[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

garbage album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: hi how are you.jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
hi how are you.jpg
10KB, 300x300px
why does anybody like this
>>
>>72720326
It's a novelty
Worth listening to but not something I'd probably ever listen to again
>>
File: nirvana.jpg (65KB, 620x827px) Image search: [Google]
nirvana.jpg
65KB, 620x827px
>>72720326
>>
>>72720326
his early stuff is really rough, but there are gems in them. If you want full albums that are more listenable, check out his early 90s stuff like 1990 and Artistic Vice
>>
File: img6.jpg (25KB, 257x369px) Image search: [Google]
img6.jpg
25KB, 257x369px
>>72720326

its a pleb filter, and you failed.
>>
>>72721651
*pleb magnet
>>
File: 1482450724503.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482450724503.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
>>72721672

yeah definitely pleb magnet, considering how accessible it is.

you're out of your depth bucko
>>
>>72720326
hehe le deep schizophrenia outsider :-)

this album is trash and is the ultimate poseur/boring pleb red flag
>>
There are a few good songs on it, but it's not his best not by far. The only reason it gets noticed more is because Kurt Cobain wore the shirt (his fav Daniel Johnston album was Yip Jump Music! though, which is a fun album) and that when Daniel randomly got onto MTV he was promoting Hi, How Are You.

My favorite albums of his are Don't Be Scared and 1990 which to me are both great albums with really well written songs. Of course Daniel's performances are always pretty loose but he has written many good songs.
>>
File: morelikebelongsinthetrash.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
morelikebelongsinthetrash.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
>>72720326
Same reason people like this
>>
>>72720326
because it is retarded and genius at the same time
>>
mental illness = genius to plebeians
just look at trout mask replica, rock music's supposed masterpiece: it was made by a lunatic with no knowledge of music or instrumental skill
>>
>>72720326
it's amazing and you are stupid
>>
>>72723694
You sound like someone who listens to Dream Theater because "they have so much musical skill"
>>
>>72723694
posting on /mu/ = possible for anyone
just look at (you), a stupid edgy cunt: you have no knowledge of music nor any posting skills
>>
>>72721651
unironically this. anyone who calls D.J. garbage is either still young or missing a basic component for understanding art. Do you need to enjoy it? of course not. But if you can't appreciate its value, you objectively need to fix something about yourself if you want your artistic opinion to matter.
>>
>>72723888
>>
>>72723694
i love it when someone who disagrees with me says something that's blatantly and factually incorrect
>>
>>72723893
>lo-fi singer/songwriterism
>art
Have you ever been to a gallery? They don't put shitty casette tapes in their for a reason. Beethoven scores? Yes.
>>
>>72723941
>casette
>their
this man is quite literally a mornon. Funny thing is there's been galleries dedicated to Johnston's work. kek.
>>
>>72723941
Yes, background music as you appreciate the piece in front of you. When the music is based in lyricism, which is generally the case with good singer/songwriter stuff, that's the piece you're admiring.
>>
1990 is his best album
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.