[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

most overrated band ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1058.jpg (66KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1058.jpg
66KB, 500x500px
Why do people worship this bland band? Their first record was a decent commercial rock record. After that it was all downhill. When they realized they were out of hits they tried desperately to manufacture a fake image of being an "art rock band" to appeal to the same nirvana and greenday worshiping hipsters who put them down. It worked they bought it hook, line and sinker even as they purposely included pop hits on their "indie albums" such as Better Man. They knew grunge was dying out anyway and bands like Korn took over the second Cobain was found in that attic. They were too lazy and enjoying their riches from Ten to go out on tour so they made up the lie they were boycotting Ticketmaster to protest unfair prices the fans couldn't afford. All so they could lay around and video game and smoke weed for awhile. Then they suddenly decided they were going to be a political band. They supported the disgusting west Memphis 3 gothic rapists and child killers because it was the liberal thing to do. After all those guys MUST have been fucking innocent if a coke headed liberal film director said they were. Remember in 2003 they hated Bush for the war in Iraq? They said they hated war. Then Obama campaigned on a peace platform saying he would end the war which he didn't. Yet that didn't matter to Eddie Vedder. All that mattered was Obama was a democrat so that made the same war he hated suddenly good! Of course real rock fans see through their fakeness. But it's the hipsters who still insist Green Day is a punk band and that they watch Game of Thrones because of the "story" that say these corporate dick riders and all around douchebags are "the greatest band ever". These guys aren't even a top 50 grunge band. Even Nickelback is better. Eddies voice is horrible. Just like the guy in Hellyeah he's a rich kid from the Chicago suburbs trying to sing like a southerner and failing. No wonder rock n roll hall and rolling stone magazine loves them!
>>
>>72706921
Nobody thinks they are any good
>>
>>72706977
I know somebody who does.
>>
>>72706921
At least you gave credit where it's due. Korn taking over was a wave of its own and was far more reaching and impactful than nirvana and the grunge movement.
>>
>>72706977
a fuck ton of people do
>>
>>72707050
There were also far better grunge and new metal bands that didn't get a fraction of the credit. Pearl Jam is as bad as Limp Bizkit yet somehow was far more popular.
>>
I'm the first to give the benefit of the doubt to popular bands like this but I really don't know either. They have like 3 good songs and the rest is shit.
>>
>>72706921
Although some of this is OTT I admit their first album is far and away their best.
>>
>>72706921
>they tried desperately to manufacture a fake image of being an "art rock band"
[citation needed]

Also
>art rock fans of Nirvana and Greenday
Are you 12? Be honest
>>
>>72707432
the first album is arena rock bullshit
>>
>>72707362
They also support wm3
>>
>>72707003
What's his name?
>>
>>72707362
They are the biggest rock band today despite this
>>
Vs. is their best album
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.