[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We need to talk about Sign of the Times

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN4ooNx77u0

So Harry Styles came out with a new song, Sign of the Times. At first I thought this song would sound prety bad because he is from a shitty boyband, but when I listened to it it actually surprised me. It reminded me late 1960's - Early 1970's British music.

Although I am not too sure what the lyrics mean, but that is usually the case with most music you listen to a couple times.

What I like about this song is that there is no
>Chorus at the beginning of the song to grab people's 4-second attention spans
>Really good vocals
>60-70's aesthetics
>Not a formulaic type song
>NO FUCKING BRIDGE
>Pretty good music video
>>
>>72709500
wait I fucked up that list with that I do and don't like

you know what I mean
>>
File: styles.png (164KB, 513x552px) Image search: [Google]
styles.png
164KB, 513x552px
>>72709500
I'm going to have to agree with Spin on this one.
>>
1. You're a bit late on this
2. There's already a Harry Styles thread up rn

The album comes out on friday so we'll see how it all holds up then, im pretty excited
>>
>>72709500
bridges are fine, everybody writes them
>really good vocals
I can't tell if he can sing well because it seems to have such heavy studio modification
>>
>>72709545
Yeah but they are kinda annoying when there is a stupid """sad""" part of the song that doesn't need to be there

Just continue on with the song.
>>
>>Not a formulaic type song
>>
>>72709500
garbage parts of this song
>the random noise build up that appears in the third measure, second verse, and bridge for ADD normies
>personally don't like how he says bullet
>how the slide guitar is used to simulate an edm build up

but those strings are amazing and i like the guitar sounds, especially the slide. overall 7/10 song. it won't last on the top 40 unless he does a big performance at the next award show. if this inspires more pop rock on the charts i'll bump this to an 8 or 9 .
>>
>>72709500
Dude, no. The song's like six minutes long, which is three minutes too long. He wastes his time repeating nonsensical lyrics like:
>You look pretty good from here, but you ain't really good.
I was hoping for a good rock song from him, but this isn't it. What's sad is this is the best single he's released compared to his other singles.
>>
>>72709500
boring ass chord progression and arranging
>>
the piano part sounds stupidly simple but I bet he didnt bother to play it himself
>>
>>72709545
There's a live version on SNL. His vocals are shot. He pulled weirdly-pained faces while singing and crapped out of the falsetto. Then again, I'm not surprised. His voice has been destroyed since 2013 because of straining.
>>
>>72709500
I liked the song when it first came out and was surprised like everyone else but now that time has passed I really hate it.
>>
Dude's the next Bowie
>>
>>72709640
I don't care for this song really but his performance on the Graham Norton show was actually strong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8R-zl7SDUU
>>
>>72709500
STOP MAKING THREADS ABOUT THIS SONG EVERYDAY.

I love the song and I'm excited about the album, but stop trying to force it on /mu/.
>>
>>72709861
How are you excited? I've listened to his other three singles and they all sound worse than this, if that was possible. I used to be excited, but now I feel disheartened. The album's gonna suck. Then he'll drop the rock act and run off to go do shitty pop since he needs to pay back the label.
>>
op is just getting on the pop bandwagon. its been going on for years
>>
>>72709917
I only heard Sign of the Times and Sweet Creature. He's only performed the other two live, right?
>>
>Using Nick Drake's profound lyricism for your pop album.
>>
>>72709997
Yeah, he's done Ever Since New York on SNL and Carolina on the Today show. Carolina's his only upbeat song released so far, but it wasn't very impressive. Ever Since New York is terrible, don't bother wasting time listening to it.
>>
>>72710628
I'm gonna listen to the whole album when it comes out tomorrow tonight.
>>
>>72709500
It's not good, dude. It's got 1 tolerable minute repeated 5 more times. And 80% of all that is the chorus over & over again.

Niall's fucking new single Slow Hands is somehow better than all 3 of the songs Harry's put out so far

>>72709609
This is exactly right
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.