[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This album fucking sucks. I'm sorry.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2915.jpg (60KB, 522x514px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2915.jpg
60KB, 522x514px
This album fucking sucks. I'm sorry.
>>
hahahahahahahaha
>>
I disagree but respect your right to your opinion
>>
>>72648395
epic anon
>>
It has the Jackass song tho
>>
>>72648687
>>72648698
>>72648713
>>72648722
You fucks can't even explain your shit.
>>
>>72648741
Neither did you
>>
>>72648741
Music is subjective. There's nothing to explain. You either like it or you don't. When you're older you'll understand
>>
>>72648698
I don't.

OP your opinion is shit and wrong.
>>
>>72648768
this
>>
Double Nickels would be a 10/10 if D Boon would shut up
>>
>>72648768
This is the usual argument, but I've found more and more I disagree with it. The real reason more, though by no means all or even a majority, of people feel they can objectively value film, is because everyone at least feels they understand the process by which a film is made, even if they really don't. They understand that there's acting, directing, editing etc.... It's kind of like how everyone thinks they understand politics, and thus have a strong opinion about it.
Music, on the other hand, most people seem to think is magic. It's some nebulous art springing forth from the artist's soul, untranslatable into our mortal ways of determining quality. This ignores that much of music making is actually a very mechanical, sloggish, process. It ignores the actual, quantifiable processes of production, and if you don't think lyrics/poetry can be be placed on a continuum between good and bad, I suggest reading some T.S. Elliot and then reading some of the poetry I wrote in middle school.
The fact is most people have little to no education in music or in poetry past high school, and got a pretty shit one while there. They don't understand music, poetry, or art, and so the only level they can appreciate it on, is how it makes them feel. Which, right away I should mention is a completely valid and important way to experience and appreciate art. It's just not objective. Once you add in the fact that music more than anything else, tends to have a deeper personal connection and role in the process of self-identification, particularly when young music can feel like a part of you, it makes it incredibly difficult to have objective conversations about music, but that's not to say it's impossible.

1/2
>>
>>72648768
>>72649298
2/2

Even if you disagree with all the above, I'd hope you'd agree with this, that the argument of "It's all subjective, and everyone likes what they like and there's no such thing as good or bad," has been taken much too far in music. Subjectivity is of course always going to be a factor in enjoyment, but to apply this standard uncritically is to flatten everything into the same homogenous nothing. The Beatles are no better than Nickleback, Silento is as vital as Kendrick Lamar, commercial jingles are as artistically valid as Stravinsky, etc.... We've taken subjectivity to an extreme, in part to validate everyone's personal attachment to the music they love, but this really does ignore the fact that some people really do just have shit taste.
>>
>>72649298
>>72649315
I hope to god this is pasta. I'm truly embarrassed for you otherwise.
>>
>>72648539
You have a right to your opinion but I respectfully disagree.

This album is pure genius and has stood the test of time. I feel it's one of The Minutemen's best.
>>
File: 1490423635349.jpg (45KB, 402x467px) Image search: [Google]
1490423635349.jpg
45KB, 402x467px
>>72650315
>The Minutemen
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.