[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is this forgotten on mu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0070.png (75KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0070.png
75KB, 300x300px
why is this forgotten on mu
>>
>>72694664
Isn't forgotten to me. Fucking 10/10 album.
>>
bland dadrock how the fuck are wilco country or krautrock influenced at all
>>
>>72694922
i have a feeling yfh is older than you are
>>
>>72694922
>he hasn't heard Spiders or Art of Almost
>>
>>72694953
Jesus, Etc puts me in such a relaxed mood to this day. Love it.
>>
>>72694922
also what the fuck
>how the fuck are wilco country influenced
do you know what Uncle Tupelo is?
>>
>>72694664
Real talk. Wilco is great beyond this album. Summerteeth, Being There, and a Ghost is Born are all great. AM is pretty good, as is Sky Blue Sky (in it's own way) and The Whole Love. I didn't really like Wilco the album as much save for a couple songs. Same with Star Wars and Schmilco.

They're still a good live band. Saw them back in 2015.

You all should check out Uncle Tupelo too if you already haven't. Alt-country is my shit.
>>
>>72695031
So I started thinking about how much I love Wilco, but I realized I'm missing a lot of their discog. I have A Ghost is Born, Schmilco, Yankee and The Mermaid Sessions. What should I go for now? Thinking of getting either the Whole Love or Summerteeth
>>
>>72695073
listen to Summerteeth ASAP man
>>
this has been on my backlog since 2009
>>
>>72694664
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPG6xDK3mK8

best non-wilco tweedey song
>>
>>72695031
Uncle Tupelo vs Whiskeytown, who wins to you?

I like Uncle Tupelo plenty, as well as Son Volt and Wilco, but Whiskeytown/Ryan Adams are the masters of alt-country to me.
>>
>>72694664
shit album
>>
Because teenagers couldn't give less of a shit about early 2k indie, and that's a damn shame.
>>72695177
See, children don't care anymore.
>>
>>72695073
Summerteeth is great. I haven't listened to the whole love yet though.
>>
>>72695176
i gotta agree with you here, but I still think uncle tupelo cracks the top 3-5 alt country bands no question
>>
>>72695096
>>72695192
Okay thanks dudes will do. Is it better than Yankee? Because thats my favorite of the one I've heard
>>
>>72695201
No disagreements here, they're fantastic. I just for whatever reason never see Ryan Adams or Whiskeytown appreciated here as much as I feel they deserve.

>>72695207
Yankee is my favourite by a decent amount. Summerteeth is probably my third, maybe fourth ranked album by them, I dunno. I rate Sky Blue Sky pretty high though.
>>
>>72695207
summerteeth is the one that comes closest to YHF, for me personally. Not just in quality, but in vibe as well
>>
>>72695237
that's because as enlightened as this board likes to think they are about music, people on it are still by and large ignorant of country music, often willfully. I think of all the genres, country has the hardest time being seen as artful music in pretty much all "serious" circles, so people dismiss that, along with other genres or bands that aren't cool to like.

Like how often do you even see Bon Iver get discussed on here anymore? Or vampire weekend? or the national? A lot of the bands that have truly hit the mainstream have disappeared from the discussion on this board as their potential cool factor evaporated.
>>
>>72694664
Probably because it's garbage
>>
>>72695188
I find myself agreeing with so much of the shit you post man
>>
>>72694664
Boring Ok Computer wannabe. It has a couple decent tracks but it's forgettable overall.
>>
>>72695272
hot take everybody, stand the fuck back
>>
>>72691549

Americana thread up in anyone is interested. Alt country of course welcome. Trying to make this a regular thi ng.
>>
>>72695291
wait, do you actually think this album sounds like/is trying to ape ok computer? i legitimately don't understand how anybody could listen to both of those albums even one time and walk away with that conclusion, they have completely different styles, themes, instrumentation, etc.
>>
File: 1439667243774.jpg (20KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1439667243774.jpg
20KB, 400x300px
>>72695289
Thanks, anon.
>>72695291
>Radiohead is the only rock group to experiment with electronics and unusual production.
Underage need to leave.
>>
>>72695413
Name some others than have done it on a similar level, much less made the daring leap from straight up rock to experimental rock to electronic.
>>
>>72695426
Kraftwerk went from rock to electronic like 30 years before Radiohead did. Not to mention pretty much the whole krautrock scene incorporated electronics as a fundamental element into their version of rock.
>>
>>72695426
wilco's albums (esp in the summerteeth/YHF period and before) are much more acoustic and roots/country influenced than radioheads, which have much more electronic and traditional rock elements. just because a band decides to fiddle with their production doesn't mean they're automatically ripping off OK Computer, I mean jesus, how deep does Thom's cock have to be down your throat for you to think that?
>>
>>72695426
Just to ruffle your feathers, U2 with Achtung Baby and zooropa
Flaming Lips used absured amounts of studio wizardry on The Soft Bulletin and Zaireeka, and they've continued to use odd studio technology through out their career.
Adrian Belew has been able to make his guitar sound like a full menagerie of animals for the longest time now and has done it on many albums with various bands, Sweet Trip's Velocity; Design; Comfort is a glorious blend of glitch and Shoegaze. These aren't hidden jems because it's a natural progression to adopt nee technology.
>>
>>72695505
>>72695509
>>72695519
Fuck off already samefaggot.
>>
>>72695527
whoops
>>
>>72695527
>implying I'd drop trip to prove a point.
I only do that to say good bye and wish them well on their journey when they tell me they filtered me.
>>
>>72695519
>U2
>change their sound
nice meme
>>
File: 1475457922177.jpg (42KB, 568x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475457922177.jpg
42KB, 568x720px
>>72695615
>claims I'm memeing
>spouting a meme himslef
I hope you're being ironic, anon, otherwise I'm going to have to tell your parents you're on an 18+ website for Taiwanese trap enthusiasts.
>>
Wilco is great yea
>>
>>72695031
This. I got into the first three Wilco and dug them ok but after getting into Uncle Tupelo and coming back to Wilco I had a new appreciation for Tweedy's growth as an artist.

AM and Being There are pretty underrated. Summerteeth and YHF are rightfully considered great albums and a Ghost is Born is pretty great too. I'll admit I'm not into their last few albums as much, but they're not bad by any means.

I really do think Uncle Tupelo and the first 2 Wilco albums are way too overlooked though. As is Jay Farrar's first solo album.
>>
Rec me some poppy slowcore similar to yankee
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.