[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, what did /mu/ think of Slowdive's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: 2017.png (100KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
2017.png
100KB, 500x500px
Now that the dust has settled, what did /mu/ think of Slowdive's new album?
>>
Fuck it, it's a 5
>>
>>72717860
3 at best
>>
>>72717867
>>72717871
no meming in my thread kid
>>
File: file.png (17KB, 875x141px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
17KB, 875x141px
I have found out why it's not as amazing. The dynamic range is fucked
>>
Fuck it, check my 5
>>
the dust have not settled because the japanese bnus track 30th june still not upload yet
>>
my last digit is the actual objective rating
>>
Pretty great comeback record, I liked it more than MBV's in 2013
>>
>>72718054
more info
http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=&album=slowdive
>>
has anyone got the vinyl?
>>
Fantastic album. Will make my top 30-50 by the end of the year. The modern production really helps this record out and separates itself from early slowdive releases, yet the music still has its soul.

Kinda falls in quality the last half or so, but not derailing my enjoyment of the album or anything
>>
>>72718466
the production isn't very good though?
>>
The number at the end of my post/10
>>
>>72718054
>>72718342
Can you explain what all this means?
>>
>>72718476
it's so flat
the vocals don't offer nearly as much impact as they do on earlier releases
it's still a pretty good record but like 7/10 at most
>>
CHECK THIS 5

The album sucks btw
>>
>>72717860
disgusting
>>
>>72718550
it has shit mixing
>>
>>72718550
the quiet parts are not that quiet compared to the loud parts throughout the song. It's basically made for shitty apple earbuds
>>
>>72718550
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gmex_4hreQ
>>
>>72718476
>>72718557
>>72718598
I get why people wouldn't like the tone of the production, but to call the production "bad" or "poor", is just plain ignorant to be honest. obviously the soundscapes are exactly what Slowdive wanted and I thought they executed incredibly well. The instruments melt with one another and don't bleed through too much, yet the individual instruments and tonalities are incredibly clear.
>>
>>72718571
I bet your AOTYSF is kendrick
>>
>>72718985
both new kendrick and slowdive are terrible you normie
>>
>>72719256
i bet you listen to anime soundtracks
>>
>>72719384
anime soundtracks > kendrick
for the most part tbqh
>>
>>72719384
wrong again buddy

shit tier awareness you retard normie
>>
>>72719423
what's your favourite soundtrack then
>>
>>72717860
Light to decent 4
>>
>>72719404
Fuck it, its a fag
>>
I thought it was at least an 8 before the Fantano review, now I think it's terrible
>>
>>72720173
fucking tastetrender
>>
It was great, fuck Fantano desu.
>>
>>72718156
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZiBd1iGC3o
>>
I'd give it an 8, great record but sounds too much like the bands that were influenced by them (ie DIIV). Souvlaki and Pygmalion were miles better. Btw you guys were literally dick riding the shit outta this album until fantano gave it a 4 and all of a sudden it's shit.
>>
i've decided mbv was better
>>
DIIV's Oshin is a better dreampop album than this piece of shit
>>
A bit spotty overall maybe, there's no real bad tracks but the good ones are so good that I think they raise the album as a whole. Slowmo has so much soul and emotion.
>>
It's solid, and about as good as their 90s stuff. Slowdive's always been a mid 7 - low 8 band to me and this new stuff slots right into that range.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.