[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you will never see Pixies in their prime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

File: pixies.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pixies.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>you will never see Pixies in their prime
>>
My dad saw them open for U2 on the ZooTV tour.
>>
why did the pixies just stop after turning out 4 albums in 4 years ranging from good to great?
>>
>>72676713
Kim left
>>
>>72676713
Their personal relationships were fucking awful. They hated each other. Watching the documentary of their reunion tour I don't blame them for splitting. Frank seems downright autistic which I guess was to be expected. The drummer is utterly drug fucked and seems like a creep and a loser. Only Kim and Joey seem normal and even then don't have much in common.
>>
>>72676713
Because The Breeders totally BTFO of Pixies with Pod.
>>
>>72676627
you mean THE Pixies?
>>
File: unwound02-e1359529260320.jpg (76KB, 719x354px) Image search: [Google]
unwound02-e1359529260320.jpg
76KB, 719x354px
>you will never see unwound in any form
>>
>>72679086
This, I saw them on Trompe Le Monde, it was good but you could see they were past it, then I saw the Breeders which were better, if nothing else because they were having a good time.
>>
>>72676627
Thank god
>>
If they stopped after Doolittle they would be fucking untouchable legends. Regardless of what you think about Bossanova and Trompe Le Monde, it really hurt their reputation. Then after that they just fucking took their reputation and stomped all over it.

It's the same thing with the Violent Femmes. Shoulda stopped after Hallowed Ground.

Being a 1-3 great album band is better than being a 1-3 great album and 4+ mediocre/shit album band.
>>
File: NirvanaNevermindalbumcover.jpg (82KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
NirvanaNevermindalbumcover.jpg
82KB, 300x300px
Literally who
>you will never see Nirvana in their prime
>>
They should have gotten Albini back on board for Bossanova. He's handled surf rock pretty well (Shadowy Men, Phono-Comb, Man or Astro-Man), so I think he would have done a great job capturing that sound. Gil Norton handled Doolittle fine, but Bossanova and Trompe were too muddy. They could have benefited from the punchiness Albini brings to recordings.
>>
>>72676627
>you will never fuck Deal in her prime
>>
Pixies are one of those bands I just burned out listening to, I can't listen to any of their stuff since it's just engrained onto my brain stem.

good thing since I just recently discovered about The Breeders and have been going through their stuff, Last Splash is so good
>>
>>72679740
This
1989-1990 Nirvana were one of the best live bands
>that Nevermind energy before Kurt got on heroin
>>
>>72680093
Surfer Rosa is still fresh to me provided I skip Where Is My Mind, but I've definitely been burnt out on Doolittle. The Breeders overall have a bit more of a timeless appeal.
>>
>>72680152
The Breeders sound especially 90s to me, reeks of MTV but in a good way.

I'm one of those people who doesn't think Pixies' music has aged much, especially the grittiness of Surfer Rosa.
>>
>>72680238
Last Splash sounds like that because of the mainstream, almost grungey type of production on it that was popular at the time. Pod and Title TK are better-produced.
>>
>>72680238
It hasn't aged much at all. Where is my Mind would be a hit if it was released today.
>>
Saw em a couple years ago at a festival.
Fucking sucked. 85% new shit and the old shit sounded half-assed.
Definitely the most disappointing act of the weekend.
>>
>you will never see any 80/90s rock band in an unlit basement getting lost amongs sweaty teens wearing flannelette and sweaters tied around their waist
>>
>>72676627
i'll live.
>>
File: give-leo-an-oscar.jpg (24KB, 600x297px) Image search: [Google]
give-leo-an-oscar.jpg
24KB, 600x297px
>>72679740
>Born in 1997
>Will never get to see a lot of bands in their prime.
>>
>>72676627
I dont like the pixies.
>>
>>72681244
I feel, was born in 96.

Go out to house shows or other small venues. There are bands touring around now that have a lot of potential. Its better than sitting around fantasizing about the past.
>>
>>72681345
I'm only trying to find bands that are doing something new and thats pretty hard.
>>
I saw them in 2011 and they blew. If you look at their performances on youtube from 87-89 they're unreal. So much energy.

