[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I a pleb for liking this album un-ironically ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: Floral_Shoppe_Alt_Cover.jpg (31KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
Floral_Shoppe_Alt_Cover.jpg
31KB, 316x316px
Am I a pleb for liking this album un-ironically ?
>>
>>72688633
Half or less than half the songs are good. Can't really remember. That 420 is good. But the rest is pretty unlistenable.
>>
>>72688672
This, not even worth listening past the first two
>cool vaporwave song
>literally slowed-down Diana Ross
>rest of the songs are horrible "ambient" filler
>>
>>72688633
yes and underage too
>>
You're a pleb if you like vaporwave or Floral Shoppe, but have never listened to Eccojams.
>>
>>72688633
No, it's actually a pretty good pleb filter

If your appreciation of vaporwave is "haha marble statues and japanese text the 80s lmao" then you're a total pedestrian that doesn't understand that things can be stylised for some kind of purpose

At this point the album has been memed into the ground but that album was really special when it came out. I'm so glad it happened
>>
You're a pleb if you have to ask if you're a pleb. If you like it who fucking cares.
>>
Just listen to actual 80s music
>>
>>72689642
Pretty much
The logical conclusion to an interest in vaporwave is to just cut out the memes and the 15 layers of quasi-meta-irony and listen to the material that vaporwave artists are taking from in the first place
That isn't to say there aren't genuinely good artists who play rippy bits and make something new, they're just exceedingly rare
>>
naw OP it's worth a listen

CAUSE I ONLY HAVE EEEEEEYYYEES
FOOOOOOR YOUUUUUU
HHHEEEEEEEEAAAAAAUUUUUH

deaths dynamic shroud.wmv is actually amazing though, try diving into what's left of the vaporwave scene in 2017
some cool stuff
>>
>>72688633
Just listen to "It's Your Move" It's a good song.
>>
>>72688672
wrong. listen to it again.
>>72688789
that slowed down diana ross song is THE most definitive song of the genre regardless of how it was constructed or if you like it.
>ambient is filler
last time i checked the only vaporwave album that /mu/ even likes anymore is ambient, also not even really vaporwave.
>>72689642
most 80s music doesn't have the same atmosphere created by slowing it down or the glitch elements
>>72690061
this guy knows whats up. the past few years have had a pretty decent resurgence in old style vaporwave
https://superthrift.bandcamp.com/album/-
https://lookingthroughsheets.bandcamp.com/album/centurion
>>
File: diana-ross-swept-away1.jpg (44KB, 498x500px) Image search: [Google]
diana-ross-swept-away1.jpg
44KB, 498x500px
>>72689695
I agree.

First listening to Floral Shoppe, specifically 420, got me hooked on Diana Ross deep cuts and now I listen all the time.
>>
>>72689695
People like Vaporwave specifialy for the washed out aesthetics.

It isn't just the 80's-ness, it's the post-2000s, post 9/11 backwash of that 80's/90's ceaseless optimism, relentless consumerism, and globalism circlejerk that's interesting. Like walking through an old shopling mall made in the 60's that was big in the 80's that you made your childhood in during the 90's, now crumbling away and littered with weeds during the 00s and finally demolished a few weeks ago.

That's what vaporwave feels like. Artifacts of times long past, not simply nostalgia for any particular aesthetic.
>>
>>72691301
>00s and finally demolished a few weeks ago

This is so eerily similar to my own experiences, down to the even recent demolition.

I think people can relate with it on some freaky similar level and it's just pure coincidence.
>>
>>72689642
>>72689695
>missing the point this hard

>>72691301
This guy gets it. Unfortunately the ideology behind it far surpasses the actual music 99% of the time.
>>
I love vaporwave because of its nostalgia. reminds me of my home Puerto Rico. reminds me of my youth spent there in the early 2000s.So in short you are not a faggot for listening to it as long as you enjoy it. however you are a faggot for questioning your taste
>>
>>72690231
it's definitive cause it got memed to hell and back by facebook A E S T H E T I C mouthbreathers. I won't deny it's status in the genre, but it's shite.
>>
>>72691711
wrong.
>>
>>72691301
>>72690231
>>72691455
Go write a fucking dissertation on vaporwave then.

You can listen to straight up 80s music as an artifact of times past, I don't need some fucking tranny to slow it down and glitch it up to remind me what year it is now and that this year isn't the same as 1986.
>>
There's a reason this genre is a fucking meme. Actual Vaporwave evolved away from this and Eccojams just so it could be taken seriously-- even then Eccojams is the best album Vaporwave has ever yielded.
>>
>>72691795
>stop listening to what i dont like
why are you in this thread again?
>>
>>72691830
>mansplaining vaporwave to me
>being offended when your explanation is stupid
>>
>>72691891
u mad bitchboi? get outta my thread kid
>>
>>72691891
>complaining about "mansplaining" on an almost all male website
>insulting the intellect of other people

So epic
>>
>>72691964
>feeling like your intellect is being insulted
>>
>>72692177
>feeling like you have any
>>
>>72692282
>feeling
>>
File: a0902382915_10.jpg (146KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
a0902382915_10.jpg
146KB, 900x900px
>>
File: b.png (215KB, 384x389px) Image search: [Google]
b.png
215KB, 384x389px
>>72688789
So this is what happens when the pleb filters come after
>>
>>72692552
The old cover was better. I don't know why he changed it.

Anyways, I've always felt that Vaporwave was just a re-imagining of the chopped and screwed genre, because most of the early stuff really just boils down to that. The other half is reminiscent of French House crap that is played off as "Vaporwave", and the rest isn't even Vaporwave. Vaporwave had some sort of potential at the beginning of it's lifespan, but it was quickly destroyed by people taking it way to seriously. Even to the point of having it pressed on vinyl and reviewed by The Rolling Stone (looking at you 2814, you fruitbowl ass album)

Also, every album having a cassette now is honestly fucking stupid.
>>
>>72691301
this

I fucking love 80s music
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.