[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pygmalion is utter shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
lets be serious for once

>decide to check /mu/ after years
>either it s just on faggot spamming or many faggots claiming pygmalion is a good album
Holy fuck, is this a contrarian meme. Pygmalion is at best a 4 /10
Just for a day > slouvaki > pygmalion

The same people that like pygmalion are the same people that like the second album (that green abomination) from anco.
There's no even fucking structure to music. i couldnt listen the fucking album more than twice.
So my guess is that the faggots that enjoy it must be either really high or they have been here too long
>le fantano like just for say so is le shit XD
i literally just found out today. doesnt make the album any less awesome. i am yet to listen the album he just graded. but given his love for hip hop his is pretty irrelevant when it comes to shoegaze
>shoegaze is entrylevel/plen
lmao /mu/ never change
>>
Pygmalion has more in line with stuff like latter day Talk Talk than conventional shoegaze. Honestly, it's a pretty bold record but I can easily see why someone wouldn't care for it.
>>
>>72730480
Damn rude. I actually love it.
>>
>>72730506
good point.

thats why i compared with green trash from anco
it s very experimental. A little too much too. Maybe it s cuz i was not expecting that from them since i had already listened to slouvaki and JFAD too many times
>>
>>72730547
Sorry. i was expecting the trolly responses
>>
>>72730480
I love pygmalion but it's nothing like the rest of slowdive's discography. It's not as bad as you're saying you're probably more upset that it's not at all what you were expecting.
>>
>>72730579

Yeah, it's a hell of a left turn but it's not one without its merits. It has the same kind of hypnotic atmosphere as their earlier records but it's much sparser and ambient in nature. I'm not gonna tell you to lose sleep over it or anything - if you don't like it then that's that - but I still think it holds its own as a Slowdive record, it's just a very different take on their usual schtick.
>>
>>72730480
Niel was extremely inspired by electronic and ambient music while making Pygmalion, and you can hear it. Sampled drums, guitar loops, its more texture based than their other albums.

Listen to it as a cross between SAW85-92 and Laughing Stock and it might click for you. Not as good as either of those albums but still quite a strong album. It's extremely texture based rather than song based, and that makes it interesting, at least to me.
>>
>>72730607
I ll definetwly give it another try.
but what i was "triggered" about was that they were calling the other slowdive albums mediocre and calling this one a masterpiece. and there was too many posts like that. if we are gonna boil it down to it s an opinion then this board is useless.

but i feel i clarified more why i rate the album low and whats the deal with it. Anyway i ll give it a try just for fucks sake
>>
>>72730641
>>72730625
these are some quality responses i wasnt expecting. thanks anons
>>
I really wanna like it, on paper it's totally my thing, but I just can't get into the songs at all
Not a big fan of souvlaki either tho
>>
Let's be honest with ourselves /mu/, Slowdive has a handful spectacular songs and a whole lot of filler that's not worth listing to.

They have about one really good record spread over a few albums.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.