[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How could Scaruffi possibly have a relevant opinion on music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: PierpScaruffi.jpg (30KB, 548x308px) Image search: [Google]
PierpScaruffi.jpg
30KB, 548x308px
How could Scaruffi possibly have a relevant opinion on music? He didn't study music or play it? He's not an industry insider or music historian? Why do you even acknowledge his opinion???
>>
>>72654374
I don't even read his stuff, but it only took me 10 seconds to find out that he actually is a music historian who's written several books.

Honestly, why do you care so much? Why aren't you focusing on making music?
>>
>>72654374

>experienced, listened to thousands of artists
>not blinded by media hype or bandwagon hatred of an artist
>willing to give obscure artists a chance and give them proper praise if needed
>gives poetic, insightful descriptions of each track
>goes deep into an album's themes and philosophical meanings
>knowledgeable about influences and how an album continues the tradition of similar artists in the past

Misses the mark a few times, but nobody's perfect.
>>
He's the best prog rock critic of all time
>>
His is a broad approach where music fits into a larger sociopolitical schema.
i.e. The Beatles are bad because they were double agents stealing national secrets for the queen and Frank Zappa is good because he invented Silicon Valley through innovate use of his dadaist mustache.
>>
>>72654507
>gives poetic, insightful descriptions of each track

tell me you're joking please

It's funny to read your post while knowing simultaneously that this is the man who called Between the Buried and Me a black metal band
>>
At least Christgau didn't advocate for lowering the age of consent to 12.
>>
>>72654374
>Why do you even acknowledge his opinion???
I don't. He knows a lot about rock I suppose and I guess the whole thing with rock is that you don't need to study music or really know anything about it to have spicy opinions and describe the music.

But who cares about rock?
>>
>>72654600
Don't misrepresent Scaruffi like that. He advocated for getting rid of all age limits.
>>
>>72654558
>metalfag arguing about genre tags
Don't you have some youtube videos to go argue in?
>>
>>72654600
Xgau's taste is so shitty that nothing else about him can redeem that
>>
>>72654600
Christgau just analyzes the lyrics and sees where he can make a sociopolitical statement about the artist, and that's about it. He doesn't know how to contextualize musical history like Scaruffles.
>>
>>72654374
probably cause he's a contrarian and find interesting music
>>
>>72654374
he's unarguably the best rock critic tho
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.