[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does music have aesthetics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: headFront.png (109KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
headFront.png
109KB, 250x300px
Does music have aesthetics?
>>
Do your threads?
>>
>>72732782
Occasionally possibly
>>
>>72732780
Music as a medium or an industry?
Commercial acts tend to market around an aesthetic, for example. There's also music that is designed in such a way that it implies an aesthetic or performances that incorporate aesthetics.

Music is too broad a term, you gotta be specific.
>>
>>72732905
Is music beautiful?
>>
>>72733019
No, but there is music that is beautiful.
>>
>>72733353
Is that a grammatical clause or a matter of opinion?
>>
File: commie pepe.jpg (61KB, 460x618px)
commie pepe.jpg
61KB, 460x618px
You have to think about what music was and now what music is.
Ancient peoples created music to preserve folk culture and to remember things.
Modern music is a commiddty sold to people to extract them of their wealth. This means the musicians has to look cool so you can buy their radio friendly unit shifter, its called the spectacle.

>When Debord says that “All that was once directly lived has become mere representation,” he is referring to the central importance of the image in contemporary society. Images, Debord says, have supplanted genuine human interaction
>>
>>72733398
I disregard Debord's comment and take you up on what I think music is
>>
>>72733359
The answer to that question is too complicated for me to be arsed with.

Not all music can auto-qualify as anything. You can only view things in their own terms - you can't categorise a massive selection of works and slap an adjective on all of them. Common sense.
All music is music and that's the only true statement you can make that begins 'music is ...'
>>
>>72735062
>The answer to that question is too complicated for me to be arsed with

t.begins 'music is ...'
>>
>>72735214
>I could make sense, but I'll make none instead because I'm a retard
Thanks for your input.
>>
>>72735323
I ran out of the words you couldn't be arsed with, temporarily
>>
>>72735440
I answered the question, lad, the way it was asked implied a larger question and if you had a functioning brain you'd have understood that without shitposting twice.
>>
>>72735483
Sorry I was in the middle of something else. I've also never come across your ideas. I am thinking about it it's an interesting statement and I am struggling to disagree with you.
>>
>>72735743
You're not supposed to be nice. You have to call me a faggot and then we both leave angry!

My philosophy is based in objectivity from the 1600s. As far as I'm concerned it's the only way out of the special snowflake bullshit of post-modernism.
Everything is what it is with respect to itself. People like to think that one thing is another thing because something else is something else - an idea so silly that it's nearly incomprehensible when written down.
>>
>>72735886
Well, someone's back to their original musical theory then. And it sure isn't this Anon.
>>
>>72736795
Make sense next time, my man.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.