[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have noticed a disturbing trend on /mu/ of people defending

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: Lennon and his punching bag.jpg (37KB, 615x410px) Image search: [Google]
Lennon and his punching bag.jpg
37KB, 615x410px
I have noticed a disturbing trend on /mu/ of people defending the song "Run for Your Life" off the Beatles' album Rubber Soul.

This is one of the most misogynistic and abuse-encouraging songs in the canon of popular music. Even John Lennon went back and said he hated the song.

I've heard the argument that since Lennon himself was an abusive husband and father, the song gains a twisted depth, but I think anyone who says this just wants to defend Lennon for being abusive. The song itself has simplistic, non-artistic lyrics, and an overall melody/arrangement that makes it already one of their worst songs even without the lyrics.

There is no depth to this song, you people are just afraid to criticize misogynists.
>>
>>72661755
There's nothing wrong with beating women
>>
It's not a very good song and yes John Lennon did beat women but tge lyrics themselves alwas came off as ironic or as a character.
>>
who gives a fuck the beatles are shit anyway
shame that that guy didnt shoot lennon sooner
>>
File: paul.jpg (22KB, 248x300px) Image search: [Google]
paul.jpg
22KB, 248x300px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYnkk5T_-IQ

fawapidoo waa
>>
>>72661755
Lots of people on /mu/ are reactionary arseholes that think being or defending misogynists is a position to attack alleged SJW's of which there are about 2
>>
>>72661790
Who gives a fuck if they were ironic though, he wrote it during the period in which he was the most abusive. You can't just be abusive and write a song about abuse and say "haha I was just memeing, I was just pretending to be abusive to a fictional girlfriend that totally isn't my current wife"
>>
>>72661845
>defending women
>>
>>72661858
>You can't just [...] write a song

Yes you fucking can. Don't be on the wrong side of history with your puritanism
>>
>>72661858
Thats not the point. The poit is is that the song isn't trying to normalize or say that this action is acceptable. JL may have been a piece of shit at the time but the song is obviously meant to antagonize the singer. But i guess a wimp like you can only listen to stuff tgey 100% agree with on the message. I bet you hate SWANS soully because Gira is le rapist
>>
>>72661906
I'm not him but he's right

If Charles Manson had written a song about murdering celebrities in the hollywood hills, you can't seriously think he's just being ironic
>>
File: the madman.jpg (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
the madman.jpg
52KB, 600x600px
white girl couldnt handle the bantz
>>
>>72661755
When he finally succeeded in life, he could write "woman is the nigger of the world."
>>
>>72661923
You can disagree with something and still listen to it you know. Since when has anyone on this thread said they wouldn't listen to it because they don't like the message? You were the first person to bring that up
>>
reminder that john only hit cynthia once. yoko claims he never physically hit her. 'wife beater' is hyperbole.

https://soundcloud.com/mayor_of_awesometown/john-cynthia-lennons-college-fight

1 minute mark
>>
>>72661906
>>72661923
I still listen to the song when I listen to the whole album, it's just probably my least favorite track

Also I made this thread because I don't think the song's ironic. The whole tone of it is mean and unpleasant but it doesn't sound imaginary.

I'm not out here telling people they can't listen to Maxwell's Silver Hammer because it might imply that McCartney secretly wanted to murder people

>>72661950
I'm a white guy

>>72661953
At least he established from the start the positive message he wanted to send with that song, and also if you listen to the song it does not disparage women or black people
>>
>>72662031
This desu
What's worse is that he actually on several occasions beat the shit out of blokes (Bob Wooler, Stuart Sutcliffe, random Germans) sometimes so much that they ended up in hospital from it, and this is never brought up
>>
File: IMG_1172.jpg (62KB, 304x304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1172.jpg
62KB, 304x304px
Hey guys, it's Lou

Remember when I beat my girlfriends and called Donna Summers a nigger? Hehe neither do I. But yeah john is a mysognist asshole, the Beatles are overrated
>>
>>72661778
/thread
>>
>>72662175
>>72661778
epic, simply epic xd
>>
>>72662152
Lou please come back:(
>>
>>72662152
he would also ask women to shit on him.

classic lou
>>
>>72662202
Anyone else cry a little bit when they think of Lou? N-no homo
>>
>>72661755
>>72661755
I've never heard anyone deny what John did was wrong or supported it. Everyone knows that he was an asshole, but his and The Beatles impact on popular music and culture can't be denied. I've always seen it as something everyone knows about but doesn't really talk about.
>>
>>72662342
Post nudes of the girl from chvrches xD
>>
>>72661778
-sigh- Another day on /mu/...
>>
>>72663178
You're on 4chan, are you really surprised?
>>
File: 2013cubscon043_zpsf68219f8.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
2013cubscon043_zpsf68219f8.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
>>72661755
>not seperating the artist from the music
>>
>>72661755
DID U GUYS KNOW JOHN LENNON USED TO BEAT HIS WIFE
I BET YOU DIDN'T KNOW JOHN LENNON USED TO BEAT HIS WIFE

BTW JOHN LENNON USED TO BEAT HIS WIFE

ALSO LED ZEPPELIN STOLE ALL THEIR RIFFS
>>
>>72661755
>but I think anyone who says this just wants to defend Lennon for being abusive.
Nah, I don't like or want to defend Lennon, but I still think that fact somewhat improves the song.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.