[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: Pitchfork.jpg (23KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Pitchfork.jpg
23KB, 512x512px
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-09+at+05.18.23).jpg (64KB, 683x552px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-09+at+05.18.23).jpg
64KB, 683x552px
>>
Pitchfork was always bad for music. It just took a while for it to become obvious. They seemed for a while to be mysterious and have good taste, but their pattern of hyping up random bands and them dropping them by their 2nd album got old.
>>
they became the establishment
>>
Just use tiny mixtape.
>>
time destroys all things

rolling stone magazine was was an edgy rag-tag band of rogue miscreant journalists

it will happen to all of us
>>
>>72686903
Is there anything else similar to Tiny Mix Tape? that focus on experimental/avant-garde music?
>>
>>72686508
They started reviewing music
>>
Capitalism and the left wing
>>
>>72687619
>I lost respect for TMT when they gave Lemonade a 5/5
imagine being this autistic
>>
>>72686508
They've been embarrassing for a long time, with the super pretentious writing where you can basically skip the first three paragraphs of each review while they talk about some barely related personal story.

Then there's deleting stuff and changing reviews to fit in with current trends, which basically discredits whatever they do.

Also the identity politics they've been bringing on lately. And did anyone else read that article where they had their writers talk about what they've been listening to while "recovering" from Trump's election? It's hilariously pathetic regardless of if you're left or right.

And slightly more recently the long article talking about Beyonce's pregnancy photos that ends with
"Perhaps only time will tell if Beyoncé’s power widens the lexicon of beauty and female control of their image for girls and women who aspire to be just like her—a dragon breathing fire, with beautiful mane, like a lion. But what we know now, and perhaps knew on some level before, is that Beyoncé is a Venus of our times."
>>
>>72688325
>>
wouldn't it be cool if instead of making constant threads whining about pitchfork we talked about other music publications instead

or is that too logical
>>
>>72688596
Well go make one then
>>
>>72688596
Like what? Fantano? other YT reviewers? altpress? npr? rolling stone?
>>
>>72688420
> Beyoncé is a Venus of our times

I'm not a pitchfork hater but wow that really is fucking embarrassing
>>
>>72688630
I do every now and then

>>72688655
npr is cool
I was thinking tmt or noisey or stereogum but I am open to anything that breaks up the monotony of "wahhh pitchfork stopped pandering to my demographic so now I suddenly realized they're a bad site"
>>
>>72688420
Why tf does everyone worship Beyonce like she's a literal goddess? None of her songs are memorable, and whenever poptimists nut themselves over her music it's because of how "timely" and "woke" it is when you never even hear her on the radio other than a handful of older hits.
>>
>>72688819
because she's a good singer and a better performer who has managed to maintain relevance since the nineties which is long enough that you can craft a mythos around yourself and people will buy into it no matter how silly since you've proven yourself in your field
>>
>>72688655

CLRVYNT is good
>>
>>72688582
>>
>>72688819
>Why tf does everyone worship Beyonce like she's a literal goddess?
why not?

>None of her songs are memorable
simply not true
plus Lemonade is legitimately one of the best pop albums of this decade
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 541x423px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 541x423px
>>72686508
>>
>>72688325
haha le autistic meme simply eric famalam here have your gold
>>
>>72688420
nice digits

my favorite was 15 ways to protest trump by buying new music, because buying shit is definitely the best way to express your voice politically
>>
>>72687495
The Quietus
FACT Mag
>>
File: uu20ltpc8ijy.jpg (172KB, 1026x767px) Image search: [Google]
uu20ltpc8ijy.jpg
172KB, 1026x767px
they're going political now
>>
yankee fox trot hotel - 10
the bends - 10
OK computer - 10
Kid A - 10
MBDTF - 10

they were never good, went from sucking rock cock to sucking rap cock, i'm honestly amazed they didn't give TBAP a 10
>>
>>72688819
Because she's a black woman that white people can point to and be like "see, I like her, I'm woke, give me brownie points!"
>>
File: nbv.jpg (2KB, 97x97px) Image search: [Google]
nbv.jpg
2KB, 97x97px
>>72686508
bought by Conde Naste

Got turned into a social engineering/propaganda website

Strange Victory Strange Defeat
>>
>>72689033
Z O E C A M P
>>
>>72688819
>>72692756
they don't

it's a mirage

same as the 'our queen' Grimes threads

(msm/social media is rigged)
>>
>>72687495
you're looking for WIRE

https://www.thewire.co.uk/
>>
>>72687495
I like weed temple but it kind of tries too hard to find super obscure stuff, I dont really read reviews but its nice to just use the song links they post
>>
>>72692745
YHF is a genuine 10/10 tho
>>
>>72691104
like fucking pottery
>>
>>72690891
>lemonade one of the best
it's good and gets too much shit, but it wasn't even one of the best pop albums this YEAR
>>
They got BLACKED
>>
>>72693263
>it wasn't even one of the best pop albums this YEAR
wrong
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.