[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the end of slowdive's career?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 19

File: melon.png (433KB, 765x391px)
melon.png
433KB, 765x391px
Is this the end of slowdive's career?
>>
No.
>>
>>72719853
>Listen to Sugar for the Pill
>Instantly love it
>See this

GOD DAMMIT YOU FAGGOT FANTANO.
>>
>>72719853
No. Fantano I think has plateaued in terms of popularity and a lot of people are starting to turn on him He's has been way more off the mark than usual (not that I watch him, but I've seen a huge uptick in /mu/ threads bitching about him panning stuff like LCD Soundsystem's new single, GAS, giving the new Mac Demarco a VERY generous score, giving the new Logic the same rating as MBDTF, giving Father John Misty a RIDICULOUSLY inflated score).

He's /mu/tant who got lucky. Props to him, but don't give him any more relevancy than hasbeens like Pitchfork and Rolling Stone.
>>
wtf i hate slowdive now
>>
I don't see the video
>>
Why there are so many people that still care about this guy's opinions?
>>
>>72719906
Not to mention he's been spending the first two minutes of various review videos hawking products. And he's redirected his focus to much more Top 40 pop/rnb/hip-hop and flavor of the month music than he did back in the early days. Clearly he's trying to make a living off of this, but he has no real integrity or authenticity anymore. Half the time I feel like he's phoning it in just for view counts, not to mention he's ignorant about most music outside the general popular indie rock/hip-hop/Pitchfork spectrum. Seeing him trying to talk about electronic music (particularly stuff rooted in dance music history) or anything remotely "experimental" is just embarrassing. Just stick with what you know dude, even if does mean every review is him droning about "trap influenced beats" and "watery synths" or "angular guitar lines".
>>
File: 1486239004302.jpg (35KB, 600x886px) Image search: [Google]
1486239004302.jpg
35KB, 600x886px
>>
First time I have ever agreed with him
>>
One point lower than I'd have given it, I do like how Fantano has taken a more contrarian stance in these recent reviews
>>
>>72719945
Fantano is the objectively the most influential important critic of our time. This cannot be argued. And you? I'm sorry who are you? Fuck off! You're nothing,
>>
Oh, boy, it has begun. Get ready for 50 more of these...
>>
Fantano has been on point lately
>>
The only people that like this album are 19 year olds who listen to entry level shoegaze and maybe whatever the current trendy artists are. Kendrick or some shit.
>>
>>72720113
Post your lastfm fucker
>>
2017 marks the end of Fantano
>>
>>72720113
jokes on you im 20
>>
File: Capture.png (1MB, 782x888px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 782x888px
>>72720154
>>
File: rage.png (3KB, 197x74px) Image search: [Google]
rage.png
3KB, 197x74px
numales ANGRY lol
>>
He says he bases his scores on his opinion. It looks like his opinion only allows fair critiques of things he cares about (hip hop). His most thought out reviews with carefully articulated points seem to be given to genres he has a vested interest in. Slowdive, most recently, and previously Gas, show that if he isn't already a fan of the genre as a whole he validates his stance by giving low scores and halfhearted thoughts. He seems more interested in proving he's right in hating things more so than honestly reviewing something. And he hides behind criticism of this choice by stating that's it's only his opinion.
>>
i listened to it the other day and thought it was completely unremarkable. even saw some people say it was as good as souvlaki. like what the fuck?
>>
>>72720216
The Truth
>>
>>72720216
that's a long ass way to say it's just his opinion
>>
>>72720216
>muh shoegaze
top lel, has there ever been a more pleb genre?
>>
>>72720219
its not as good as souvlaki . because the vocals are meh
but its not a 4/10

solid release
>>
>>72719853
I liked it!
>>
Fuck it, it's a 4
>>
File: 1484808725038.png (174KB, 423x427px) Image search: [Google]
1484808725038.png
174KB, 423x427px
He's correct.
This isn't Slowdive, it's nu-psychedelic shite akin to Tame Impala
>>
>>72720216