Pixies are one of a kind, I feel like all patricians can agree on that.
>>
Saw them like a week ago and yeah obviously not how they used to be with Kim and such but really they sounded pretty fantastic. Played a long set with some newer stuff i didn't care for but tons of great old stuff. Really a good show. Yeah they're pretty chill on stage but Joey fucking kills it still.
>>
>>72681945
Yeah, Joey's still a menace on the guitar. Guitar ages fine. Black Francis's screaming and yelping on the other hand...
>>
>>72681991
I thought he sounded pretty good actually. I had never seen them but my girlfriend had twice already and told me that this time was the best he's sounded. It was a good experience all around except that they ended with an encore of Into the White with that Paz chick singing? Kinda ended the show with like a bad taste
>>
File: 1493411087860.png (245KB, 450x349px) Image search: [Google]
1493411087860.png
245KB, 450x349px
>>72677790
>downright autistic
Evident by the fact that he hired Kim cause she was a chick then gets jealous when the hot girl playing bass gets more attention than him. Truly a fucking envious fatman.
>>
>>72677790
lel Kim was/is a huge druggie too
>>
File: steve-albini.jpg (1MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
steve-albini.jpg
1MB, 1536x2048px
I have a hard-on for Kim.
>>
>>72677790
I love Frank for his music, but the guy's clearly a douche with no social skills. Look no further than the banter on Surfer Rosa when Kim's trying to tell a story about her school's field hockey coach fucking players. He won't let her finish a sentence, he just interrupts with the douchey comment "so I went out for the team".
>>
>>72682695
There were rumors...

Gosh her voice is so sexy.
>>
>>72682034
Oh, huh. When I saw them his voice struggled on certain songs. Tame and Gouge Away were a disappointment.
>>
saw them back in 2009
was like a "best of" show, but still awesome
>>
I love how Kim Deal is basically a straight butch girl. I love how Frank is such an autist. Just real people making real music. No forced image pushed down our throats like with Nirvana. I love how they're so fat and conventional looking. Not what you would expect when listening to their music for the first time.
>>
>>72683528
Not having an image IS their image though, my dude.
>>
>>72679117
dont lose hope bud, if we shill hard enough they might make a reunion someday
>>
>>72683528
Yep, a while back I asked my girlfriend what she thought the lead singer of Pixies looked like. She said a scrawny man.

I asked because she thought that Tom Waits was a fat old black man
>>
>>72679735
Bossanova is unironically one of my favourite Pixies albums. It might even be my most played of theirs start to finish only 'cause I abused Surfer and Doolitle to hell in the past
>>
>>72684011
Not Come On Pilgrim? IMO that's the best of the first three.
>>
>>72683528
But she's a pretty hot butch girl, and she's straight. Wish they made more girls like her.
>>
>>72684011
>listened to Trompe le monde first
>fell in love with it
>was blown away by Surfer Rosa/Come on Pilgrim when I finally got them

ahh, to be 15 again
>>
POWER RANKING TIME

Rosa > Bossanova = Doolittle > Come on Pilgrim > Trompe le Monde >>> Indie Cindy
>>
>>72685008
Pretty spot-on except Doolittle > Bossanova.
>>
>>72683613
i wish
Justin and Sara's new band isn't bad at least, but I don't really know if they've seen Vern for years.
>>
>>72685008
>>72685054
Doolittle>Come on Pilgrim>Surfer Rosa>Bossanoba>Trompe le Monde>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Indie Cindy
>>
>>72685467
Turn the arrows the other way and I agree.
>>
Come On Pilgrim=Doolittle>SurferRosa>Bossanova>>Trompe le Monde

Don't even really acknowledge Indie City.
>>
>>72680238
Who's been telling you Pixies' sound aged?

Their albums sound still sound great. It certainly didn't turn 14 year old me off, anyway.
>>
>>72686581
They went from sounding ahead of their time to ridiculously outdated. Just listen to Blue Eyed Hex.
>>
>>72685467
Have you listened to Head Carrier? It's at least a step in the right direction imo.
>>
>>72683939
>Tom Waits was a fat old black man
He is.
>>
>>72686753
nah, I kinda swore off listening to their new music
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.