[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lyrics!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 4baa5214.jpg (88KB, 658x329px) Image search: [Google]
4baa5214.jpg
88KB, 658x329px
What are some good bands/albums that have descriptive lyrics? With even my favorites, I have a hard time with the imagery depicted by the lyrics. It's almost dream-like; just a stream of images with no real cohesion or unifying concept.

But, with Spiderland, it's like I'm fucking there.

I AM at the top of a roller-coaster with Madame Zeroni in a cool, autumn while gazing at the attractions dotting the landscape with the smell the roasted nuts wafting around me.

I AM gripped with social anxiety, battling my apprehension to mingle with my peers but also longing for the comforts of seclusion and the sweet embrace of death.

(I'm aware of the esoteric qualities of these songs, but a surface level observation evokes extremely vivid imagery.)

Any other groups out there that have mastered lyricism, /mu/?
>>
>>72670073
mountain goats
>>
File: 1527255.jpg (37KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1527255.jpg
37KB, 300x300px
>>
Bump bc I want some more stuff like you mentioned
>>
sonic youth had pretty awesome basic brian eno like lyrics until daydream nation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKCNF9Yo6ZA
there's really nothing like the way they sing and write their songs
>>
>>72670605
actually sorry op didn't read very carefully
SY doesn't have very descriptive lyrics

here's a no trend song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY79DYD2Y4o
>>
File: La Dispute - Wildlife.jpg (272KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
La Dispute - Wildlife.jpg
272KB, 900x900px
Gotchu covered OP
>>
>>72670073
Laughing Stock's lyrics are perfect. And the ending is the exact opposite of Spiderland, where a guy begs for forgiveness and gets denied. In Laughing Stock he gets forgiven and blessed. I feel like I'm there with the guy trying desperately trying to have my sins absolved.
>>
>>72670073
King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King
King Crimson - Larks' Tongues in Aspic
King Crimson - Red
>>
>>72670964
Why do those two unrelated albums compliment each other so well?
>>
Very different type of music, but Joanna Newsome's lyrics are like you describe, extremely vivid and descriptive
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.