>Gas

I don't know if Narko is a 2/10 but it seriously is a disappointment.
>>
>>72720230
It's almost his opinion of his opinion though. He reviews big releases in genres and of bands he knows he doesn't like. He's biased going in. There's nothing wrong with it but you can't pretend that this review, opinion or not, holds the same weight as a review of Kendrick or Death Grips.
This isn't a "hey guys here's my opinions on this album". It's more "ok I guess I'll listen to this and tell you why it's not that great".
>>
File: IMG_8162.jpg (53KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8162.jpg
53KB, 540x720px
>>72720006
this guy gets it
>>
>>72720342
He praised Slowdive's first three albums in the beginning of the video though
>>
>>72720342
>going through this much mental gymnastics to pretend fantano didn't just BTFO you
>>
>>72720383
Because they're established as being good by most people. It makes his "opinion" that this one isn't good appear stronger.
>this guy liked the other albums
>nevermind that the last one is 25 years old now
>if he dislikes this one it must be bad
>>72720412
I didn't think it was a good as their other stuff but I don't think its a 4, more like a 6.
>>
>>72720303
for you
>>
File: 1492453632936.jpg (13KB, 268x320px)
1492453632936.jpg
13KB, 268x320px
I swear to God, Fantano is now going to shit on any new album made by an artist that has made a /mu/core album. He also shit on American Football's latest release, remember? He probably gave that shitstain Father John Misty a 9 for his bland Pure Comedy album to cater to his pitchfork audience and as a big fuck you to /mu/. He's probably reading this thread right now, stroking his chode.
>>
>>72720543
The newest American Football record was trash though.
>>
>>72720543
he gave dean blunt a 8 me
what r u talking about
>>
>>72719853
Album was boring as fuck, why do you all have such boners for it? Name recognition?
>>
>>72720383
He praised all of Kanye's previous albums in his MBDTF video and has panned every album since.
>>
>>72719991
He lurks here to check what is seen as favorable or disliked and bases that on how many views he'll get more it
>>
>>72720451

and antonius fantanarius
>>
>>72719853
Usually I don't give a shit when a critic hates an album I love. For the first time, I'm triggered. I could understand a six, but in which world is this album a four?
>>
Anthony Fantano is a dumb-dumb.

/thread
>>
>>72720664
you can't thread your own posts dummy
>>
>>72720680
Already did
>>
Hard to even get angry about this review, since it was such a half assed video. Hell it took him 4 mins to even get to the actual album.
>>
Holy shit reddit and /mu/ are triggered. Fantano is a literal god.
>>
>>72719853
id give it a 5 desu

it's not bad and it's not remarkable either
>>
>>72719853
Fuck this guy
>>
>>72720113
>wahh the album is ACCESSIBEL so it has to be bad :((
>>
>>72719906
lol people have been turning on him since the beginning of his channel. How can he ever not be "off the mark" when every album is loved and hated by someone? Music reviews are suggestions. It's like someone's saying "get the burger, the pizza tastes bad", and you reply ,"man you're off the fucking mark, I can't believe I ever trusted you..."
>>
>>72719906
just cuz pitchfork is punishing father john misty for being anti-pc, doesn't mean it wasn't a critically acclaimed record. the metacritic score is like 85 or something
>>
>>72720895
>like someone's saying "get the burger, the pizza tastes bad", and you reply ,"man you're off the fucking mark, I can't believe I ever trusted you..."
no its not
>>
>>72720543
OH YEAJ MAN YKU GOT IT, ANS THEN HE GAVE GAS A 2 TO DEFLECF THE COUNTER INTERPOLATION OF HIS PITCHFORK AUDIENCE CAUSING THEM TO GRAVITATE TO THE SUN man shut the fuck up, his reviews scores are too varied to put any sort of, he's pandering to x, cap on them.
>>
>>72720907
What's your point? Slowdive S/T has an 84. I listened to FMJ and i thought it was a 7.5 at most tbqh, and that's coming from someone that liked Honeybear. But this one just sounded like he the same instrumentation as that album but with 'deeper' lyrical content. I mean melon mostly praised the lyrics in his review the music to him was basically unimportant.
>>
>>72720969
then it's not an inflated score./..
>>
>>72721010
Yeah but metacritic is a stupid thing to bring up considering Slowdive is one point under FMJ and Fantano just panned it. But whatever I get what you're saying though. I still think that if he wants to be contrarian so badly he should pick the right albums i.e. FMJ given a 5 at most and slowdive given a minimum at 7 tbqh
>>
>>72720208
>complains about entry level shoegaze
>listens to candy claws
ok
>>
>>72721089
yeah i get it, you got your opinion, but honestly it was contrarian of pitchfork to not give it bnm. if fmj wasn't doing his twitter shenanigans or whatever they're mad at him for i can guarantee you it would have gotten 8.8 bnm on pitchfork
>>
he gave it a 4, im not listening to this album now
>>
>>72721098
Why cant I listen to candy claws?
>>
unsubbed and disliked ;^)
>>
>>72721157
You can listen to all the candy claws you want. I listen to them too. But you can't complain about people listening to entry level shoegaze when you're listening to entry level shoegaze.
>>
>>72720895

