[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has postmodernism ruined music? Yes/No

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 1472694711960.png (891KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1472694711960.png
891KB, 900x900px
Has postmodernism ruined music?

Yes/No
>>
Postmodernism ruined everything
>>
Postmodern music like ariel pink or john maus is literally the only interesting delivery of popular music left

This has been a trend since the 60's.
>>
>>72729759
this
>>
Probably not but that doesn't stop me from despising all forms of music that is just stereotypical of genre with "irony."
>>
Postmodernism ruined lots of things. However, there's still a metric fuckton of new music out there, so you can't exactly say music itself as a concept has been ruined
>>
File: IMG_3494.jpg (77KB, 477x324px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3494.jpg
77KB, 477x324px
>>72729993
>"metric fuckton"
>"postmodernism ruined a lot of things"
>>
You oldfags need to stop praising your overrated albums and start to listen to newer shit.

We will live with a generation that will be nostalgic about 00s stuff and praise artists that we call today shit, that's just how time works
>>
>>72730034
>implying postmodernism hasn't caused a cultural decline
go back to the short bus you fucking retard
>>
File: 500x500.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
500x500.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
>>72730069
>I believe in "traditions"
>>
I dont think PM has ruined art like a lot of people say but it does taint some good artists.
>>
File: jp.gif (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
jp.gif
52KB, 600x600px
>>72729729
Yes, to a certain extent. I think postmodernism has made lots of good music but its all stuff that's been done before. I enjoyed living in the 2000's because music was still progressing into something new (albeit sometimes for the worse) and it was all about what was going to be the next big thing. Nowadays everyone just wants to pretend we're still in the 80's/90's and make music that has been done so many times over it all just feels really stale. I don't feel like i'm in the future anymore when I have to listen to 500 Joy Division cover bands...
>>
>>72730060
This
>>
>>72730060
>>72730824
>born in the right generation
A bit enlightened are't we?
>>
>>72730841
Every generation is the right one
>>
>more music of any genre than ever before in history produced at an ever increasing rate, some of it in a permanently obscure style that will never impact the lives of normies

>music is ruined

huh
>>
>>72730851
People today love to circlejerk over the 80's but I still hate them as I did back when I was younger.
>>
Music hasn't been good since the Classical era. The minute Negro polyrhythms were introduced to Western music was the beginning of the end.
>>
File: new electronic genres by decade.png (27KB, 1137x211px) Image search: [Google]
new electronic genres by decade.png
27KB, 1137x211px
>>72730854
>more music of any genre than ever before in history produced at an ever increasing rate
>more than 3/4 of it is utter shit
makes you think
>>
>>72730881
Wew
>>
>>72730881
>unironically using wikipedia as a source
>>
Oneohtrix looks kind of like Kenny Omega in this pic
>>
>>72730940
name 1 new genre of electronic music from the 2010s that is genuinely new

protip: outsider house and footwork are not genres but subgenres of already established genres of old
>>
>>72730069
>ideology

the west was never great. stop looking up to daddy faggot
>>
>>72730970
With those arbitrary rules there hasn't been a truly new genre since the 90s
>>
>>72730984
>arbitrary rules
hardly

I mean with the 2000s you also have Grime I guess but that is more hip-hop than electronic, with the 2010s outside of vaporwave and it's associated subgenres I have trouble thinking of any actual new genres of electronic music
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.