[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rock music 94-2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

Name a good rock band that has their hay day after '94.

> you can't

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/peter-criss-rock-is-dead/
>>
n.w.a.
>>
Weezer
>>
>>72694546
Death released Symbolic in 1995 and The Sound of Perseverance in 1998.
Cryptopsy released None So Vile in 1995 and Whisper Supremacy in 1998.
Edge of Sanity released Crimson in 1995.
Gorguts released Obscura in 1998.

Good bait, I had fun responding.
>>
>>72694546
The Strokes, White Stripes, Interpol, the Killers, and Foster the People all were massively popular. Walk the Moon and Paramore each had a top 10 hit 2 and 3 years ago respectively. Whether they were good or not is a matter of personal taste.
>>
Tortoise
Battles
Boredoms
>>
>>72694546

Just off the top of my head some Japanese psychedelic groups like Boredoms and Acid Mothers Temple. Also, plenty of metal bands but /mu/ has a pathological aversion to metal for some reason so they'll just arbitrarily claim that that's "incorrect".
>>
>>72694626
Came here to post these and Don Cab.
>>
>>72694635
dude mettul sucks and is for kidz lmao
>>
Radiohead
>>
>>72694635
Metal is inherently an immature genre, not like my culturally enriched nigger grunts talking about muh dick and muh gun and muh money and muh hoes.
>>
>>72694546
the strokes arctic monkeys smashingpumpkins radiohaad nwa thrice mbv radioheadradiohaed sick jams
>>
I said good guys.
>>
Weezer is debatable.
>>
>>72694546
varg is a good man
>>
>>72694770
Don Cab
Battles
Unwound
Polvo
Drive Like Jehu
>>
>>72694635

bogpill me on metal. the only guys i ever knew to really love metal were both classically trained musicians and into classical music and orchestras. i'm not really into seeing classical music other than once in a while for artistic merit and i feel i don't jive with the emotion behind metal
>>
>>72696441
>Unwound
>Polvo
>Drive Like Jehu
all these bands had their best releases in 1994
>>
>>72696465
The best death/black metal is some of the best music out there period. It takes a while to understand its language but is very rewarding. Not for people who just want muh feels.
>>
>>72696519

i was going to say that i'm not an only feels listener but i guess i am. what are you talking about when you say "understand the language". i'm not one of those fags who thinks metal is objectively bad, there's just clearly something i don't get about metal, that's why i'm asking the question
>>
>>72694546
Modest Mouse
>>
>>72694546

Melvins
>>
>>72696546
It's just a fancy analogy for getting metal. As in you see the what put you off previously in a new light and enjoy it. There's certain metal that took me months or even upwards of a year of every once in a while checking in on before I "got" it.
>>
>>72694546
Modest Mouse, Pavement
>>
>>72696481
>new plastic ideas is better than leaves
well that's just flat our wrong my man

also women
>>
OP on supersize watch
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.