lol
>>
>>72721194
I should have said "only listen to entry level shoegaze".

In any case I don't even think Candy Claws is that well known, they made the rounds but the average trendy college first year that I'm thinking of probably has no clue who they are.
>>
>>72721126
>if fmj wasn't doing his twitter shenanigans or whatever they're mad at him for i can guarantee you it would have gotten 8.8 bnm on pitchfork
nah
the album isn't fun or innovated. thats how they rate shit
>>
>>72719853
no that was about 20 years ago
>>
>>72721274
your claim can be easily disproven just by going to pitchfork and seeing what albums they have given bnm to
>>
personally it's an 8.5 for me and the last two tracks are pretty bad, slomo, star roving and everyone knows are my favourites
>>
>>72721303
post them and i'll prove you wrong
>>
>>72721257
Yeah but think about it Slowdive probably weren't even that well-known by most people in recent years except now that p4k gave them a good review (I think?). Just like Candy Claws was known by every indeh p4k user the year Ceres and Calypso came out, it's all a cycle anon. I don't know if that made sense
>>
yeah the album is shit
>>
>>72719853
Great, now every time someone says they dislike this album I can call them Fantano drones
>>
>>72721126
How do they decide how to give a BNM? Those an album have to have an 8 or higher or what? I don't know I think both albums are solid 7-8 because they sound good and all but both sort of rehash the sounds from their respective artists previous albums.
>>
>>72720268
I love lain
>>
>>72721363
>Slowdive probably weren't even that well-known by most people

Slowdive have been well known among hipsters for a while now.
>>
>>72720006
>being influenced by a living meme
Kinda sad desu
>>
>>72721355
migos, vagabon, rtj, jay som, the xx, solange, weyes blood, young thug, jamila woods, schoolboy q, mitski. and those are just the ones i have personally listened to
>>
>>72720216
> IDLES' Brutalism got 7/10
> Hip hop
>>
>>72721434
How many years would you say? I mean how many people do you actually know that are into shoegaze/dream pop let alone go way back to the genres defining bands? I personally know 0 people who even know what MBV or Slowdive even are
>>
>>72720208
>>72721098
>>72721157
>>72721194
guys you can keep arguing but please don't drag Candy Claws into this they're comfy and cute :c
>>
>>72721499
Uhhh since Souvlaki came out in the early 90's?
>>
>>72721470
>migos
innovated rap style triplets etc

> vagabon
black female taking on indie rock in a white dominated genre innovated

>rtj
fun political rap

>jay som
see vagabon

>the xx
fun pop minimalism(if u disagree post a artist who does it better)

