[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sergeant Pepper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: SgtPepper (1).jpg (315KB, 1220x1220px) Image search: [Google]
SgtPepper (1).jpg
315KB, 1220x1220px
Is it the best or at least the most influential album ever?
>>
>>72673714
the
>>
nuh, im a dumb shit and i think Spiderland and Loveless are more influential.
>>
>>72673733
fact
>>
>>72673733
fact
>>
>best
No. At least half of it is overly experimental guff which really hasn't stood the test of time.

>most influential
What makes you think it is any more influential than the any of the important works that preceded it e.g. the music of Billie Holliday, Louis Armstrong, Fats Domino, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Elvis Presley, Buddy Holly etc.? That's just not something you can quantify.
>>
>What do you see when you turn out the lights?
>I can't tell you, but I know it's mine
What where they talking about?
>>
>>72673968
penises
>>
>>72673714
It showed everyone how big the production of an album could be, elevating the format. But this was bound to happen and gain traction eventually. Beatles just did it first while they were the biggest band on the planet. From a musical standpoint, this album isn't as influential as many other works from its time.
>>
>>72674004
Also it's a 7/10 at best
>>
>>72673714
>>72674004
this. i am all for people having their own preferences but i strongly believe that from a purely musical standpoint this album is nowhere near the best of '67, let alone ever, and that the enormous commercial apparatus surrounding the beatles has seriously clouded people's vision about their artistic merit. i'm not a scaruffi-level Beatlehater but come on, listen to some other psych rock/pop from the '60s and you'll see how average this stuff is.

A Day in the Life is pretty sweet tho.
>>
y'all have shit taste desu
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.