
>start playing together, gathering up chemistry in jam sessions and hanging out
>multi-instrumentalist and producer, so I do well with the others
>eventually a girl enters the dynamic
>be it a member, a sister, a friend, a friend of a friend
>end up falling in love with the girl almost immediately
>can't play properly, get anxious and my personality skews out of pure awkwardness and mental bullshit
>have to quit the band and try to stem the savior fantasies and dreams of marriage and children
>go back to NEETing for a while
>get bored
>join a band

And repeat. I literally can't function around women.
>>
>>72747591
Its all good, I was a recording teach for 4 years. We just need to find a way that you can relate and feel comfortable with just jamming. Everyone wants to learn songs, rush it, and gig. Fuck no! we're going to get our stuff down slow and steady :3
>>
>>72747623
>having girls in the band
Thats almost as bad as having your drummer sell and bring large amounts of shiny, rocky, high quality cocaine to practice :3
>>
have about two albums worth of material ready to be played, but no one to play it with. Plus, need to buy new instrument, since my old one has been broken for several years now and I haven't had the money to afford a new one (although I'm considering one that I saw listed for $350).

Anyone in So. Cal. want to play post-rock influenced by noise rock, post-hardcore, indie rock, and shoegaze?
>>
>>72747626
in all seriousness anon, I have a real question to pose. Where should I begin in order to start making music/jamming with people? I know the basics and stuff of guitar, I've put together a couple shitty songs, but I honestly have no idea what to learn/do. I really do want to jam with people, but I don't really know anyone who really wants together and just play music :/
>>
>>72747665
Record the album yourself, buy a used Line 6 POD XT with all the expansion packs, online distribute it. Then save up, buy new gear, and look for memebers at the same time. Do your own leg work then people and WORK that local scene :3
>>
>>72747693
Craigslist is horrible, that should be your last resort. Go to local shows/open mic nights or jam or community jam outs. Find people that are into the same music that you are. You'll find a billion guitar players, some bass player, and next to non extant drummers. Learn to sing, you dont have be Whitney Houston, just use your ears and hit notes. This is just like making friends, you have shitty ones and trueblue ones. It just takes time. Invest in yourself and do what you can on your own, so you have something to show potential members. Use the mic on your phone if you have to. It just takes time. If something isnt working, get off it and start something new. :3
>>
>>72747756
alright, thanks anon!
>>
A. Good, playing monthly. New album coming out soon, tour in june.

B. Toured in march. Pretty fun, haven't played on anything new.

C. Got a new practice spot, see where this goes.
>>
File: 1489634171183s.jpg (6KB, 196x250px) Image search: [Google]
1489634171183s.jpg
6KB, 196x250px
>>72747696
>>72747756
I Have met some cool people to jam with on Craigslist, some have been duds and i dont recommend it for a beginner but when you progress I think its a good idea to get out there and get uncomfortable and see if you can make it work
>>
>>72747780
I really hope things work out for you, anon. Stick with it and just take chances. Id jam out with you for real if I could :3
>>
>>72747830
thanks man, hey if you live on the east coast maybe one day!
>>
>>72747696
thing is, I don't play guitar, I play the sax.
>>
>>72747500
Well, I reckon it's more to do with understanding the band members. When my band was trying vocalists, we made sure that we ran a session as we normally would, which ended up leading to us never actually getting a vocalist but rather a violinist.

For example, I knew that the guitarrist would sometimes ask us to perform a simple jam on 4/4 on a single chord while he would try out ways to set up his pedals to try and achieve the sound he wanted, or that the drummer would for a while ask for us to stay quiet and try out different rhythms and beats and she'd get really mad if we tried to do anything while we were at it, and they knew that I would just stay quiet for long times during a jam, toying around with a riff that had sprouted up in my mind.

And we knew our aims within the project as well, which I reckon is the main thing behind it. The guitarrist wanted to try and create an unique sound, I wanted to bring my many unfinished ideas into something that could become a song, the drummer wanted to learn and do the basics really well. We knew our aims before we started out jamming, really.
>>
>>72747839
Expand your musical ability. There are drum machine apps for your phone you can get for free. If you know how to count 1 2 3 4, you can get a lot done. To get somewhere you really need to take things in your own hands. Set small goals musically. Play with a drum machine, learn how to record small songs/demo stuff with said drum machine and build from there. Talk to people, again, go to local shows; hell, take your sax and ask to sit in. Its about taking, sometimes forcing the first step. :3
>>
>>72742988
This is what happens when one of the people in the band gets a girl friend
shit will usually start to go down hill until they get settled in their relationship.
IF they get settled.
i remember when the drummer got a girlfriend we usually practiced like 3 times a week
and then it became less and less and then we just broke up for the time being
>>
>>72743121
I got a shit load of offers to be a bassist in some bands while currently attending.
Said no to them because i literally don't know how to play bass
i just played random shit that sounded good
>>
the other half of my band is 1200miles away and just barely got a laptop so im sort of solo for now, im not good but i do practice daily at least
>>
>>72747948
I'm still amazed the drummer and the guitarrist in my band started dating before they got into the band and kept on going for 2 years and technically are still going, just at a distance, on both accounts. Somehow it didn't end up as a recipe for disaster.
>>
>>72742211
Yeah, you are.
>>
>>72744095
>not being your own guitar player, bass player, vocalist, drummer and recording engineer
>>
>>72744098
If you're worried about an album flopping you should've made an EP first and released a couple of songs from it before you release the whole thing. After that you get a close friend to go around promoting it and tell people to check you out. So that way when the EP releases it would at least sell a BIT.
>>
>>72748000
They probably were settled in their relationships then.
Most of the time at the very start of the relationship they want to spend a lot of time together.
but now the drummer from my band has just been asking me if i want to jam a shit ton. We're gonna regroup soon. basically after he gets back from N.Y. and when i transfer to a university out of this shitty community college
>>
>>72748087
Well, they started dating roughly a week before I joined up with the guitarrist for some jamming, but it was only the two of us actually playing, she'd stay in the sidelines and listen to us. About a month and a half after we started, she decided to join us as a drummer. Probably helps that I was a friend of both and I kind of didn't mind going out for a while in between our jam sessions to walk around or cook something.
>>
>>72746305
ever heard of saving money and having goals you key playing NEET?
>>
I stopped trying to organize jams since any music I write is depressing shit and I don't feel it represents the other dudes so I just kinda abandoned the idea to be in a band.