> solange
fun r&b

>weyes blood
can't comment but her release with ariel pink was fun

>young thug
fun + innovated rapper

>jamila woods
garbage
> schoolboy q
fun rapper

>mitski
see jay som and vagabon
>>
>>72721539
literally half your reasons are because "she's a girl" and your definition of "fun". they weren't fun to me and rtj has done the same shit x3. you think those african bobsled people deserve gold medals just cause they tried and don't have any snow in africa?? lol
>>
>>72721522
Nah dude, do you really think most 20 somethings listen to Souvlaki and Just for a Day nowadays
>>
>>72721597
>they weren't fun to me and rtj has done the same shit x3.
p4k doesn't care about your opinions
>>
>>72721649
>Nah dude, do you really think most 20 somethings listen to Souvlaki and Just for a Day nowadays
i go to art school. majority of us do. heroin is popular also
>>
File: headhurt.jpg (110KB, 2048x1164px) Image search: [Google]
headhurt.jpg
110KB, 2048x1164px
>mfw nobody just liking the album and not giving a shit about Fantano? Don't get me wrong, I am a Fantano fan, but jfc just have ur own opinion? lmao
>>
>>72720919
how
>>
>>72721690
Heroin is definitely the artsiest drug
>>
>>72721677
yeah and i bet reading the reviews would have more reasoning besides "it was fun." the fact of the matter is, your definition of "fun" isn't pitchforks definition and is most definitely not the reason they give bnm's. its because of politics and setting trends, and thats why ppl like mitski, jay som and vagabon get bnm's for free while being a white man doesn't. and thats fine but its obviously going to skew how good an album actually is
>>
>>72721701
fantano pls. just stop shilling yr shit on here. u already got more than enough subs on yt
>>
>>72721690
>art school
Well no shit my dude, but I go to a regular University and most people listen to top 40 stuff, popular rap shit and other entry level indie rock. How is heroin? Have you personally done it anon?
>>
>>72719906

>giving the new Mac Demarco a VERY generous score

people, are, so, fucking, dumb

fantano, inadvertently or not, gives his scores taking into account both the artist's progression and how the album stands within its genre

which means a mac demarco 7 and a kendrick lamar 7 and a lil yatchy 7 are NOT the same thing, apples and oranges
>>
>>72720006
Ok Anthony
>>
>>72721770
have fun in conspiracy land my friend!
>>
>How is heroin? Have you personally done it anon?
No only ketamine

>Well no shit my dude, but I go to a regular University and most people listen to top 40 stuff, popular rap shit and other entry level indie rock.
yeah but we're not discussing those ppl. anybody interested in dreampop/shoegaze worships mbv/slowdive
so idk why you don't think 20 somethings don't fuck with them.
>>
>>72719853
Haven't watched one of Fantano's videos for years but that score is accurate. All these shitty cash-in "comeback" records made by artists who have long since passed their prime need to be called out for what they are, and the dumb teens who get "hyped" for this trash because put their favorite bands on ridiculous pedestals need to be brought back down to Earth.
>>
>>72719906
PEOPLE WHO ARE TURNING ON MELON ARE ALL LEFTISTS SHILL BECAUSE OF HIS TWITTER RANTS.

There is a school in California RIGHT NOW who have job of posting their agenda on /pol/. You can read about it on reddit.

Even though I don't agree with everything he say's Melonhead is as truthful and honest as always. He may be playing a meme but he's smart and honest fellow.
>>
>>72721899
you literally said that vagabon, mitski and jay som got bnm's because they were minority women and i only repeated what you said, soooo i was just following you bud
>>
>>72720216
THERE ARE PEOPLE ON THIS FUCKING BOARD WHO THINK FANTANO NEVER HEARD/DOESN'T LIKE BASIC NEWFAG GENRES LIKE SHOEGAZE AND AMBIENT TECHNO.

NEWFAG SHILLS KILL YOURSELF AND LEAVE THIS BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>72721820
>Well no shit my dude, but I go to a regular University and most people listen to top 40 stuff

Yeah no shit but I specifically send trendy hipsters. Most art student types have been aware of this music for a few years, why do you think there's been a revival? Why do you think any of these bands are getting back together? Slowdive is well known, no, not by the average top 40 consumer but they're irrelevant to this conversation anyway.
>>
>>72722012
said*
>>
>>72721934
>reddit
pls go
>>
It's literally being praised everywhere else but from Fantano so who cares? you can't give an album a 4/10 with a song like slowmo on it. sorry, but he's way wrong here.
>>
>>72720006
>influential

if that's the case, name one album fantano put on the map

i'll wait
>>
>>72721930
>No only ketamine
How did that shit feel? Is semi addictive or something? I really haven't delved that deep into drugs and shit

>yeah but we're not discussing those ppl. anybody interested in dreampop/shoegaze worships mbv/slowdive so idk why you don't think 20 somethings don't fuck with them.

