[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Albums that seem so simple that they make you feel like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

ITT: Albums that seem so simple that they make you feel like you could have almost made them yourself (but probably couldn't have)
>>
>>72737955
Also Beat Happening
>>
Any ambient album
>>
thug bungalow
>>
Any Harsh Noise album
>>
>>72737955
That's more complex than the vast majority of hip-hop albums out there though
>>
>>72737955
You must be high my dude
>>
ITAOTS, sonically though, not lyricily. I'm not imaginative enough for that sort of playful poetic meme like prose.

But I can play a hell of a G chord, and that covers like half of that album.
>>
>>72737955
Take this post back to /abstractexpressionistpainters
>>
File: Musichastherighttochildren.jpg (59KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Musichastherighttochildren.jpg
59KB, 300x300px
>>
finding good samples, having to edit them and then make sure they blend toghether isn't something easy to do
>>
File: Download (1).jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Download (1).jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>72737955
>>
>>72737955
What's so remarkable about this album is the sample choice, how Shadow knew how all these disparate sounds could fit together conceptually. Listen to all the recurring motifs, the organ foreshadowing, the way cutting out bits of dialogue from a spoken word sample recontextualizes it and gives it an air of mystery.

Despite how dominant sample-based electronic music became, this album still has a totally unique atmosphere. I think the fact that it was built by rummaging through obscure vinyl rather than trawling an online archive of samples has a lot to do with that. Even though it's technically easy to do nowadays, it can't really be replicated because of how it was made.
>>
>>72739018
It's kind of sad how sampling music came to be just a decade before the internet exploded and what you said about finding samples by hand disappeared.
>>
>>72738793
That's not simple at all
>>
File: 51sBFJYnq6L._SX355_.jpg (27KB, 355x352px) Image search: [Google]
51sBFJYnq6L._SX355_.jpg
27KB, 355x352px
>>
>>72739310
Find a good sounding vintage synth, find a 70s documentary and sample it, put a bit of reverb on the vocals. Then arpeggiate a drum beat and finally, put it all through a tape recorder.

I think it is, anon.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.