[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most complex, articulate and spiritual meta-psychedelic-prog-noise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

What is the most complex, articulate and spiritual meta-psychedelic-prog-noise album, and why is it pic related?

This album was the first meme.
>>
>>72669652
Op ~

>inb4 not serious

Totally. Mars Volta comes close but this broke the barrier with its multi layered ironic mysticism.

It fucking shreds too.

Its a shame the singer sometimes sounded like he had a loaf of bread stuffed in his throat live
>>
File: 2529373.jpg (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
2529373.jpg
14KB, 500x500px
>>
>>72669844
Boredoms is good. I need to look into dis. Haven't heard it.
>>
>>72669652
>prog noise
nigga what you talkin about it's just really fuckin good math rock
>>72669696
kek
>>
>>72669652
I loved hold your horse is and checked it out because I wanted more hella... and I hated the fact that they added a vocalist.

Should I give it another shot?
>>
>>72669652
>meta-psychedelic-prog-noise album
the fuck?
>>
Bumpity
>>
File: cover.jpg (213KB, 1080x1064px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
213KB, 1080x1064px
I prefer Soul Discharge because it's more punky and VCN because of its textures when it comes to Boredoms, but all the changes and the weird sounds on this record are probably what you're looking for.
>>
>>72670484
I strongly encourage you to listen to it through headphones and all the way through, reading the lyrics all the way through without stopping - this is the best experience
>>
>>72670484
>>72671052
What I mean is they took the concept of "complexity" to it's utter limit (at least their own limits: math rock/unconventional patterns/rhythms) ... To the point of absurdity - to show that complexity is not a mere calculation, or simply random, this is what I mean by meta.
>>
>>72671862
The titles, the contradictory phrases, elicit some kind of central message lent to the listener by introduction of the record title. It's by the time you reach the last album you are on your way to the pearly gates of re-birth as the image of the world flickers through the laps and waves these guys are running with their instruments.

It's the story of "all" and the album cover is like a prelude to vaporware culture.

Notice the ribbons - it's like a meme:

A ribbon for each thing until you reach zero.
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 237x212px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 237x212px
>>72671862
Here's what I would consider what your trying to describe as my choice.
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtb6HIyXqInKgHG8kymt0TI7K1rsiEjFt
>>
>>72671931
By the time you reach the Last track*** typo

The segments of each song are absolutely stuffed, so densely populated by notes and drum hits as to be borderline un-listenable (which I like, this is day I mean by noise - albeit structured. Also absurd.) This for me generates laughter as its so unabashedly nerdy. Its gleeful ("let your heavies out") even.
>>
>>72671749
>no mention of Super AE

What da fugg are you doin
>>
>>72671862
>>72671052
>>72670484
It would be nonsense were it not for the total control they exercise over the compositions, the mastery and prowess is just impressive. It's relentless. And because of that it's beautiful, and there is something spiritual about that, this sort of mathematical romp, it's near where the punishing - and that's where the lyrics tie it all together.

Sorry I had to sort my shit thru some word filter
>>
>>72671978
This is fucking sick
>>
>>72672086
Yeah you should definitely check out this
>>72671978

If you want maximum intensity less spirituality here's some more stuff
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iRReVaOwmuU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pRMwiemJ5ao

Not huge on lyrics though if that's what you like
>>
>>72672076
Not as texturey as VCN, not as aggressive as SD, not as weird as Pop Tatari.
>>
>>72669652
Probably something in here
http://rateyourmusic.com/list/phthora/guide_to_the_japanese_vanguard_underground/
>>
File: a3337237662_16 (1).jpg (67KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
a3337237662_16 (1).jpg
67KB, 700x700px
>>72669652
Honestly, I like this more but I'd hesitate to call it prog
>>
File: 61qSO8ynaLL.jpg (105KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
61qSO8ynaLL.jpg
105KB, 500x500px
>>72672172
>>72672222
>>72672847
>>72672889
Check this record out
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.