Maybe I should've worded it better, in my post I was referencing those people that don't care about those genres or may not even know they are a thing. And really how can you be into dreampop and not know Ceres and Calypso??
>>
>>72719853
the only career that is ended is fagtano's
>>
File: 1487268641317.jpg (189KB, 600x640px) Image search: [Google]
1487268641317.jpg
189KB, 600x640px
>>72719853
>caring about melon's opinions
>>
>>72720208
>these not being entry level

i had most of this on CD when i was 11
>>
can someone gimme a rundown on this bald turd? is he just another loser white boy with an infatuation for black music?
>>
>>72719853
No. Fantano has an oddly cold disdain for modern "-gaze" music.
the reason he hated the album so much was because of the quality of the audio itself. i'm sure that if the album sounded more fuzzy and less sparse, he would've loved it.

idk, i thought the album was really good. i got nothin.
>>
>>72719853
melon's been a shit reviewer this year
>>
>>72722090
Remo Drive
>>
>>72722116
>white boy
hes not a boy hes a skin-colored man
no one really cares about him, its just a meme like pitchfork and scaruffi and christgau
>>
>>72722091
>How did that shit feel?
basically i feel happy that im dizzy for a couple hours.

> Is semi addictive or something?
varies per person i guess. never had issues taking ketamine. but adderall and coffee have sent me to the er so who knows. i don't even like xanax
>>
>>72722091
to make it clear. i'll be sitting on a couch but i feel like im dizzy about to fall down like a goofball but euphoric about it .
>>
>>72722181
>>72722217
>basically i feel happy that im dizzy for a couple hours.
That sounds pretty fun tbqh, how is it in comparison to acid?
>>
>>72722262
>how is it in comparison to acid?
no clue never done it.
>>
>>72722273
Damn, well from what I just read on wiki it makes one feel disassociated from ones body. Sounds like a heroin lite, also can produce hallucinations which is very much like acid. Sounds like a good fucking time
>>
>4chan suddenly can't handle the criticism

I guess summer really is early this year.
>>
Fantanbo is fucking idiot. He a so stupid that it fantanstico. His stupid should be recorded in the world record book. Fango is piece of human waste to make me mad at God.
>>
>>72722357
There used to be yearly threads where people would complain that Beyonce and Lil Wayne were on P4K's AOTY lists. Glad they died out though.
>>
>>72722402
>>>/r/eddit is that way
>>
>>72722427
what are talk to?
shut the fuck up. how come you love to suck the penis of that fantano?
>>
>>72722453
We have a real newfag over here guys. Please cry me a river, I enjoy drinking your tears.
>>
File: blepe.png (8KB, 213x236px)
blepe.png
8KB, 213x236px
Fantano is a genius with a godly opinion. We should worship fantano for his pure and intellectually superior reviews.
>>
>>72722508
lol that is gross to drink tears
you are fucked
>>
FUCK YOU FANTANO
>>
File: 1478936619159.jpg (413KB, 624x531px) Image search: [Google]
1478936619159.jpg
413KB, 624x531px
>>72722522
>>72722545
>>
>>72719853
Anthony "I give exaggerated scores for views" fantano
>>
I agree with him tbqh
>>
>>72721353
Go Get It is one of the best songs on the album, what the fuck are you doing.
>>
"Y'all know this is just my opinion, right?"

If your opinion on ANYTHING changes because you watched a fantano review, you an autistic sheep.
>>
>>72720216
lol fantano clearly grew up with shoegaze more than hiphop who are you kidding
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogCih4OavoY

production on this song is shit.
>>
File: 1448890250179.jpg (53KB, 638x425px)
1448890250179.jpg
53KB, 638x425px
>gave Slowdive a 4
>gave Gas a 2
>gave Basinski an 8

san fantonio is doing it right this year
>>
>>72722730
What's the point in reviews then?
>>
>>72722898

Wait, the new Basinski got an 8? What the fuck. That was the most 6/10 album I've heard this year.
>>
File: 1493227013161.png (320KB, 900x677px) Image search: [Google]
1493227013161.png
320KB, 900x677px
>friend is a huge melon-drone
>told me to listen to Slowdive
>say I found it boring
>"Nuh-uh you're wrong it's really good"
>Fantano pans it
Gonna be great watching him 180 his opinion once he sees this
>>
so where can i download this album i been trying to find it but cant
>>
>>72722940
My computer has it, come over with a usb stick
>>
>>72722940
sent ;)
>>
the album's shit and you're all posers
>>
>>72720543
He just came reading this post
>>
>>72720543
Thats because all those albums are trash.
>>
File: 1492809250948.jpg (2MB, 1920x1117px)
1492809250948.jpg
2MB, 1920x1117px
>>72719853
I think light 4 is a little harsh. I'd say it's closer to a solid 6, slightly above average.
>>
Pitchfork gave it BNM, it is much more important than some memeing faggot. Also I liked it
>>
>>72722090
No Now.
>>
>>72719853

