[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stars of the Lid Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Tired.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Tired.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
Mu I just listened to this for the first time and holy shit I love it. I adore this album. Can We talk about Stars of the Lid?
>>
>>72692292
Stars are dope, check out A Winged Victory For The Sullen too it's Adam with a pianist
>>
and their refinement is their best album
>>
>>72692292
>>72692428

Got me through college studies
>>
>>72692428
also this yeah
>>
>>72692292
yeah that's a classic of the genre OP, glad you gave it a listen. seconding A winged victory for the sullen's self-titled

what's your favorite tired sounds track/s? Austin Texas Mental Hospital for me
>>
From a review I wrote:

Music is supposed to be one or more of these things: emotional, interesting, energetic, relaxing, impressive, textured, groovy(for lack of a better word), psychedelic, and many more. This album is scarcely any of those (or anything else).

It surprises me that so much of The Tired Sounds of Stars of the Lid does absolutely nothing for me. Yes, there are a few beautiful pieces here, such as Requiem for Dying Mothers part 1, Gasfarming and Piano Acquieu, but the overwhelming majority of this album is, well, underwhelming. And it's not because it's ambient music, there's plenty of interesting ambient out there, but this not usually interesting. It's not particularly relaxing, either. It rarely has any sort of mood or aesthetic.

Brian Eno claimed the goal of ambient music is to create music "as interesting as it is ignorable," so at least The Tired Sounds of Stars of the Lid got the "ignorable" part right. As is the case with so many of these kinds of albums, there's an outstanding album that's just 40 minutes long somewhere in here. You just have to trim out the fat.

2.5/5
>>
>>72692631
you said next to nothing here beyond your arbitrary definition of what music "should" be (red flag for amateur music reviewer) and that you didn't like the album

good job
>>
>>72692631
>not relaxing, emotional, textured
Did you even listen to it?
Also you really defined music?
>>
>>72692631
nice b8
>>
>>72692631
this gave me a hernia
>>
>>72692678
>>72692729
>>72692901
>>72692955
I'm sorry
>>
>>72692970
it's ok
>>
File: 1459425743901.jpg (74KB, 423x531px) Image search: [Google]
1459425743901.jpg
74KB, 423x531px
>>72692970
>>72692631
>but the overwhelming majority of this album is, well, underwhelming
>so at least The Tired Sounds of Stars of the Lid got the "ignorable" part right

The only reason this is so hard to read is that you're attempting to come across as aloof. Cut out the jokes and be more specific.

>textured, groovy(for lack of a better word), psychedelic, and many more
>and many more
This is a phrase you should never use again.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.