I kinda stopped playing guitar and I've just been practicing drums instead and occasionally slapping some shit together in Ableton.
>>
Singer/guitarist and I (bassist/guitarist) writing/recording our first album, actually feeling really proud of everything we've done, our drummer left because he wants just to play covers and never really gave any input to anything, lead guitarist lives in another city but he also gives us input on what we are doing and writes some songs.
Actually I feel pretty great working with the singer, ive been producing the songs and I think everything is coming pretty solid.
We're planning to play on summer vacation with a new drummer I got.
>>
Still stuck with doing covers crap. Hell, the last we jammed was a couple of months ago.
>>
Been together a year and are about to record our first singles in studio. We all hate eachother but stick together because our music is good.
>>
>>72742746
>>72743418
I see what you did there, kek
>>
>>72742018
We haven't had a practice in ~3 years!

I think it's safe to say that it is over.
>>
>>72742076
Maybe it's you but you'd rather blame the drummer than face your own shortcomings?
>>
>>72742284
No it's the ego of the lead guitar.
>>
File: 1494317562726.png (20KB, 713x728px) Image search: [Google]
1494317562726.png
20KB, 713x728px
Me and my gf have a band together
Working on are first album rn, me on acoustic, electric guitar, and handling the drum machine and mixing. She's on vocals and piano.
is doing pretty good so far.
>>
>>72742988
The female's biological imperative is to assumme control of social structures in place to ensure her own survival against the elements and competing females.

So that's just business as usual.
Males build the nests, female picks the best one to settle in.

Not meaning to sound bitter and hateful, that's just how it tends to go unless people are being truly rebellious against their biology.
>>
Just me and my brother for now, about to get some stuff online soon, I'm very proud of the music but need to work on lyrics a bit, they're okay, just a bit edgy/juvenile in my opinion. Maybe we'll get a bassist eventually. I play, but I'm not very fond of recording bass parts.
>>
File: 1481234924398.jpg (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481234924398.jpg
51KB, 600x600px
I need to make connections with people in uni next semester. I spent this last one jamming by myself and I became bored with playing after a while because I had no inspiration and I kept playing the same covers over and over again. A friend of my roommate's said he would jam with me one time and it was pretty fucking neat-o despite the fact his style is death metal and hardcore and I'm noise rock and grunge. He doesn't usually have time to jam with people so it never happened again.

Any tips on finding people to jam with? I think my biggest issue is making friends to begin with.
>>
Got one band going right now, possibly two others soon as summer starts, and a solo live act I'm working on. Kinda worried it'll all go to shit.
>>
File: a5NXY.jpg (34KB, 515x388px) Image search: [Google]
a5NXY.jpg
34KB, 515x388px
>>72742355
Holy shit! Are you still in this situation? If so why? JUST WHY?
>>
>>72747665
What part of So. Cal.? Shitty bassist here, but i'm down.
>>
Just been doing jam sessions right now, but everyone's too busy. Hopefully we can get our shit together by the summer. Bit of a problem though with another guitarist maybe you guys can help figure out what to do.
>Met guy 2-3 years ago (We'll call him Greg)
>He's cool and likes the same kind of music I do
>He moves for school, but comes down during winter and summer
>Recently picked up bass and started jamming with our other friend
>Friend and I jam perfectly fine, and sometimes with a drummer
>Whenever Greg comes back we jam, but he often wants to be singer
>I want to be singer
>I'm constantly writing lyrics, and coming up with bass tunes
>He has two satirical joke songs, but I wanna take things seriously
>Feel claustrophobic whenever I jam with him
>Feel some chemistry(and he's good), but fear our control with being singer will ultimately rip apart the friendship.
>Also fear we'll have conflicting stage presence
Don't know what to do. Should I just let my ego go, and try it out? I don't wanna lose him as a friend, but I also don't wanna be in a band with him.
>>
>>72744716
>>72746679
>>72747481
whoa dudes thanks :) we're in l.a. and i'm shmoozing the underground scene to let them put us into their late summer ish
>>
>>72749771
I like it too plz give me a :)
>>
>>72749813
for u ---> :))
>>
File: index.png (10KB, 284x178px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
10KB, 284x178px
>>72749833
Can you help me here >>72749732 too?
This problems been eating at me for like a month
>>
>>72749732
yea, i think a big thing about how i got our guys together is i approached potential bandmates more professionally, told them i can't pay them but my goal in life is to be able to do so (these are friends and acquaintances from the area not professional musicians) and i also had a small handful of songs written barebones to give them a taste of what vibe i wanted (rock n roll w/ pop, blues, ambient influences)

gotta be willing to say no to those who don't share your vision, if your other friend who is only available during breaks and wants to also sing then neither of you can sell your vision to the rest of the band
>>
>>72749908
Thanks this actually does help. I'm in the So Cal region so I'll probably end up seeing your band around. Smiles and good vibes to you :)
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.