They made it through Souvlaki and Pygmalion, I think they can survive a Fantano pan for a comeback record.
>>
>>72722090
He's probably at least part of the reason DG got hyped up. I think that's the only case though.
>>
>>72720543
he gave mbv an 8 which is correct
>>
Based Fantano BTFOing the plebs on /mu/ once again.

First Narkopop now this? How will /mu/ ever recover?
>>
>>72719853
I legitimately can't understand giving this album less than a 6 unless you hate Souvlaki for some reason. It's like objectively decent. Not transcendent, but good by any honest metric.
>>
>>72719853
He's right.
>>
>>72722898
How can someone be this big of a pleb?
>>
>>72723386
guess epic records had nothing to do with that right
>>
>>72722090
Helplessness Blues
>>
Slowdive is hardly relevant anyway.

Not saying their album was bad. I liked parts of it, but they aren't exactly making huge strides with this release (except with people who like dream pop / shoegaze.)
>>
>>72721701
I'm with you dude. Who gives a fuck about other people's opinions? If you happen to enjoy something someone else doesn't, props to you my man.
>>
4/10 is harsh.

I mean, it's a comeback album. Fan service really. Most of his complaints seemed to be about the album not being "muh 90s Shoegaze" and sounding too modern. And he said "Everyone Knows" is the worst track, when that is the most Slowdive sounding song Slowdive have made since 1993. "Falling Ashes" is the worst song because it is too similar to Radiohead's "Daydreaming".

Personally, I'd give this album an 8/10. It delivered everything I expected from a Slowdive album in 2017.
>>
>>72719853
Is Anthony Fantano the biggest cancer on the modern landscape of the music industry perception?

How the fuck can you be this wrong about an album, it's downright embarassing.

I say that from now on we ban any and every single one of the threads related to him.

Since it is more than obvious that he has no fucking idea how to comprehend or even analyze something deeper outside his generic indie/folk (lol)

I mean how long has it been since this album was released and he tried to pretend that he was able to unpack everything that was said on the project?

No, its simply not possible the fact that he decided to rank it without fully or hell even partially comprehend it only shows that this has turned into merely a job for him.

Looking for clicks and fame and not a competent review is a shame since me as well as most people here even if it were the case that most people now would not be able to allow themselves to come forward and be honest with themselves on a public way that they would also admit that they used to listen to him.

But after this it is beyond definitive that whatever authority he used to have on the public discorse of opinion relativity is mainly because of persistence and not quality.

Shame on me.

Shame on you.

But most importantly of all.

Shame on him.
>>
A FUCKING FOUR HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>72722153
>>72723367
>>72723386
>>72723641

Fleet Foxes, Death Grips, Clarence Clarity, and Remo Drive (never heard of it)???

I think you guys just made my point.
>>
>>72719853
yeah honestly this album is NOT a 4. At the very least it was a 7, but I personally would give it an 8.

but who cares about fantango
>>
File: overstesdfs.png (317KB, 621x429px) Image search: [Google]
overstesdfs.png
317KB, 621x429px
Get real you guys, I watch fanatonio a lot but i still love lots of albums that he gave low ratings
>>
I'm just glad this dumb fuck hasn't reviewed new Ulver
>>
Pygmalion>Souvlaki>Just for a Day>s/t

Any other ranking is incorrect and contrarian.
>>
Fantano doesn't really like light music. He's a secret edgelord who like noise rock type shit but tries to hide it under an artsy guise. The guy is too self aware now and just cranks out what he knows the idiots want to here.

