[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/remg/ R.E.M. general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: 04479700142.jpg (215KB, 900x892px) Image search: [Google]
04479700142.jpg
215KB, 900x892px
let's talk about R.E.M.
>>
please talk about R.E.M.
>>
good band
>>
Harborcoat best song
>>
New Adventures in Hi Fi is my favorite album of theirs
>>
Let's talk about sex, baby
>>
Are they ever going to tour again? I never got to see them live.
>>
>>72692397
better than fucking u2 general for sure

i hate those fags
>>
talk about the passion
>>
>>72692638
they broke up :(
>>
>>72692672
I know that but so did the police
>>
>>72692638
Highly doubtful. They were a band for 31 years and seem to be the type to call it a career and stick to it. It's a shame too cause they were absolutely spectacular live.
>>
Anyone else notice that song "Don't go back to Rockville" started getting played more after that Rockville HS rape controversy?

I literally never heard it on the radio before a couple months ago and now I've heard it several times in the last few weeks.
>>
>>72692611
Weird way to spell Exhuming McCarthy
>>
>>72692699
The Police toured 20 years after they broke up though
>>
>>72692668
Agreed. U2 sucks dick. Keep that shit buried in the mid 2000s where it belongs
>>
>>72692827
>Keep that shit buried in the mid 2000s where it belongs
I swear this shit is bait. I think there's some guy playing both sides
>>
Are any of the albums after Hi Fi worth checking out?
>>
>>72692874
How is that bait? Do you remember that era? Fucking Vertigo and that stupid iPod commercial, fucking Beautiful Day, fucking Elevation from the Tomb Raider movie, fucking U2 winning a million Grammys for that trash album, fucking Bono becoming buddies with Bush and appearing everywhere he wasn't wanted? They fell off completely since then except for that iTunes thing which everyone hated anyway. There's a reason for that. They suck. Obviously, they weren't created in the mid-2000s but that was when they were actually huge and not total literally whos.
>>
>>72692907
Up's pretty good.
>>
>>72692907
Up, Reveal, and Accelerate are all solid albums with some R.E.M. gems in them. Collapse Into Now is ok but you can tell they were out of gas and weren't really looking to refuel anymore. Even Around the Sun isn't as bad as it's given shit for.
>>
>>72692920
Just have your (You).
>>
R.E.M. and U2 were contemporaries from the early 80s to about the year 2000 whose careers started in a very similar genre field and followed very similar trajectories (particularly when it comes to the bands' success in America and entry into the mainstream). The members are all good friends with each other and have played live together. Quit acting retarded
>>
>>72692397
Top 5 REM albums m8s?

mine, in order:

>Murmur
>Automatic For the People
>Reckoning
>Document
>Fables
>>
SHINY HAPPY PEOPLE
>>
>>72693066
>no Green
>>
>>72692722
weird way to spell Finest Worksong
>>
>>72693066
Automatic For the People
Murmur
Fables of the Reconstruction
New Adventures in Hi-Fi
Lifes Rich Pageant
>>
>>72692907
yes
>>
Damn...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0O_QD-UZ8M
>>
>>72693816
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS0Y1mGiSUg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpt2_8eA0A0
>>
>>72693159
weird way to spell Nightswimming
or Star Me Kitten
>>
This song is better than everything The Smiths ever did but everything else I ever heard by R.E.M. bores the fuck out of me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO6N8lQMBYM
>>
If I only like Automatic and out of time so far am i a pleb? Do they get more interesting than that?

Murmur was eh, I listened to monster a while back and only remember recognizing that cobain nicked and idea for the chorus of Aneurysm off of it
>>
>>72694158
if you like automatic and out of time you'll probably like new adventures in hi fi

i can definitely understand not thinking too much of murmur. it can sound pretty "dry" after being exposed to the stuff on automatic.

life's rich pageant and document are pretty much perfect tho
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.