[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you realize how much music there is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 1494156800569.jpg (165KB, 1080x990px) Image search: [Google]
1494156800569.jpg
165KB, 1080x990px
>tfw you realize how much music there is
>>
That's fine. Of all there is, most of it isn't very good.
>>
>>72712802
/thread
>>
File: 1483684423523.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483684423523.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
>tfw you realize how little good music there is
>>
>>72712711
/mu/, there is an over-saturation of music. People keep making more music, but nobody is making less music.
Eventually, We will have too much music.

How do we make there be less music?
>>
wtf, how much is one music? can u have just "one" music? wtf r u trasher? go back to fuckn bongo.
i tell ya, i listen to so fuckn many different kind of music, but hell yeah, there is no fuckn way to discover all music for any time.
>>
>>72713273
legally ban a certain range of frequencies from being used in songs
>>
>>72712711
It's overwhelming, I know. The maybe we should just permanently delete some of it.
>>
File: 1493089875026.jpg (68KB, 1010x897px) Image search: [Google]
1493089875026.jpg
68KB, 1010x897px
>>72713273
some day, all physical media (including digital media, which is stored on a physical body) will cease to be

long after we're all dead, perhaps in millions to billions of years, your favorite album will literally cease to exist

in fact, it's ebbing away on a microscopic scale every day

Even if you were immortal, you could never experience the full scope of music.
>>
Ya
>>
>>72713322
Ya*
>>
thats what iam talking about holy sh it. u cant put music into a value. because music are just frequencies adapted from human ears, there are endless combinations. and what makes music to be music. just ur fuckn oppinion of what it should be. if u say, u store music, then its pretty much irrelevant, because music (freqs) are always there. its the combination. cosmis freqs could be music and could be your favourite album with a chance of less then 0.00000000000000001%.

ps: fk i hate engish cant complain
>>
>>72713479
ye
>>
I don't like to think about these things.
>>
>>72713329
It is slowly happening. I was taught that when the printing press was invented as far as academics know, nothing that was known at the time was then lost. It feels like a similar time with digital, but I don't think every cd era music will survive.

>>72712711
For one of the best musicians he had to lock himself away for months to be able to perform six songs. He didn't have time in his life to play everything he wanted. But also, for the way he played it probably took such concentration that after it was performed as he wanted, it was gone forever.
>>
File: 1489875574181.png (176KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1489875574181.png
176KB, 550x512px
>>72712711
>TENS OF MILLIONS tracks already exist
>THOUSANDS new shitty copypaste songs coming out daily
>Every 30 minute a new track
So theres more crap than we can ever go through. Why bother producing anymore? We dont need more shit nobody has time like fuck if you start listening and your son continues and his son continues listening YOU WOULDNT EVEN GO THROUGH HALF OF IT

This might trap like 10 years of your life, is it worth it?

>>72714546
>i dont like to think
back to r/music
>>
>>72715649
there was already more music than you could ever listen to before you were born, i'm willing to bet there's music you like that has been released since your birth, so what was the point of that music in that case
>>
Let me tell you what genres to discard as a whole
>reggaeton
>salsa after 2003
>>
File: Radiohead-Kid-A.jpg (1MB, 1500x1485px) Image search: [Google]
Radiohead-Kid-A.jpg
1MB, 1500x1485px
>>72712711
I personally feel like at least every genre has at least one decent (not necessarily excellent or amazing) album, so I don't see the harm in it.

Besides, I subscribe to the camp that great music wouldn't be nearly as great if it WASN'T surrounded by a sea of mediocrity.

Posting this not because its a timeless masterpiece, but compared to what else was released at the time it was, if not anything else, intriguing.
and...
[spoiler] IT BROKE NEW GROUND!!!! [/spoiler]
>>
>>72715649
Maybe because exceptional pieces will sift their way through despite us all
>>
>>72715765
just put 5 millions into advertising and anything is exceptional
>>
>>72715795
You know that the reverse is true
>>
>>72715734
did u know about radio heads new messageboard its something like msgboard.radiohead.com
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.