Feed me meme man'
>>
>>72719853
Yeah but you have to calculate for the fact that Slowdive are white and add on 3 points to make up for Anthony's 'White people tax'
>>
>>72724554
pic related can't be real - the pleb is strong w/ this one
>>
>>72724636
Eh, I like s/t a little more than Just for a Day
>>
>>72724636
Souvlaki > Just for a Day == Pygmalion > s/t

but s/t is an 8
>>
>>72720159
*the year he reaches a million subscribers
>>
>>72719853
I liked it a lot, but I'm someone who can make decisions if they like something or not on their own. I don't blindly follow reviews to make my taste.
>>
>>72722921
>>72722898

Basinski was just a 7
>>
>>72724554
yeah, this shit really confused me when i watched that review. he really does have shit opinions
>>
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

YOU SAID YOU LIKED BEACH HOUSE AND CANDY CLAWS WTF
>>
Hes my dad so I can never not love him desu
>>
stick a fork in em
their done
>>
File: 1488520437672.jpg (61KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1488520437672.jpg
61KB, 900x900px
>>72719853
>IT NOT AS GOOD AS THEIR LEGACY DEFINING ALBUMS
>THEY CHANGED THEIR SOUND IN THE 17 YEARS THEY HAVEN'T RELEASED A RECORD
>WAHHH IT'S DIFFERENT IT"S A 4

Yeah no, it's a solid album, it's not a 4 which in his case is considered below average.

Melonhead has really been getting to me and I think his opinions are getting stale and really inconsistent.

He even sounds he wants to hate the new LCD SoundSystem on his latest review of their singles, which was also fucking hogwash.

Oh and the National just released new music, can't wait for him to shit all over them too like he's always done because he's a literal faggot who doesn't like sad music with a baritone voice.

Melonhead can eat a dick, I hope he never reaches 1 million subs and his ""comedy"" channel is fucking horrible.

Not even mad, just frustrated that he's gotten worse at his job as a long time subscriber to him.
>>
>>72722899
To gain an alternative perspective you fucking cuck jesus christ
>>
File: 1322088456879.jpg (4KB, 189x230px) Image search: [Google]
1322088456879.jpg
4KB, 189x230px
>It's a pitchfork is giving albums good scores so Anthony has to be a contrarian episode

Gotta get them views
>>
File: chrisevans.gif (284KB, 108x147px) Image search: [Google]
chrisevans.gif
284KB, 108x147px
>>72724516
well thats cause youre a baddie
>>
>>72727617
So saying "oh I never looked at it that way" is not a change in opinion towards something?
>>
is /mu/ finally learning why being spoon fed by reviewers is a bad thing?
>>
Melonhead lost all credibility when he gave his MBDTF review
>>
I usually like Fantano but lately he's just literally been hating on everything p4k likes and viceversa
>>
>>72727603
>THEY CHANGED THEIR SOUND IN THE 17 YEARS THEY HAVEN'T RELEASED A RECORD
Didn't he also say they didn't change anything up for the s/t?
>>
>>72727744
He said something along the lines of its a bit updated sound, but the production is to clean. I understand if someone has a personal preference towards certain production styles, but I don't think that constitutes a 4, and it seems as if that is a major gripe of his. Its something he complains about often, and it seems to boil down to not enough character with clean production/its lower quality on purpose etc. While I do think a bit rougher production can add character to an album, I don't think thats necessarily something to hold against cleaner production.
>>
>>72727744
He doesn't like it when bands that have a lo-fi sound up their production to a clean sound

He thinks it """ruins their music""' when they do that. Basically he's a bitter entitled baby.
>>
fantano thinks shoegaze is a dead genre apparently with his recent twitter beef with nothing so his opinion on this album is void
>>
>>72727888
Nice trips, and you explained Famthony Suptano better than me>>72727851
>>
this is why mu is a joke
>>
>>72721539
So you've admitted that p4k chooses who they support based on political views rather than the merit of the actual music. That's stupid
>>
>>72727603
MORPHEUS MORPHEUS GO EAT SOME WALRUS ORIFICES
>>
>>72728594
just like fandingus
>>
>>72727603
>Oh and the National just released new music, can't wait for him to shit all over them too like he's always done because he's a literal faggot who doesn't like sad music with a baritone voice.
He's a total idiot at assessing sad or mellow music. It's like he can't handle real emotion. He'll go on and on about how some shitty hip hop mixtape is "sad" and "heartwrenching", but somehow always shits on The National, Antlers, etc.
>>
>some guy that makes youtube videos doesn't like an album you like
>write a wall of text attacking his character on an anime imageboard

