[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are brits and swedes in particular so good at making music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 1490223222051.jpg (59KB, 640x560px) Image search: [Google]
1490223222051.jpg
59KB, 640x560px
Why are brits and swedes in particular so good at making music?
>>
>swedes
>good at anything
>>
>>72682796
thats interesting i never think of swedes or brits producing great music. Japs are first thing that come to mind for me
>>
>>72682856
This
>>
>>72682856
>>72682992
Good goyim.
>>
>>72682968
Fuck off weeb

The real question is why are Czechs so good at making music
>>
>>72683016
Fuck off Mohamed
>>
>>72683024
>tfw Swedish & czech
Feels good man
>>
brits yes swedes no
>>
>>72682968
what globally relevant have nips produced besides some noise?

>>72683046
most of contemporary hit pop music is composed by a handful of swedes
>>
>>72683024
Fuck off Pavel

The real question is why are Germans so good at making music
>>
>>72684947
Yeah especially techno in 90
>>
>I don't like swedish politics, therefore they instantly suck at everything
>>
This isn't the 60s/70s anymore, brits suck at making music
>>
>>72686549
tfw live in berlin and is p much me except not that into techo. I do however frequent berghain but rarely check whos playing before I go.
>>
File: ahaaaaaa.jpg (50KB, 634x410px)
ahaaaaaa.jpg
50KB, 634x410px
I'm not trolling, I genuinely don't have any idea what you're talking about. What's good that has come out of Sweden?
>>
>>72686883
Pic related
>>
>>72686883
Were bob hund Swedish?
There were bretty gud
>>
File: p0360883.jpg (21KB, 480x270px)
p0360883.jpg
21KB, 480x270px
>>72686893
Not sure I'd agree desu.
>>
>>72686883
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Martin

"american" pop music is mostly composed by a handful of swedes from the suburbs of stockholm
>>
British people have the advantage of sharing linguistic and cultural similarities with another very large country who has, for the past 300 years, or so, brutally oppressed a specific minority, pushing these people to wring artistic greatness from their collective anguish and outsider status.

British people have been able to absorb this art and, due to the fact that they don't have any especially strong negative opinions or resentment regarding the human source of the art, they've been able to incorporate it into their own music with an open mind then sell it back to the United States (a country that fetishizes England) as white people music.
>>
>>72686992
aye pink floyd at its core is clearly derived from that of former british african colonies. the who is aboriginal in origin.
>>
>>72687030
I get the impression you're being sarcastic, but Pink Floyd is literally named after two old black American blues musicians from the Jim Crow South.

British people embraced these influences openly while American artists tried to clean then up and distance themselves from them.
>>
>>72682796
by the magic of homosex
>>
STRONG AND STABLE LEADERSHIP
>>
>>72687088
>I get the impression you're being sarcastic

no seriously. did you know that the beatles stole all their music off some poor indian intellectual? fucking evil empire.
>>
>>72682968
the majority of the greatest bands of all time came from the UK
>>
>>72682856
Vafan sa du?
>>
>>72686883
Yeah I also feel bad for none swedes because there are actually alot of swedish spoken bands who kick the ass of many english ones.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.