[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dinosaur Jr., Sebadoh and all other Lou Barlow related stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: sebadoh bob lou and jason.jpg (1MB, 1219x817px) Image search: [Google]
sebadoh bob lou and jason.jpg
1MB, 1219x817px
I wanted to make a Sebadoh thread but I figured it would get less than 10 replies so I'm throwing in Dinosaur Jr. and everything else Lou Barlow has been a part of.

Favorite Sebadoh album? What did you think of Defend Yourself?

Favorite Dinosaur Jr. album? What did you think of Give a Glimpse of What Yer Not?

Have you ever listened to Lou's solo work or The Folk Implosion?
>>
File: MI0000136315.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
MI0000136315.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
>>72738328
I love this album

Thanks to Larry Clark's KIDS for making me discover this artist
>>
>>72738594
Burning Paper is one of his best songs.

A lot of those 90s lo-fi nerds were incredible songwriters.
>>
I really wish there had been a proper final Folk Implosion album. Lou Barlow needs a foil, a partner of equals to work with/against.
>>
>>72738622
Yeah, it's a shame that John Davis left The Folk Implosion. The record label really wanted One Part Lullaby to be a hit since the Natural One single had been pretty successful and when One Part Lullaby flopped John could no longer take the pressure and quit.
>>
Why is YLAOM so much better than every other Dinosaur Jr album?
>>
>>72739721
i think it's a case of them blowing their musical wad so hard that. it's so good that anything else looks subpar in comparison.

that said i think you're underrating Bug because it's excellent too.
>>
>>72739721
You're right that YLAOM blows away everything else they've done but Bug is fantastic and Without a Sound is their only album that isn't good.
>>
John Davis and his new band are actually coming to my hometown. What do?
>>
What's with the weird sexual tension between Lou and J?
>>
>>72739952
Go see them. Tickets will probably be cheap and it'll probably be a lot of fun.
>>
>>72739956
There was a ton of tension between them in the 80s but it wasn't sexual. It was a classic case of personality clash. J was quiet and snide, Lou was talkative and fragile. J couldn't stand Lou's gushiness and Lou couldn't stand J's put-downs.
>>
>>72740173
I will man, i hope to have him sign some folk implosion cd's ive got
>>
>>72741137
Good luck, anon. I've never met John Davis but I've met Lou Barlow and gotten autographs from him.
>>
>>72739721
>>72739757
>>72739821
Yeah it is pretty weird how basically all their best songs are on that album. But I guess that happens sometimes. Having said that I really enjoy Where You Been? that's probably my second favorite Dinosaur Jr album.
>>72740278
The stories of those two back in the 80s are unbearable. Having said that, Lou has said that he used to see J at Sebadoh concerts and the two wouldn't say anything to each other. Pretty funny. I suppose even the Beatles listened to each other's solo records...

Anyway my favorite Sebadoh album has to be III that album is pretty close to perfection to me with all those amazing songs from Eric and Lou on there it's kind of ridiculous. Smash Your Head On the Punk Rock is a close second, that album is crunchy lo-fi post punk done at its best. Bakesale has a lot of good songs too, Jason's best probably.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.