This is why you millennials are not successful in anything you do, and never will be.
>>
>>72729273
dropped your fedora grandpa
>>
holy shit, he hated everyone knows and it's the best song on the album
>>
>>72723367
This
>>
>>72720208
nice unwound
>>
>>72729316
Jasper mean anything?
>>
>>72724636

Souvlaki > Pygmalion > S/T > Just For A Day

I get putting Pygmalion first but I personally find it to be a bit frontloaded.
>>
>>72719906
Say what you want about people leaving, but that doesn't change the fact that his numbers are still on up and up.
>>
>>72719906
His Logic review was very spot on though
>>
>>72729710
>the entire video is him complaining about "not muh 90s shoegaze"
>he says Everyone Knows is the most classically "Slowdive" song on the album, then proceeds to say it's the worst song on the album

I don't get Melonhead sometimes.
>>
>>72731859
Meme corrupts your brain. His other channel is really bringing his main channel down.
>>
Slowdive are so shit, i really have no idea why people suck their dick other than waifu and "i only ever listened to souvlaki and loveless"

I think everyone here is just blinded by waifu, look at Grimes, St Vincent, Kate Bush..
All terrible singers
>>
>>72722090
Death Grips, Injury Reserve, Run The Jewels. Just to name a few hip hop groups.
>>
>>72720543
he gave citizen zombie a 9
>>
>>72720006
Hi anthony
>>
>>72727603
>Not even mad, just frustrated
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>72733038
he is though, read any album review online that fantano has already covered all you see other critics using his opinions as their own
>>
>>72720113
>fuck this is me
>>
>>72732265
>/mu/ really believes fattano made DG and RTJ popular and people interested about the and not the fucking previously famous artists that got together to form them

my fucking sides
>>
>>72733102
Zach Hill was the only guy from Death Grips who had any kind of fame before dg, and I doubt a lot of hip hop fans cared or knew about his previous (more mathrocky) work at the time. So I deffo think it's possible dg would not have gotten such a big following without fantano... or at least fantano made them more popular than they would have been. The Money Store would probably not be top tier mucore if it wasn't for Fantano's 10/10...
Similar story with Spiderland, it wouldn't have gotten as much attention if it wasn't for Steve Albini's 10/10
>>
>>72724554
This one is just because Fantano is a fucking pleb when it comes to electronic music. He is focusing on the wrong things.
>>
>>72733148
thx for the laugh
>>
a 'light 4' is an apt summation of slowdive's entire career

their late-period resurgence is baffling
>>
>>72733184
thx for the good arguments against what I was saying, you really got me good
>>
>>72733214
you think RTJ got interest because a fat egghead on the internet gave it a high number on a video and not because it was the long awaited project of Killer Mike and El-P

you don't deserve arguments, you don't even deserve the laughs
>>
>>72720006
lol this is something anthony would write. he said something similar on twitter recently himself.
>>
>>72733214
i don't argue with the stupid. just laugh
>>
>>72720208
you must be smart since youre listening to aphex twin
>>
>>72721539
wow you are a good critique man. write some more reviews please about how artists are good because they are fun :)
>>
>>72733148
good post, please post it on r/deathgrips so i can upvote it.
>>
>>72721539
if fun is so important why aint fun. albums the best albums on the website?

checkmate ;)))))))
>>
>>72733244
lol what...
I should have mentioned that I'm not this guy -> >>72732265
I specifically didnt mention Run The Jewels in this post -> >>72733148 because I definitely don't think they got their fame thanks to Fantano, I only think Death Grips owes at least some of their success to Fantano

>>72733275
There probably are plenty of people there who got into death grips thanks to fantano, I mean, theres a pretty big overlap between fantano and death grips fans...
>>
>>72733172
I wonder what artists/albums he should focus on according to you.
>>
pretty shitty album
>>
>>72733258
Thanks, I am probably in the top 100 smartest alive right now

>>72720208
Nothing wrong with revisting some old favourites.
Also been listening to afx while I revise recently.
>>
>>72733577
>Nothing wrong with revisting some old favourites.
>Also been listening to afx while I revise recently.

meant for >>72722115
Thread posts: 236
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.