[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

File: a3937834400_10.jpg (277KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a3937834400_10.jpg
277KB, 1200x1200px
/mu/,

Is King Gizzard a meme band or legitimate band?

If the latter, top 5 songs?

Thanks,
"Little" Stevey
>>
DUDE SICK BAND
>>
>>72740767
it's definitely a meme. Their sound is exactly the same across every single one of their albums, the only thing that differentiates the albums are stupid gimmicks (this one is like a four-part opera! this one uses a micro-tuned guitar in the mix! this one plays continuously!)

Still, listen to an album or two of theirs if you haven't heard them because perhaps their extremely dull BWAAAUUUUUUUOOOOO blowout loud psychedelic, monotone, wall-of-sound rock will be just what you're looking for
>>
>>72740852

name 5 bands YOU like before i know to consider your opinion or not
>>
>>72740767
If you like them, which I guess you do, you should just like them
>>
>>72740875
KING
GIZZARD
And the
LiZARD
WiZARD
>>
King Gizz are hit or miss for me.

The Nonagon trilogy? amazing
Head on/Pill? amazing
Half of Quarters? amazing

everything else is either pretty good (paper mache dream balloon) but not really enough to keep me coming back, or flat out boring.
>>
Theyre both.

There is a blatant memetic quality to them but they are quality musicians.

Its like Australian shitposting
>>
>>72740918
There is no connection between any of their albums
>>
>>72741140
>no connection
>people-vultures cameos in their new album
>so does a "nonagon infinity" chant
>>
great band but slowly becoming a meme on /mu/, soon it will be uncool to like them

god forbid a band has "fun" releasing stuff
>>
I like em
>>
>>72741570
I KNOW, anyone who hates them hates FUN and WEED
>>
garage rock band doing their best to stand out with well thought out gimmicks. Head on/pill was cool but their music is just so samey
>>
fuck off Kenny
>>
I don't know how they generated so much attention, personally. Every album has the same mediocre sound, but people seem to buy into the meme band name and silly gimmick themes, masking the true mediocrity.

Either that or it seems better than it is compared to all other Australian music. Boosted garbage.
>>
i like them a lot. they dont really make anything deep or meaningful, just inventive and fun to listen to
>>
ODDMENTS IS THEIR BEST ALBUM
>>
Post actual good psych
>Guru Guru - UFO
>>
>>72741657
>gimmick
i have never really understond the meaning of this insult on the band, like just because they feature the "muh microtonal elements" or something, im not gona give them more credit for that but for the music itself but just because the band uses the microntonal stuff /mu/ sees it as an opurtunity to bash it.
>>
>>72740867
lmao not even a (you)
>>
>>72740867

(you)
>>
>>72741968

what /mu/ calls a gimmick for gizzard would be praised as experimental and "going out of their comfort zone" for any other band
>>
Im into good music

Mac DeMarco, King Gizzard, Three Oh Seas, Wavves, Thinking Fellers Union Local 182, Cloud Nothings, the list goes on...
>>
File: omega pepe.png (151KB, 860x758px) Image search: [Google]
omega pepe.png
151KB, 860x758px
They seem like a less good OH SEES
>>
>>72742760
Gizz > Thee Oh Sees > Ty Segall > Wand
>>
File: 1466479045989.png (508KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1466479045989.png
508KB, 600x600px
I really wish I could get into their new album

I like it, I really do. I can jam the fuck out to digital black and vomit coffin but the constant narration of the story ruins it for me. It stops me from coming back and enjoying a song I like because I have to listen to three minutes of monologue every time. I got everything I could get out of it the first time, hearing it again does nothing for me

You can have a concept album without needing someone to literally narrate the entire thing, Its much more engaging to piece the story together yourself through the lyrics and the way song sounds, not having someone spell it all out for you
>>
>>72741570
this
>>
Australian Shitposting: The Band
>>
File: 1480891777586.jpg (48KB, 852x960px) Image search: [Google]
1480891777586.jpg
48KB, 852x960px
>>72743554
>'not having someone spell it out for you'
>not realizing the whole gimmick is spoken-word, just like their last album was microtones
>>
DUDE that narration is so SICK
>>
File: 1491027133338.jpg (91KB, 750x479px) Image search: [Google]
1491027133338.jpg
91KB, 750x479px
>>72740767
legitimately in my top five favorite bands. they're fucking mental
>>
>>72740767
I really liked them at first, got bored with them pretty fast.
>>
>>72743775
Oh wow, I did not notice that there was something specific about this album that separates it from the rest. Gee, thanks for pointing that out for me, kind anon

Fucking retard, of course I understand that's the gimmick of the album. I love that they try new things while still maintaining their original style. But this album simply doesnt work. The gimmick was a dud
>>
Top 5 songs, but after I typed it I didn't agree with it but whatever

>Paper Mache Dream Balloon
>It Got Old
>I'm In Your Mind Fuzz
>Mr Beat
>Hot Wax
>>
>>72740767
that record is fucking legitimate. love it so much.
>>
File: Corn Muffins.jpg (27KB, 454x380px) Image search: [Google]
Corn Muffins.jpg
27KB, 454x380px
King Gizzard are lousy
>>
File: charls.jpg (19KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
charls.jpg
19KB, 512x288px
Gross band, gross, gross people
>>
>>72740767
last album was good but new singles suck.

favorite songs
-sleepdrifter
-robot stop
-human-vultures
>>
best songs are

-cellophane
-sleep drifter
-head on
-gamma knife
>>
File: KingGizzardvegemite.jpg (175KB, 650x300px) Image search: [Google]
KingGizzardvegemite.jpg
175KB, 650x300px
tfw Americucks will never understand the poetic ode to vegemite this tune is. Ausfags rule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Inr7FKKWLI
>>
File: a1566708845_10.jpg (879KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a1566708845_10.jpg
879KB, 1200x1200px
>>72744271
YEAST AND VEGGIES FOR MY BODY

PUT IT ON THE TOAST, SEE

ITS THERE ON YOUR SHELF

ITS NOT BUTTER

IT WONT CUT HER

STICK IT IN YOUR MOUTH, SEE

ITS A WEALTH OF TASTE

VEGEMITE!
>>
/gizzard/ general?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.